Contact secondary schools in Ontario: Private high school in Ottawa offering full-time & part-time study programs. University preparation courses for international students & local students. Alternative high school close to downtown Ottawa for boys & girls..
Blyth Academy, Ottawa: Blyth Academy is a flourishing private high school conveniently located in the heart of beautiful Westboro Village, just 10 minutes west of Downtown Ottawa. Our campus offers a comprehensive full-time high school program, as well as part-time, private, semi-private, night time and summer school classes.
Email:Contact us below
Our Ottawa campus is a school of 70 students. This allows us to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses.
Private School Programs: - Full-time School Programs
- Grade 9-10: Foundations Program
- Grade 11-12: University Preparation Program
- Part-time Courses
- Private and Semi-Private Courses
- Repeat Courses
- Blyth Academy Online
- Academics for Athletes
- Summer School
• Keystone Toronto International High School in downtown Toronto was established by Keystone International Schools group (founded in Istanbul, Turkey) with the aim of providing the children of expats in Canada as well as international students studying abroad with the wonderful opportunity of high school studies (grades 9-12) in Ontario, in preparation for a smooth transition into post-secondary education in North America.
• At Keystone Toronto, students follow the Ontario curriculum, while learning key self-management skills needed for later success in higher education. Apart from the core curriculum subjects, students choose their electives based on their interests and potential career choices (with the aid of their parents, or guardians, teachers and guidance counselor).
• In preparation for college & university, Keystone Toronto International High School teaches students to think about what they learn, to understand, analyze, investigate, formulate, and propose logical solutions to non-routine problems. Students are taught to be resourceful, to connect their learning to real-life issues, to organize tasks, and manage their time to meet deadlines.
• International students are placed in carefully selected homestays with a local family, with our student coordinator maintaining daily contact with the students and weekly contact with the families. Keystone students are immersed in the Canadian culture, customs and values, therefore easing their adaptation period.
Montessori Works in Mississauga in the Greater Toronto Area, Southern ON is a private Montessori school that provides experiential learning for children (2 1/2 - 5 years) to become independent thinkers in a nurturing and stimulating environment which creates an intrinsic joy for learning.
We support the Montessori philosophy to follow the child that emphasizes on educating every individual academically and emotionally to become better citizens of the world. We offer half day and full day programs, as well as before and after school care.
Our strength is to provide the best language enriched curriculum in Mississauga with an integrated peace and culture component. In embracing the respect for nature and universal tolerance, our Montessori school adopts a hands-on curriculum that supports a creative and imaginative approach to learning.
The Montessori curriculum focuses on providing a prepared environment to meet the needs of the children. It is divided into five major areas of interest which are Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture. Each area is enriched with manipulative and self-correcting material to enable the child to learn through his or her interest.
Situated in Ottawa ON, the Académie de la Capitale is an independent, bilingual, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6. We also provide an intermediate secondary school programme, with Grade 9 - 12 courses leading to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Founded in 1988, the Académie was the first authorized IB PYP school in the Ottawa/Outaouais region, and is now the only school offering the PYP in a French/bilingual co-educational setting. We are currently working towards obtaining the authorization for the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), for students in Grade 7 to 10.
Our mission is to create a village where consideration and respect for others are valued; and where inquiry, interaction, and innovation are the ingredients for academic achievement, through experiential learning.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6:
- Disciplines include Language, Math, Science &Technology, Social Studies, and the Arts
- Intermediate secondary school programme
- Grades 9-12 (Secondary School Diploma)
- Bilingual preschool programme for toddlers 18-36 months
- 12 month programme for students ages 3-5
- French-language day camp during the summer months
- English with intensive French option for the PYP, for ages 3-6
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Havergal College is a preeminent girls' school for 900 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our Boarding School is home to 50 Canadian and International students in Grades 9 to 12.
Established in 1894, the school's mission is to prepare young women to make a difference in their chosen pursuits by enabling each student to develop her full intellectual, spiritual and physical potential. At Havergal, students learn how to become effective anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The Havergal Old Girls network is connected with more than 8,000 Old Girls living in more than 50 countries around the world.
Students benefit from the many opportunities to develop their whole self—their full intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical potential. Our research-based approach to curriculum development and delivery draws upon the best contemporary and traditional educational methodologies. A Havergal education prepares students for a lifetime of learning, leadership and limitless possibilities.
- Junior School: Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Middle School: Grades 7 & 8
- Senior School: Grades 9-12
- Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 for Canadian & international students
- Arts courses such as drama, visual arts, multimedia arts, vocals, band, strings & more
- Curricular and co-curricular athletics programs
- French, Spanish, Latin & Mandarin language courses
- Social sciences courses in Harkness-style classrooms ideal for discussion-based learning
- Advanced Placement courses in the Senior School
Discovery Academy is a private, co-educational, accredited university preparatory school located in Thornhill (immediately south of Richmond Hill) in the northern Greater Toronto Area of Southern Ontario. We provide education programs for grades K-12, and also offer a program for international students wishing to earn credits and / or a high school diploma. Our credits are recognized by universities, colleges and other high schools in Ontario and worldwide.
At Discovery, we prepare young people to make a difference in their future pursuits and improve the world we live in by equipping each student with the skills and knowledge necessary to recognize and achieve their full physical, creative, and academic potential. We have been shaping students careers since 2005.
At Discovery, our unique approach to education has earned us a strong reputation in the community and amongst universities throughout Canada. Discovery Academy claims 100% of their graduates are accepted to the postsecondary school of their choice. Our teachers not only connect with students, but also exploit their hidden talents and abilities.
- Preschool program (Saturday / Sunday)
- Day school program
- International students program with homestay
- Summer camp program
- Tutoring and advanced programs
- After school programs
- Sunday program in French
- TOEFL English language program
- Night school programs