Woodbury Preschool Village:
Woodbury Preschool Village is located at 712 W. Mountain View, Altadena, CA 91001 and provides Infant care, Preschool and Kindergarten child care. We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm with a special early bird program that opens as early as 7:00 am. There are full time, part time, and half-day programs available. Through developmentally appropriate practice, our program provides for a variety of experiences, levels of difficulty, and pacing.
Early Chilcare Programs:
Full time, part time, and half-day programs include:
- Infant Care programs
- Preschool programs
- Kindergarten programs
Also: Special Early Bird program from 7:00 am.
Through developmentally appropriate practice, our program provides for a variety of experiences, levels of difficulty, and pacing. Our philosophy is based on the principal that learning should be the result of the actual experience that play is a significant mode of learning, and above all, that school should be a place of joy.
Teachers here are expected to know, understand, and agree with our philosophy and our mode of teaching which includes an emergent curriculum that supports the following:
- Develop teacher / student relationships
- Develop teache r/ parent relationships
- Explore colors and shapes through art, music, and play
- Develop writing skills that correlate with the child's age group
- Develop fine motor skills through play
- Learn songs and experience dance
- Promote language and vocabulary development
- Promote good manners and hygiene
- Help children develop good listening skills and attention spans
- Teach the alphabet through song, stories, books, and art.
- Letter recognition and writing skills should be taught to the appropriate age groups
- Teach numbers through songs, stories, books, and art
- Number recognition should be taught to the appropriate age groups
- Teach personal goals that parents might have
- Teach and encourage motor development; running, hopping, and climbing
- Plan lessons that are multi-sensory to provide for more effective learning
- Create a non-biased learning environment teaching children the differences in the world and how to live in harmony with them
- Help develop social skills
- Help develop creativity and curiosity for their world
- Effective communication with parents
- Keep an accurate record of nap and feeding times
It is important teachers have clearly defined goals to guide curriculum planning. They will be accurately assessing the skills and progress of each child in their program. Curriculum plans are adapted to meet the wide range of individual needs and interests in each group. Children who have difficulties in behavior or development can be identified and a plan can be formed to help them acquire the necessary skills for optimal development. Teachers are prepared to meet the individual special needs of each child, including children with disabilities.
Through a well planned curriculum and developmentally appropriate environment, it is our intention to find a balance between stimulus change which facilitates curiosity, stimulus predictability, and provides a sense of routine and safety.
Our process oriented curriculum looks at each activity as an opportunity to gain higher skill levels for greater competence. A child's self worth is at risk when we forget to allow them to enjoy the process of each activity for learning's sake rather than performance. A strong point that we feel is important to the development of a healthy self-image is that it is ok to fail. Children in our society are very competitive, which impedes generosity, and they get very distraught when they lose. Our curriculum provides a safe learning environment that supports a healthy self-image.
Email: Contact Us
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.