Boys boarding school in New England: Accelerated high school programs in Connecticut, college prep boarding school. Residential education for teen boys from Stamford, Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, Norwalk, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH, NJ, PA, NC, TX, FL, CA, WA..
Oxford Academy: Located in Westbrook, Connecticut, Oxford Academy is a private boarding school offering individualized instruction to boys in grades 8-12 who have academic weaknesses or wish to accelerate their high school programs. Through one-on-one instruction, students are able to work at their own pace and achieve success. In some instances, students are able to complete the equivalent of two years of high school in one year at Oxford.
Individualized Instruction & Boarding School for Boys in Grades 8-12 and Postgrad: Current course Offerings at Oxford Academy: - (CP) College Preparatory Course - (9-PG) Grade Levels Offered including Postgraduate - (ESL) Available to English as a Second Language Students - (I-II) Sequential Courses (Prerequisite required) - Special electives are created at teachers discretion.
English: - AP Literature & Composition - English (9-PG) - Language Arts (9-12,ESL) - ESL (9-12) - Study Skills
History/ Social Studies: - World History - U.S. History (I-II) - Psychology - Geography - The Civil War - Modern World History - European History - America since WWII - Film History - History of Rock and Roll - Economics - Sociology
Mathematics: - Algebra (I-II) - Geometry (with and w/o proofs) - Trigonometry - Senior Math - Applied Math - Pre-Calculus - Statistics - Calculus
Foreign Language: - French (I-IV) - German (I-II) - Latin (I-IIl) - Spanish (I-IV)
Other Programs Include: - English As A Second Language (ESL) - Post Graduate Program - Summer Session
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Berkshire College is a co-educational boarding school for Grades 9-12 in Sheffield, New Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts (New England). At Berkshire, we offer a first-rate academic program, distinctive opportunities in the arts, and excellent athletics.
We provide an exceptional college preparatory curriculum with PSAT, SAT and ACT as well as AP offerings in all disciplines. It is what happens at the periphery of this exceptional core that sets a school apart.
As part of the Berkshire Model, learning for the 21st century, we offer our students an advanced math/science research program, the Center for Sustainability with environmental education, pro vita courses on topics of interest, and the Center for Writing and Critical Thinking. Berkshire School is a community that values accountability, responsibility, and respect.
With our solid foundation in academics, students also gain confidence and respect living in a nurturing and caring atmosphere within one of our ten dormitories.
All of our dormitories feature vertical housing, or students of all ages and grades; freshman through seniors. Our seniors are called upon to be leaders and role models in each dormitory.
Boarding Programs for Boys & Girls in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, fine arts, history, languages, mathematics and science
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT and ACT
- Pro Vita Courses for Topics of Interest
- Advanced Math/Science Research Program
- Center for Writing and Critical Thinking
- Center for Sustainability with Environmental Education
Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) represents the best in American secondary education.
Located in Wallingford, CT (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York), Choate is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school offering third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Our balanced curriculum offers students a firm grounding in the fundamentals of clear thinking and expression — with emphasis on individual development.
Students new to Choate sometimes ask what they need to do to "fit in." The answer is simple: Be yourself and get involved. Choate is a community that has long embraced students and faculty of many backgrounds, cultures, races, and beliefs.
What binds everyone together is not just the shared commitment to superior teaching and learning but the supportive atmosphere in the community. There is pride in the fact that there is no "typical" Choate student.
Situated in Thompson, Windham County CT (1 hour from Boston), Marianapolis Preparatory School (MPS) is an accredited, co-ed, college preparatory day & boarding school offering Grades 9-12 and a postgraduate year.
Academics are the heart of a Marianapolis education, and each student thrives within a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
Marianapolis nurtures students to become responsible and independent learners, as well as challenges students with an exciting and extensive program emphasizing breadth of intellectual exposure, depth of study, and significant out-of-class preparation.
The mission of Marianapolis Preparatory School is to educate students in the Catholic tradition of academic excellence, with a commitment to an active faith in God and a dedication to building character with content, compassion, and integrity.
Marianapolis Preparatory School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Connecticut State Department of Education.
Co-ed Day & Boarding School Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgrad:
Subjects & programs include:
- World History
- U.S. History
- Foreign Language
- Fine Arts
- Arts and Music
- Summer School
- Advanced Placement
- Honors Programs...
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Massachusetts, across the U.S., and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."