Private Schools Illinois: Preschool Chicago, Private elementary school in Cook County, After-school child care service, Kindergarten programs in downtown Chicago area, Early childhood education, Private middle school serving Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Lakeview, K-8 schools in Illinois
The Catherine Cook School, Chicago: Located in downtown Chicago in the historic Old Town area, the Catherine Cook School is one of a few nonsectarian, nondenominational, nonprofit traditional indepedent schools. The school also serves Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Lakeview, Wicker Park and other surrounding neighborhoods. We provide Co-ed Day Preschool - 8th grade education. The Catherine Cook School is a place where everyone knows your child's name - and yours! We are a school where students thrive in small classes and imbibe a truly joyful approach to learning and community.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
At the Catherine Cook School, our academics centers on age-appropriate experiential learning and independent thinking, augmented by rich opportunities in the arts, athletics and service learning.
- Early Childhood program
- Preschool program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Middle School program
- Extended Day program
* Our curriculum prepares students for superb high school options, teaching language arts and social studies in a combined humanities program with math, laboratory science and world languages, complemented by art, music, physical education and public speaking.
* Our rigorous curriculum introduces world languages before first grade, builds mastery of fundamental skills and critical thinking, stimulates creativity in the visual and performing arts and uses the best of instructional technology to expand the possibilities of learning.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
The Peoria Hebrew Day School (PHDS) in Peoria, Central Illinois, is a Jewish Day School offering Kindergarten to Grade 8 programs. We serve the Reform, Conservative, and Traditional communities of the greater Peoria area, and are open to everyone in the community regardless of religious affiliation for students.
Educating children in grades K-8 to reach their highest potential academically, spiritually, inter-personally and emotionally is our passion. Our program focuses on the whole child with an emphasis on academic excellence, values, and ethics. Our broad based curriculum is continuously evaluated by the Principal, Board and Staff to incorporate challenging new areas of study and the most modern teaching methods.
Our Curriculum includes:
- Social Studies, Reading, English, Math, Science, Art, Music and Computer Skills, Jewish Studies, Secular Studies, Holiday Activities, Lessons about the synagogue, Tzedakah, Israel, Holocaust and Kristallnacht lessons, Observances and celebration of Israeli Independence Day & more..
The British School of Chicago (BSC), located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American.
All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
St. Cornelius School in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois is dedicated to providing children an excellent education rooted in the Catholic Christian tradition through our preschool and elementary / middle school programs through Grade 8. By our focus on education driven by faith, students learn and act with integrity and kindness. Our goal is to educate children to become dedicated and productive people in our world. The St. Cornelius learning program is geared to meet the needs of today and the demands of tomorrow.
Cornelius School is an integral part of the St. Cornelius Parish and community at large. In conjunction with the evangelizing mission of the church and parish, St. Cornelius School is called to teach the message of Jesus in a Catholic context. Our unique role is to instill in the children the future responsibility of becoming loving adult disciples of Jesus.
Catholic Educational Programs from Preschool through Grade 8:
- Catholic Preschool program: Classes for 3 and 4 year old children
- Catholic Elementary & Middle School program (Grades K-8)
- We also offer an extended day option until 6:00 pm
- Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
St. Cornelius is dedicated to providing an education for the student inside and outside of the classroom.
Located in Blue Island, a south suburb of Chicago in Cook County, IL, St. Benedict Elementary School is a private, co-educational, Catholic school, serving 178 students in grades PK-8. St. Benedict School fosters a learning climate within our school conducive to academic excellence and spiritual maturity. This helps to develop the children into thinking, problem-solving adults. As a parochial school in the Archdiocese of Chicago, we encourage our students to develop their individual gifts and talents, and we provide the tools to do so though our gifted education curriculum.
This includes a creative hands-on art program and access to a resource room with accelerated reading and math. After school programs such as athletics, band, art club and performing arts are offered to enhance the curriculum. Through the ongoing collaboration of the administrator, educators, parents, clergy and parish, we fulfill our commitment to academic excellence.
Our overall student population consists of 40 Caucasian, 46 Hispanic, 89 African American and 3 others. We cater for families from Blue Island, Calumet Park, Morgan Park, Merrionette Park, Robbins, Dixmoor, Riverdale and surrounding communities.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class