Admissions to special needs schools in Houston TX: Private school for gifted and talented kids with autism, Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD, ADD. Special education programs / private tutoring in Harris County TX for elementary school & middle school students with anxiety, emotional issues..
The Journey School of Houston: Located in north-west Houston TX, just 10 minutes from the city center, The Journey School of Houston provides inclusive education to meet the needs of the whole child. We offer therapeutic programs to students from age 5 through to 8th Grade. Our personalized curriculum supports individual growth in order for each child to succeed and live with intention.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Many of the students we serve are gifted, talented, twice-exceptional with anxiety, ADHD, ADD, OCD, Asperger's, social-emotional delays or have been through a trauma which interferes in life and school.
Personalized Programs for Students Ages 5 - 8th Grade: Private, academic, accelerated learning, integrated mixed media arts, mobile learning, social-emotional learning. Subjects include:
Located in Austin, Texas, House of Tutors provides personalized, one-on-one tutoring to K-12 students, college and graduate students. In addition, we offer specialized tutoring programs for students with learning disabilities and those who require remedial instruction as well as programs for gifted students.
We provide tutoring in a wide range of subjects as well as test preparation and strategies for GRE, SAT, LSAT and GMAT exams, study skills training, time management and English as a Second Language (ESL).
Our expansive facilities in Austin are conveniently located near major universities and schools. We also offer tutoring in your home, at your school, or in after-school facilities, libraries and community centers.
Our students are successful because we provide individualized and one-on-one tutoring and guidance. Our highly-trained instructors are selected for their expertise in a subject as well as their passion for teaching and delight in participating in a student’s success. Students are matched with instructors based on their individual needs.
In addition, we provide educational services for business professionals, namely providing classes, programs, and seminars on presentation skills and cultural skills; and vocational courses for paralegal, nursing and business skills.
Student Testimonial: "House of Tutors is the absolute best tutoring company by far. I started going to them for help with AP high school classes, and they were amazing." - Luigi
Located in Houston in Harris County, TX, Awty International School is a private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school offering programs from preschool through to 12th grade. We are unique among Houston's private schools in that our multi-national student body and strong language programs provide a multi-cultural experience not available elsewhere. Each student takes a second language, English, French or Spanish. We also offer native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic & Dutch.
We offer students two academic programs: A traditional American college preparatory curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate or the French Baccalaureate. Students in both International Baccalaureate and French Baccalaureate programs must meet the requirements for an American high school diploma which includes credits in fine arts, computer science and American history.
Awty International School is accredited by the Council for International Schools (C.I.S). With 50 nationalities in our student body, our students learn from each other about countries around the world. There simply is no other school in Houston which offers these unique opportunities.
College Preparatory Curriculum for Children in Preschool through 12th Grade:
- Leading to the International Baccalaureate or French Baccalaureate:
- International Section
- French Section
- Primary, Middle and Upper Schools
- All students take a second language - English, French or Spanish
- Native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and Dutch
- Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, foreign Language, computer science, P.E. and fine arts
Montessori Children's House, located in Fort Worth, Texas, is a child-centered, dynamic school offering programs for children aged 18 months to 12 years. Children are encouraged to learn by doing. They choose work from multi-sensory Montessori materials that provide them with experiences at a concrete level then progress toward abstraction by integrating complexity. Multi-age groupings give them the opportunity to learn from other students and to participate in cooperative projects. Interdependence rather than competition is encouraged to foster high self-esteem.
Montessori Children's House is a fully accredited school with the American Montessori Society (AMS). Our music program is accredited by Musikgarten.
Conveniently located in Missouri City TX, in Fort Bend County just 20 minutes from Downtown Houston, Little Wonders Learning Center provides Reggio Emilia-inspired education programs for children from infants through elementary school.
Our curriculum is child-centered and based on the Reggio Emilia approach - which promotes education through the development of all of their languages: expressive, communicative, symbolic, cognitive, ethical, metaphorical, logical, imaginative and relational.
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) provides high-quality, NCAA-approved homeschool programs for K-12 students in Texas, throughout the United States, and internationally.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we have offered online homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
• At ALA, we are committed to providing a positive learning environment for every student. We recognize that each child is an individual, and provide customized instruction for students of all levels.
• The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• We use Odysseyware Curriculum, which includes core and elective courses, and allows for comprehensive, customized programs for each student. In addition, we offer a diverse range of electives, administrative tools, and assessment applications to facilitate learning and teaching in an online environment.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events which are held live online so that your child or teenager can interact with other students in real time.
• On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
Located in the Houston Heights area just north of Downtown Houston TX, The New School in the Heights is a private, special needs school for K-8th Grade children with ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Sensory Integration, selective mutism, reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and other diagnoses where children struggle with social-emotional issues.
Although we are not exclusively a private school for gifted children, many of our students are gifted and talented as G/T children tend to struggle with emotions they have not yet learned to manage. Our goal for all students is to return to mainstream education.
Our mission is to provide an alternative educational experience for children with good or superior intelligence whose social-emotional delays interfere with success in school and life. New School in the Heights is accredited by TAAPS (Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools).