International boarding school in Switzerland: Boarding high school for international students, private secondary school in Europe offering A-levels, IGCSEs & American high school diploma programs. English-speaking boarding school for girls, boys in Montreux, close to Geneva.
Gstaad International School: Located in the picturesque town of Gstaad, overlooking the Swiss Alps, Gstaad International School is a boarding school for boys and girls 13-19 years that specialises in the provision of an exclusive high quality boarding school education in a unique, intimate and nurturing environment. We provide a comprehenisve international curriculum consisting of a Foundation Year, British IGCSE and A Levels, an American High School Diploma, and a tailored Pre-University Foundation Programme, as well as a Summer Programme. Classes are taught through English, with a comprehensive EAL (English as an Additional Language) option available
The school has two locations in Gstaad; Chalet Ahorn and newly acquired Campus Alpine Lodge, and offers a great range of extra-curricular activities and opportunities beyond the classroom.
John F. Kennedy International School, located in Saanen, in the canton of Bern, Switzerland, is a co-educational English-language boarding and day school for children ages 5 to 14 (grades K - 8). The school is a charter member of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), which has developed units of study specifically designed for international schools. This curriculum is based on a clear philosophy of international education in a time of rapid global change, and also reflects recent developments in our understanding of how the brain works and how children learn. The student body is made up of 75 students from over twenty different countries. Boarding enrolment is limited to 30 students in order to maintain first-rate quality of care in our family-like environment.
- English-language boarding and day school for children ages 5 to 14 (grades K - 8)
- English (reading / literature, writing, spelling, grammar, handwriting, listening and speaking),
- Social studies (history, geography, social sciences),
- Information technology
- Physical education
Located close to the city centre of Geneva, Switzerland, Geneva English School is a vibrant, friendly primary school for boys and girls ages 3 to 12 years in a truly international environment.
We provide a balanced, high-quality English language education based on the English National Curriculum, including French lessons throughout the week for all children. From Reception through to Year 6, students are immersed in core subject areas including Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Expressive Arts, and more.
Geneva English School aims to provide an outstanding British-based primary education, in an international community where boys and girls learn, achieve and grow together in an inspiring, purposeful, happy and enriching environment.
We encourage and guide all children to realize their potentials and become independent thinkers, academically curious and socially confident.
Situated just south of Zurich in Wädenswil, northern Switzerland, Zurich International School is a leading, non-profit international day school based on American models offering a comprehensive education program taught in English for students aged 2 to 18 in the greater Zurich and Baden areas. Over 1,300 students from more than 45 countries attend one of the school’s five campuses. ZIS offers Advanced Placement courses (AP) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
As an IB Organisation World School we are accredited by both the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S. ZIS is also officially approved by the Departments of Education of the Cantons of Zurich and Aargau. A strong academic program, centered around the traditional core disciplines, prepares students for entrance into colleges, universities, or other institutions. In addition, the school provides courses and learning support services which address the needs of a student body diverse in educational background and ability. More than 90% of the graduating seniors enter universities and institutions of higher learning worldwide.
- Programs from pre-school to grade 12
- Curriculum follows Amercian College Preparatory Models with Advanced Placement Courses and English, history, foreign languages, mathematics, science, creative arts, and physical education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
- Primary Years Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
- English is the main language of instruction with German and French taught as second languages
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Program
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from the UK, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH) offers high quality international education in English. We are an authorized IB World School for the primary program and the middle years program and diploma program. Internationally recognised standards, small classes with highly qualified staff and a modern infrastructure is what makes ISSH unique. We are located in Schaffhausen, 51 km north of Zurich.
Our Junior College boarding programme is specifically designed for teenagers aged 16-18 from around the world. Students are invited to join our international community of learners, to share our passion for knowledge and to develop into lifelong learners.
We offer a unique residential programme and an international university entrance qualification, the IB Diploma, that will open doors to universities across Europe, America, Africa or Australasia. Due to our emphasis on fostering independence and the huge range of extra-curricular opportunities, our residential programme develops responsible young adults who are well prepared for university life abroad and have a clear vision of their talents, strengths and goals for life.
Set in a stunning location in Montreux, high in the Swiss Alps, Surval Montreux is a small international boarding school for girls between the ages of 13–18. We provide IGCSEs, A Levels, Foundation Year, American High School Diploma and a Liberal Arts Programme focused on combining social and practical skills, languages and a strong cultural and creative focus. We also offer comprehensive Summer and Winter Camp programmes.
We offer girls the opportunity to love learning, to develop and grow intellectually, personally, spiritually and to become leaders. Through the combination of an internationally recognised academic curriculum and a strong focus on developing creative and social skills, Surval Montreux will prepare girls for further studies at top international universities, and for the challenges they will face in high positions in the future.