Contact private schools in Ontario: Private high school in Ottawa offering alternative education for boys & girls. University preparation courses for international students & local students, full-time & part-time study programs. Independent high school close to downtown Ottawa.
Blyth Academy: Blyth Academy is a flourishing private high school conveniently located in the heart of beautiful Westboro Village, less than 10 minutes west of Downtown Ottawa.
Our campus offers a comprehensive full-time high school program (Grades 9-12), as well as part-time, private, semi-private and summer school classes. Our newest school, Blyth Academy Online, allows high school students across the province to experience the Blyth difference.
Blyth Academy Ottawa is surrounded by art galleries, boutiques, and parks. Westboro is one of the most vibrant and active neighbourhoods in Ottawa, focusing on outdoor and fitness activities through its close proximity to cycling and hiking trails, and the Gatineau Hills.
Situated in Ottawa ON, the Académie de la Capitale is an independent, bilingual, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6. We also provide an intermediate secondary school programme, with Grade 9 - 12 courses leading to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Founded in 1988, the Académie was the first authorized IB PYP school in the Ottawa/Outaouais region, and is now the only school offering the PYP in a French/bilingual co-educational setting. We are currently working towards obtaining the authorization for the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), for students in Grade 7 to 10.
Our mission is to create a village where consideration and respect for others are valued; and where inquiry, interaction, and innovation are the ingredients for academic achievement, through experiential learning.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6:
- Disciplines include Language, Math, Science &Technology, Social Studies, and the Arts
- Intermediate secondary school programme
- Grades 9-12 (Secondary School Diploma)
- Bilingual preschool programme for toddlers 18-36 months
- 12 month programme for students ages 3-5
- French-language day camp during the summer months
- English with intensive French option for the PYP, for ages 3-6
The abacus, that ancient, no-batteries-required, bead-based calculator, is making a comeback in after-school programs.
The course is about Abacus education. We use numbers 0-9 and the abacus as the prime tool to develop the mental abilities of the child. This is not a mathematics course! We are simply using the child’s ability to do mental arithmetic to increase the productivity of the brain and to enhance mind power.
Scientific analyses indicate abacus training can improve a child’s ability to:
and process information.
But how can it accomplish all that, and so much more?
Our brain has two hemispheres, the left brain and the right brain. About 95% of our children use only the left brain, which provides the ability to analyze information concerning languages and sound. But the right side of the brain, which is focused on thinking, creativity and integration of information, needs to be used and stimulated as well.
Learning to use the abacus can help develop this right brain/left brain integration.
PEAC School For Elite Athletes answers the needs for high performing athletes by delivering the Ontario (Canada) Curriculum in small class sizes, with Ontario Certified Teachers. PEAC offers the Ontario Curriculum for students in grades 6-12 in Toronto.
PEAC‘s academic program is based on the current Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines. Students attending PEAC receive the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma upon completion of grade 12. Students benefit from the use of laptops, smartboard technology and wireless access to the internet where lessons are updated online daily.
Flexible deadlines and high academic standards truly separate PEAC from any other school in Canada. PEAC is truely “Where athletes come to learn”. PEAC offers daily dry-land training / sport specific training to all student athletes as well as nutritional counselling and conditioning and strength training geared to their individual sport. In addition, PEAC's athletic programs provide male and female athletes with professional coaches, top level instruction, and skill development in their sport.
PEAC School For Elite Athletes is a co-ed school for high performing athletes:
- We offer the Ontario Curriculum grades 6-12, featuring fully accredited staff and courses.
- Sports include ice hockey, soccer, freestyle skiing, snowboarding and figure skating
- Academic subjects include but are not limited to English, Math, Science, International Business, Law, History, Geography, French, Visual Arts and Music.
All PEAC curriculum is regulated and inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Venta Preparatory School located just west of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, is a small day and boarding school for students from Senior Kindergarten to Grade 10. At Venta we are committed to the ideal of helping our students reach the full unfolding of their personalities and achieve to their highest intellectual potential.
At Venta our students enjoy a safe and happy learning environment, and a style of education designed with each individual child in mind.
- Kindergarten to Grade 10
- Maximum class size of 12
- Individual Attention
- A High Level of Performance Monitoring
- Supervised Homework Periods
- Daily Physical Education
- Mandatory Music and Art
- Flexible Before-and-After School Care
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Science Fairs
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Soccer field
& more ...
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year
Wisdom Academy is an independently-operated private high school located in Toronto, Southern Ontario. Wisdom Academy offers high school education and credit programs for students who wish to obtain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma Certificate. We are a semestered school and our programs are offered year-round.
Wisdom Academy is accredited and inspected by the Ministry of Education, Ontario. We are dedicated to providing quality academic programs to our students meeting their individual learning needs, and committed to academic excellence and to each student’s success in learning by developing student’s confidence and passion for learning.
At Wisdom Academy, all our high school education programs are based on the Ontario Secondary School curriculum. Students will be able to gain high school credits towards the Ontario High School Diploma by completing their courses on a part-time / full-time basis. Students will be able to select the best program that suits their requirements among our day programs, evening programs, night programs & summer programs.
We also offer a fast track program for students who can not attend the regular programs and want to complete the program faster.