International schools in Switzerland: IB diploma programme school near Zurich. English-speaking boarding school for secondary school girls & boys aged 16, 17, 18. Co-educational boarding schools in Europe, residential schools for foreign students/ high school year abroad programs in Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Austria. Internat in Schweiz: Internationale schulen in Zürich umgebung.
International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH): The International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH) is well-established private international school located north of Zurich in northern Switzerland. We provide the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme to both day students and boarding students (ages 16-18) from around the world. The IB Diploma is an international university entrance qualification which grants students access to universities in 141 countries, including Switzerland and Germany.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (grades 11 & 12 / ages 16-18) The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is a challenging two-year curriculum available to both day students and boarding students. It comprises the final two years of secondary school (grades 11+12) and leads to a internationally-recognized university entrance certificate (the IB Diploma). Leading universities worldwide welcome students who have completed this intellectually-challenging and rigorous curriculum. The IB Diploma Admission is open to students that have completed the IB Middle Years Programme or equivalent.
At ISSH the following subjects are currently on offer:
Group 1: Language A (best language English A German A
Group 2: Language B (second language) English B German B French B
Group 3: Individuals and Societies Geography History Psychology Business and Management
Group 4: Experimental Sciences Chemistry Biology Physics
Group 5: Mathematics and Computer Sciences Mathematics
Students choose one subject from each of the five groups and an additional subject from any group 1-5.
Located in Rolle, beside Lake Geneva and between Lausanne and Nyon in the Canton of Vaud in western Switzerland, Institut Le Rosey is a prestigious, international, boarding school and the oldest private boarding school in Switzerland. We cater for boys and girls from class 9 (US 3rd grade, UK year 4) to class 1 (US 12th grade, UK Year 12). Le Rosey’s 380 students are all boarders and share life on two campuses, the first in Rolle and the second in Gstaad (winter months).
All students must sit either the International Baccalaureate (IB) or French baccalauréat after following an academic programme with the chance to take each subject in either English or French, as well as studying one, two or even three further foreign languages. They live in an international community to which each Rosean contributes through his or her own language, culture and religion; making the campus a true “global village” to share with friends. Boarding life is a linguistic and cultural meeting point. Foreigners become friends, and using foreign languages becomes second nature. Roseans have sports and artistic activities every day, and are encouraged to develop their multiple intelligences and talents.
- Boarding Programs for boys and girls from class 9 ( US 3rd grade, UK year 4) to class 1 (US 12th grade, UK Year 12)
- Bilingual French/English System
- Academic Curriculum is based on that of the French national curriculum for subjects studied in French, and on the UK National Curriculum for those taught in English.
- Students take either International Baccalaureate (IB) or French Baccalauréat
- College and University Guidance
- Active Summer Camp
Léman International Academy (LIA) is a family-size French / English bilingual, Christian international school situated in Cologny in the Canton of Geneva in the southwest of Switzerland, approximately 5 km from Geneva City Centre. We welcome both French and English speaking students ages 3 to 11 years from all ethnic and religious backgrounds in a multi-cultural and supportive learning environment. We follow both the Swiss Plan d'Etudes Romand and the North American standards.
The mission of Léman International Academy is to inspire a passion for learning, encourage emotional and intellectual vitality, and empower students to grow with confidence and courage to contribute to the global community. Our approach is to facilitate learning in partnership with the student and his or her family. Our families love our values, our caring teachers and easily accessible location.
Our highly qualified staff guides their students in acquiring a framework of knowledge while encouraging them to develop their skills and self-confidence. Students will master grade-appropriate competencies while being nurtured in their natural curiosity to explore the world around them.
Calling Global Parents of boarding students to consider quality education in German-speaking Austria as an alternative for your child, and Vienna, a city of rich historical beauty & culture in the heart of modern Europe.
AMADEUS International School is a private day and boarding school in Vienna, Austria based in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility. The first international boarding school in Vienna, our programmes are designed for primary, middle and secondary school students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. We warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, race, or physical ability.
Our quality academic programmes include the high honors-level IB Diploma, as well as the standard-level High School Diploma programme, both of which are taught in English.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5-10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Our boarding programmes offer a 'Home Away From Home' atmosphere and include weekly or semester boarding to international students and local students. All of our premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards.
Academic Programmes - boarding from Grade 6:
- Primary School and Middle School programmes
- High honors-level IB Diploma programme taught in English for secondary school students
- Standard-level High School Diploma programme taught in English for Grades 7-12
- Professional classical music education
Boarding school features:
- Day boarding and Full boarding available from Grade 6; weekly boarding possible upon request
- Purpose-built boarding facilities
- Full-time boarding staff & security
Situated just south of Zurich in Wädenswil, northern Switzerland, Zurich International School is a leading, non-profit international day school based on American models offering a comprehensive education program taught in English for students aged 2 to 18 in the greater Zurich and Baden areas. Over 1,300 students from more than 45 countries attend one of the school’s five campuses. ZIS offers Advanced Placement courses (AP) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
As an IB Organisation World School we are accredited by both the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S. ZIS is also officially approved by the Departments of Education of the Cantons of Zurich and Aargau. A strong academic program, centered around the traditional core disciplines, prepares students for entrance into colleges, universities, or other institutions. In addition, the school provides courses and learning support services which address the needs of a student body diverse in educational background and ability. More than 90% of the graduating seniors enter universities and institutions of higher learning worldwide.
- Programs from pre-school to grade 12
- Curriculum follows Amercian College Preparatory Models with Advanced Placement Courses and English, history, foreign languages, mathematics, science, creative arts, and physical education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
- Primary Years Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
- English is the main language of instruction with German and French taught as second languages
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Program
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Switzerland, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
John F. Kennedy International School, located in Saanen, in the canton of Bern, Switzerland, is a co-educational English-language boarding and day school for children ages 5 to 14 (grades K - 8). The school is a charter member of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), which has developed units of study specifically designed for international schools. This curriculum is based on a clear philosophy of international education in a time of rapid global change, and also reflects recent developments in our understanding of how the brain works and how children learn. The student body is made up of 75 students from over twenty different countries. Boarding enrolment is limited to 30 students in order to maintain first-rate quality of care in our family-like environment.
- English-language boarding and day school for children ages 5 to 14 (grades K - 8)
- English (reading / literature, writing, spelling, grammar, handwriting, listening and speaking),
- Social studies (history, geography, social sciences),
- Information technology
- Physical education