Boarding school for boys in Connecticut: College prep boarding school in New England with postgraduate year. Residential education programs for teen boys from New Haven, Hartford, Stamford, Norwalk, Bridgeport, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH, NJ, PA, NC, TX, FL, CA, WA..
Oxford Academy: Oxford Academy in Westbrook, Connecticut, is a private boarding school offering individualized instruction to boys in grades 8-12 who have academic weaknesses or wish to accelerate their high school programs.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Since 1906 Oxford Academy has provided young men ages 13-20 with a successful educational experience through one-to-one instruction in a structured boys boarding school with a close caring community of teachers and peers. Through one-on-one instruction, students are able to work at their own pace and achieve success. Individualized Instruction & Boarding School: - For Boys in Grades 8-12 and Postgrad - English
- Foreign Language
- History/ Social Studies
- English As A SecondLanguage (ESL)
- Post Graduate Program
- Summer Session
- College Preparatory Course...
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Situated in Stamford CT, just 40 miles north of New York City, The Beacon School is an accredited, college-preparatory private school that offers specialized, residential academic programs for international students.
Our Beacon Pathway Program and English Summer Immersion Camps offer students an opportunity to experience a comprehensive U.S. college preparatory curriculum while improving their English language skills, and living in the United States.
At Beacon, students with high-average to superior ability have the opportunity to pursue their passions, discover new interests, and develop their talents in an enriched academic setting guided by the tenets of gifted education.
Beacon’s mission is to provide an inspirational learning environment where students are free to be themselves, follow their passions, stretch their imaginations, and foster integrity.
Our students play an integral role in the development of their programs; we have found that by enlisting them in the educational process, we can instill in them a sense of ownership and personal direction.
Beacon Pathway Course:
- College Preparatory Coursework
- Intensive English Language
- Grade Appropriate Math, Science & History
- Athletics & Arts Electives
- Highly Regarded Test Preparation
- Double occupancy rooms for boarders
- Students leave Pathway with one year’s worth of credits at a US high school and admission to the best-fit school for you.
English Summer Immersion Camp:
- Duration: 3-6 weeks
- Accommodation in a hotel within walking distance of campus
- 25 hours of ESL Instruction per week
- After class activities with American peers
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Massachusetts, across the U.S., and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) represents the best in American secondary education.
Located in Wallingford, CT (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York), Choate is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school offering third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Our balanced curriculum offers students a firm grounding in the fundamentals of clear thinking and expression — with emphasis on individual development.
Students new to Choate sometimes ask what they need to do to "fit in." The answer is simple: Be yourself and get involved. Choate is a community that has long embraced students and faculty of many backgrounds, cultures, races, and beliefs.
What binds everyone together is not just the shared commitment to superior teaching and learning but the supportive atmosphere in the community. There is pride in the fact that there is no "typical" Choate student.
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.
NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college prep boarding school in the Hudson River Valley of New York, about 50 miles north of NYC. NYMA has been education future leaders of business, industry and politics for over 100 years.
NYMA prepares students for the challenges of college. By the time they graduate, NYMA cadets will have had access to: a variety of meaningful leadership experiences; a robust curriculum geared toward 21st century priorities (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Communication.); and a solid core of lifetime fitness and outdoor learning skills. These are the intangibles that make NYMA a unique educational experience.