Penny Lane School, Chicago:
Penny Lane has two quality schools located in the Chicago Ridge and Oaklawn neighborhoods, south-west of downtown Chicago in Cook County, IL. Penny Lane is a privately owned and DCFS licensed facility that offers various educational and child care options. We provide early childhood education serving families throughout Woodlawn, Englewoood, Evergereen Park, South Shore and South Chicago. Penny Lane plays a major role in guiding children's development and providing them with experiences that nurture their social, cognitive and physical abilities. We want your child to feel secure and independent, to move from one activity to another as easily and confidently as possible.
Early Childhood Education Day Care Programs:
- Infants program: Ages 6 weeks to 15 months
- Toddlers program: Ages 15 months to 2 years
- Two Year Olds program: Ages 2 - 3 years
- Preschool program: Ages 3 - 4 years
- Pre-kindergarten program: Ages 4 - 5 years
- Kindergarten program: Ages 5 - 6 years (Must be 5 yearrs by September 1st)
- Before / After School program: Ages 5 - 12 years
- Summer Day Camps: All ages
Our early childhood education curriculum includes Spanish, Computers, Music and Movement, Rhythm instruments and a P.E curriculum.
The most important goals of our preschool curriculum are for children to get along well with others and become enthusiastic learners. We want children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who can work well with others. We're teaching them how to learn, not just in preschool, but all through their lives. We do this by creating purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in all areas.
Our curriculum identifies goals in four areas of development:
* Social / Emotional: To help children develop independence, self-confidence, and self-control, follow rules and routines, make friends, and learn what it means to be part of a group.
* Physical: To increase children's large muscle skills-- balancing, running, jumping, throwing and catching--and use the small muscles in their hands to do tasks like buttoning, stringing beads, cutting, drawing, and writing.
* Cognitive: To acquire thinking skills such as the ability to solve problems, to ask questions, and to think logically-- sorting, classifying, comparing, counting, and making patterns--and to use materials and their imagination to show what they have learned.
* Language: To use words to communicate with others, listen to and participate in conversations with others, understand the purpose of print, recognize letters and words, and begin writing for a purpose.
Through the activities we plan and the way we organize the classroom, select toys andmaterials, plan the daily schedule, and talk with children, we seek to accomplish the goals of our curriculum and give your child a successful start in school.
Our preschool program can help prepare your child for success in school, and in life. New research on the brain and on learning shows how important the early years are in a child's learning and development. What happens in preschool matters a lot.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Ridgeland Ave, Cook County, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.