Swiss boarding school in Zurich area for boys and girls. English international boarding school in Switzerland offering IB program for secondary school girls & boys aged 16, 17, 18. Co-educational boarding school in central Europe, residential school for foreign students/ high school year abroad program. Internat in Schweiz - Internationale schulen in Zürich umgebung.
International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH): Are you searching for an IB boarding school in Switzerland? Situated in Schaffhausen, north of Zurich, The International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH) provides high quality international education taught in English. We are an authorized IB World School for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, which is a challenging two-year curriculum available to both day students and boarding students. The IB Diploma grants students access to universities in 141 countries, including Switzerland and Germany. Our Junior College boarding programme is specifically designed for teenagers aged 16-18 from around the world. Students are invited to join our international community of learners, to share our passion for knowledge and to develop into lifelong learners.
Email:Contact us below
IB Diploma Programme- available to both day and boarding students
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is a challenging two-year curriculum available to both day students and boarding students. It comprises the final two years of secondary school (grades 11+12) and leads to a internationally-recognized university entrance certificate (the IB Diploma).
We also an authorized IB World School for the primary program and the middle years program which are offered to day students only.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from the UK, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Set in a stunning location in Montreux, high in the Swiss Alps, Surval Montreux is a small international boarding school for girls between the ages of 13–18. We provide IGCSEs, A Levels, Foundation Year, American High School Diploma and a Liberal Arts Programme focused on combining social and practical skills, languages and a strong cultural and creative focus. We also offer comprehensive Summer and Winter Camp programmes.
We offer girls the opportunity to love learning, to develop and grow intellectually, personally, spiritually and to become leaders. Through the combination of an internationally recognised academic curriculum and a strong focus on developing creative and social skills, Surval Montreux will prepare girls for further studies at top international universities, and for the challenges they will face in high positions in the future.
Situated just south of Zurich in Wädenswil, northern Switzerland, Zurich International School is a leading, non-profit international day school based on American models offering a comprehensive education program taught in English for students aged 2 to 18 in the greater Zurich and Baden areas. Over 1,300 students from more than 45 countries attend one of the school’s five campuses. ZIS offers Advanced Placement courses (AP) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
As an IB Organisation World School we are accredited by both the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S. ZIS is also officially approved by the Departments of Education of the Cantons of Zurich and Aargau. A strong academic program, centered around the traditional core disciplines, prepares students for entrance into colleges, universities, or other institutions. In addition, the school provides courses and learning support services which address the needs of a student body diverse in educational background and ability. More than 90% of the graduating seniors enter universities and institutions of higher learning worldwide.
- Programs from pre-school to grade 12
- Curriculum follows Amercian College Preparatory Models with Advanced Placement Courses and English, history, foreign languages, mathematics, science, creative arts, and physical education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
- Primary Years Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
- English is the main language of instruction with German and French taught as second languages
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Program
Situated just 5 minutes from Zurich International Airport in north-east Zurich, Switzerland, International School Zurich North (ISZN) is a multi-cultural, day IB World School that provides education in English to students ages 0-18.
Affiliated to Cambridge IGCSE and GCSE Board of Exams, we maintain a high standard level of education for both local and expat children in Zurich.
As a private international school, we are outstanding when it comes for education, curriculum and personal development of a child. With a 1:8 staff to student ratio, it is easy for teachers to deliver individual attention to each child.
We have 40+ highly-qualified teachers at ISZN. With English being the primary mode of communication and language; we have teachers who have taught in different countries and are acquainted with diverse cultures and students.
Our teachers have 100+ combined years of teaching experience that makes the ISZN foundation of learning strong.
John F. Kennedy International School, located in Saanen, in the canton of Bern, Switzerland, is a co-educational English-language boarding and day school for children ages 5 to 14 (grades K - 8). The school is a charter member of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), which has developed units of study specifically designed for international schools. This curriculum is based on a clear philosophy of international education in a time of rapid global change, and also reflects recent developments in our understanding of how the brain works and how children learn. The student body is made up of 75 students from over twenty different countries. Boarding enrolment is limited to 30 students in order to maintain first-rate quality of care in our family-like environment.
- English-language boarding and day school for children ages 5 to 14 (grades K - 8)
- English (reading / literature, writing, spelling, grammar, handwriting, listening and speaking),
- Social studies (history, geography, social sciences),
- Information technology
- Physical education
Situated in the stunning village of Gstaad overlooking the Swiss Alps, Gstaad International School is a co-educational boarding school for students ages 13-19 that specialises in an exclusive, high-quality boarding school education set within a unique, intimate and nurturing environment. The school offers an international curriculum consisting of British IGCSE and A Levels, American High School Diploma, Foundation Year and a tailored Pre-University Foundation Programme, in addition to a Summer Programme.
While English is the primary language of instruction, there is also a comprehensive English-as-an-Additional-Language (EAL) programme in place throughout the curriculum. Each academic programme can be tailored to the needs of our students, and we provide continuous academic guidance to our students to help choose the right path for their future goals.
At Gstaad International School our mission is to develop compassionate men and women who will go on to be leaders in their chosen professions and of good influence in the world.