Boys boarding school in New England: Accelerated high school programs in Connecticut, college prep boarding school. Residential education for teen boys from Stamford, Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, Norwalk, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH, NJ, PA, NC, TX, FL, CA, WA..
Oxford Academy: Located in Westbrook, Connecticut, Oxford Academy is a private boarding school offering individualized instruction to boys in grades 8-12 who have academic weaknesses or wish to accelerate their high school programs. Through one-on-one instruction, students are able to work at their own pace and achieve success. In some instances, students are able to complete the equivalent of two years of high school in one year at Oxford.
Individualized Instruction & Boarding School for Boys in Grades 8-12 and Postgrad: Current course Offerings at Oxford Academy: - (CP) College Preparatory Course - (9-PG) Grade Levels Offered including Postgraduate - (ESL) Available to English as a Second Language Students - (I-II) Sequential Courses (Prerequisite required) - Special electives are created at teachers discretion.
English: - AP Literature & Composition - English (9-PG) - Language Arts (9-12,ESL) - ESL (9-12) - Study Skills
History/ Social Studies: - World History - U.S. History (I-II) - Psychology - Geography - The Civil War - Modern World History - European History - America since WWII - Film History - History of Rock and Roll - Economics - Sociology
Mathematics: - Algebra (I-II) - Geometry (with and w/o proofs) - Trigonometry - Senior Math - Applied Math - Pre-Calculus - Statistics - Calculus
Foreign Language: - French (I-IV) - German (I-II) - Latin (I-IIl) - Spanish (I-IV)
Other Programs Include: - English As A Second Language (ESL) - Post Graduate Program - Summer Session
The Marvelwood School, in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering Grades 9-12.
Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success. We seek young people willing to get involved in their own education and committed to the challenge of preparing for college.
Our school is an optimistic place that provides a structured, supportive and challenging environment, celebrates diversity, and awakens untapped potential. Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
With 170 students, the school is small enough for everybody to know everybody else. That also means that every person plays an important role in the life of the school. Students can find roles they are comfortable in as well as responsibilities that challenge them.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) represents the best in American secondary education.
Located in Wallingford, CT (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York), Choate is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school offering third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Our balanced curriculum offers students a firm grounding in the fundamentals of clear thinking and expression — with emphasis on individual development.
Students new to Choate sometimes ask what they need to do to "fit in." The answer is simple: Be yourself and get involved. Choate is a community that has long embraced students and faculty of many backgrounds, cultures, races, and beliefs.
What binds everyone together is not just the shared commitment to superior teaching and learning but the supportive atmosphere in the community. There is pride in the fact that there is no "typical" Choate student.
New Hampton School is an independent boarding and day school serving boys and girls in grades 9-12 and at postgraduate level. We are located in the center of the small village of New Hampton, Belknap County, New Hampshire, 100 miles north of Boston.
Offering the International Baccalaureate Program, New Hampton School prepares students for life-long learning through self-discovery, authentic relationships, civic responsibility, and global citizenship offering honors, advanced placement and college prep courses ACT and SAT.
We enhance the potential of students and promote academic success and development of caring community members.
Our students are talented artists, athletes, and leaders who often learn best through hands-on experiences. Approximately two-thirds of our student body resides on campus, housed in thirteen dormitories.
Apartments adjoining each dormitory house faculty and their families. Dormitories vary in occupancy size from seven to just over 30 students, and each has a unique layout. A rich life is afforded students through participation in academic and co-curricular activities, but their leisure time is of prime importance, too.
Co-educational Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgraduate:
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Challenging Foundations of Learning Curriculum with honors and Advanced Placement Courses as well as college prep courses SAT and ACT
- Key Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, visual and performing arts, world languages, athletics
- English as Second Language Program
- Experiential Learning
- Exchange Trips to China
- Academic Support
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Situated in Stamford CT, just 40 miles north of New York City, The Beacon School is an accredited, college-preparatory private school that offers specialized, residential academic programs for international students.
Our Beacon Pathway Program and English Summer Immersion Camps offer students an opportunity to experience a comprehensive U.S. college preparatory curriculum while improving their English language skills, and living in the United States.
At Beacon, students with high-average to superior ability have the opportunity to pursue their passions, discover new interests, and develop their talents in an enriched academic setting guided by the tenets of gifted education.
Beacon’s mission is to provide an inspirational learning environment where students are free to be themselves, follow their passions, stretch their imaginations, and foster integrity.
Our students play an integral role in the development of their programs; we have found that by enlisting them in the educational process, we can instill in them a sense of ownership and personal direction.
Beacon Pathway Course:
- College Preparatory Coursework
- Intensive English Language
- Grade Appropriate Math, Science & History
- Athletics & Arts Electives
- Highly Regarded Test Preparation
- Double occupancy rooms for boarders
- Students leave Pathway with one year’s worth of credits at a US high school and admission to the best-fit school for you.
English Summer Immersion Camp:
- Duration: 3-6 weeks
- Accommodation in a hotel within walking distance of campus
- 25 hours of ESL Instruction per week
- After class activities with American peers