Find career training in Toronto area: Massage therapy course in Brampton ON, diploma programs in allied health care, dental assistant, medical office administrator. Get certified as a community support worker, pharmacy tech in Southern Ontario.
Medix College of Healthcare, Brampton: Medix College of Healthcare is a state-of-the-art allied health training institute that provides a wide range of Diploma programs to students interested in a career in Canada's growing healthcare industry. Courses include Massage Therapy, Medical Lab Assistant, Medical Office Administrator, Pharmacy Assistant, and more. The objective of our program training is to equip the students with the most current theory and practical training necessary to become successful healthcare professionals. ractical experience is provided to our students through laboratories and an opportunity to shadow experienced workers in the field.
For over 40 years Medix College has been providing industry leading healthcare career training for those looking to become medical professionals. Currently Medix College has six campuses across Ontario with each featuring state-of-the-art facilities.
Career Services: Employment counselling and job search training is provided for all students during their program by scheduled classroom lectures and ongoing individualized counselling. The School remains a permanent source of employment search assistance for all graduates.
Allied Health / Medical Career Training Diploma Programs:
- Community Service Worker
- Early Childcare Assistant
- Fitness and Health Promotion
- Intra Oral Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Lab Assistant / Technician
- Medical Office Administrator
- Personal Support Worker
- Pharmacy Assistant
Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently situated in the heart of Mississauga ON, in the Greater Toronto Area. Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing quality medical examination preparation courses to international students from around the world who hope to study or work in Canada or the United States.
• FECC offers comprehensive Medical Licensing Exam preparation for Canada: MCCQE1, NAC OSCE, MCCQE 2, and United States: USMLE Step1, USMLE Step 2 CK and CS for international medical students and/or international medical graduates (IMGs).
• FECC is the only organization in Canada to provide medical exam prep tutorials in a classroom setting. Class sizes limit to 10 students per session to enhance individual learning experience.
• FECC instructors are qualified & experienced tutors. The preparatory courses provide guidance in High-Yield topics and Clinical Decision Making questionnaires. In addition, students are encouraged to enhance exam performance by making changes to study habits & diet.
• FECC enrolled students can benefit by repeating the same course once at no additional cost. Returning students are offered a discounted price for other medical prep courses & are provided with individualized mentorship.
Review "Excellent helpful administration. A Brilliant medical director. Nice environment full of positive energy. I scored above 95th percentiles in the Canadian exams EE & QE1. I've seen many IMG schools in Ontario. FECC is my best so far. I think they teach it the right way."
Do you want to start a new career in the field of allied healthcare? With conveniently-located campuses in downtown Edmonton, West Edmonton Mall and South Edmonton, the Alberta Academy of Learning provides a quality Health Care Aide (HCA) certificate program. This program may be studied full-time (22 weeks) or part-time (52 weeks).
A Health Care Aide is a core member of the health care team in the continuing care sector. To meet the need for an adequate supply of appropriately-trained health care aides, the Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Program was developed for delivery by training providers. The Academy of Learning has supplemented this government program with First Aid training, the prestigious Lou Tice "Thought Patterns for a Successful Career", and "Job Search and Resume Writing" Skills along with job placement assistance. The program also includes 3 practicums (work experience placements).
This program may also be studied at Alberta Academy of Learning campuses in Calgary, Medicine Hat and Red Deer, AB.
Medix School is a registered private career college providing professional health care training in Ontario for over 30 years. Medix School has expanded and we now have campuses in Toronto, Scarborough, London, Brantford and Kitchener-Waterloo. Employment counselling and job search training is provided for all students during their program by scheduled classroom lectures and ongoing individualized counselling. The School remains a permanent source of employment search assistance for all graduates. Graduates are hired in hospitals, research facilities, physicians' offices and walk-in clinics, private laboratories, and veterinarian's offices.
Full-time health care diploma programs range in length from 21-88 weeks. All full time programs include mandatory clinical/practical field placements. Programs include: Personal Support Worker, Social Service Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Intra-Oral Dental Assistant Level 1 & 2, Dental Hygiene, Medical Office Assistant, Medical and General Laboratory Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Massage Therapy, ECG/Phlebotomy Technician
Ontario School of Osteopathy & Alternative Medicine
Courses / Programs
Ontario School of Osteopathy & Alternative Medicine is an established independent institution for further and higher education, offering a range of postgraduate and professional health-related courses. Programs include Osteopathy Diploma Program (DOMP), Acupuncture Diploma Program (R.Ac & R.TCMP), Homeopathy Diploma Program (DHMS), and a range of Continuing Educational (CEU) courses.
We have campuses in Markham, Toronto, and Mississauga in which the students complete their education.
- Osteopathy Diploma Program
- Acupuncture Diploma Program
- Homeopathy Diploma Program
- Continuing Education (CEUs)
- Spiritual Psychotherapy
- CPR and First Aid
- Certificate Courses (Prerequisites)
Canadian National Institute of Health (CNIH), Ottawa
Courses / Programs
Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canadian National Institute of Health (CNIH) is an innovative health care college that provides medical and dental diploma programs that are approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We aim to prepare you for professional careers in the fields of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (probationary), Dental Hygiene (CDAC accredited), Dental Assisting and Dental / Medical Administration.
CNIH provides comprehensive, career-focused educational programs and services to ensure that our graduates are educated to perform all recognized dental and medical procedures in the most proficient manner using critical thinking skills and effective interpersonal communications. Experienced instructors, state of the art facilities and ample opportunity for professional hands-on training make the difference.
In addition to providing sound theoretical knowledge and an opportunity to develop excellence in clinical procedures, our programs are structured to foster attitudes of caring, accountability, and credible work ethics so that graduates are eligible for regulation to practice and continue life-long professional competence improvement.
Vancouver Career College offers quality fully accredited, first-class training facilities in six locations across BC - Kelowna, Vancouver, Burnaby, Abbotsford, Surrey and Coquitlam.
Our career-training programs will help you to develop the skills you need to start successful careers in the fields of business, education, health care/nursing, hospitality, technology and trades.
We are fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) of British Columbia.
Certain programs are recognized by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC), the Ministry of Children and Family Development of BC, TESL Canada and the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT).
Note: Vancouver Career College, Kelowna only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
Career Diploma / Certification Programs: - Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant – Advanced Practice
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Veterinary Health Care Assistant
- Practical Nursing Program
- Practical Nursing Access
- Addictions and Community Services Worker
- Social Services Worker Foundations
- Social Services Worker Youth Specialist
- Social Services Worker Recovery Specialist
- Registered Massage Therapy