Find osteopathic schools in Canada: Diploma in osteopathy in Toronto, holistic medicine courses - acupuncture & homeopathy career training in Mississauga & Markham ON. Alternative medicine school in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Ontario School of Osteopathy & Alternative Medicine: With campuses in Markham, Mississauga, and Toronto, Ontario School of Osteopathy & Alternative Medicine provides a range of allied health Diploma courses to students from Canada and around the world. Programs include Osteopathy Diploma Program, Acupuncture Diploma Program, Homeopathy Diploma Program, and more. Ontario School of Osteopathy & Alternative Medicine is dedicated to providing an enriching, accessible affordable and career-relevant higher educational experience for each and every student. We serve students from Brampton, Oakville, Scarborough, North York, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, GTA, and beyond.
Healthcare Diploma Programs: Osteopathy Diploma Program Duration: 3 years. Modules include:
- Osteopathic Examination Skills: Palpation and Assessment I - Osteopathic Examination Skills: Palpation and Assessment II - Principles of Osteopathic Techniques I - Principles of Osteopathic Techniques II - Head Diagnosis and Treatment - Cranial Osteopathy - Cervical Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Thoracic and Costal Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Lumbar Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Sacral Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Pelvic Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Abdominal and Visceral Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Upper Extremities Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Lower Extremities Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment - Pediatric Osteopathic Diagnosis and Treatment
Acupuncture Diploma Program Duration: 3 Years. Modules include:
- Fundamentals of Traditional Chinese Medicine - Acupuncture Techniques I - Ethics - Human Anatomy - Physiology - Pathology - Clinical Practice I - Oriental Medicine Diagnosis and Treatment I - Fundamentals of Biomedicine (Western Diagnosis and Pharmacology) - Acupuncture Techniques II - Jurisprudence & Safety - Clinical Practice II - Oriental Medicine Diagnosis and Treatment II - Acupuncture Techniques III - Practice Management
Homeopathy Diploma Program: Duration: 3 years. Modules include:
- Foundations of Homeopathy - Advanced Foundations of Homeopathy - Advances in Homeopathy - Explorations in Homeopathy 1 - Explorations in Homeopathy 2 - Explorations in Homeopathy 3 - Homeopathic Proving - Clinical Internship: Module 1 - Clinical Internship: Module 2 & 3
Also: - Continuing Education (CEUs) - CPR and First Aid - Certificate Courses (Prerequisites)
Canadian National Institute of Health (CNIH), Ottawa
Courses / Programs
Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canadian National Institute of Health (CNIH) is an innovative health care college that provides medical and dental diploma programs that are approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We aim to prepare you for professional careers in the fields of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (probationary), Dental Hygiene (CDAC accredited), Dental Assisting and Dental / Medical Administration.
CNIH provides comprehensive, career-focused educational programs and services to ensure that our graduates are educated to perform all recognized dental and medical procedures in the most proficient manner using critical thinking skills and effective interpersonal communications. Experienced instructors, state of the art facilities and ample opportunity for professional hands-on training make the difference.
In addition to providing sound theoretical knowledge and an opportunity to develop excellence in clinical procedures, our programs are structured to foster attitudes of caring, accountability, and credible work ethics so that graduates are eligible for regulation to practice and continue life-long professional competence improvement.
CDI College is a private institution that offers a range of Allied Health / Medical career training courses at campuses throughout Canada in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
CDI College locations in BC include Surrey, Burnaby, Abbotsford and Vancouver.
At the Surrey campus, our team is committed to your success in your career training. We will be there to assist you from your first visit, right up to helping you find opportunities in your chosen career field.
CDI College offers full-time heathcare Diploma and Certificate programs in the evening to meet the demands of your busy days, and your busy life. You can still work during the day and train in the evening to improve your skills, your career and your life.
Note: CDI College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
Do you want to start a new career in the field of allied healthcare? With conveniently-located campuses in downtown Edmonton, West Edmonton Mall and South Edmonton, the Alberta Academy of Learning provides a quality Health Care Aide (HCA) certificate program. This program may be studied full-time (22 weeks) or part-time (52 weeks).
A Health Care Aide is a core member of the health care team in the continuing care sector. To meet the need for an adequate supply of appropriately-trained health care aides, the Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Program was developed for delivery by training providers. The Academy of Learning has supplemented this government program with First Aid training, the prestigious Lou Tice "Thought Patterns for a Successful Career", and "Job Search and Resume Writing" Skills along with job placement assistance. The program also includes 3 practicums (work experience placements).
This program may also be studied at Alberta Academy of Learning campuses in Calgary, Medicine Hat and Red Deer, AB.
Discovery Community College is an accredited private training institute with multiple locations throughout Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland in British Columbia. We provide a range of on-site and online Healthcare programs in fields such as Health Care Assisting, Practical Nursing, Community Support, and more. Our Diploma & Certificate programs are supported by a professional faculty that works with you to help discover your potential, and develop skills to succeed in today’s job market.
We are also registered with and fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of British Columbia, formally PPSEC, since 1996.
As part of our goal to offer the best hands-on training to our students, we have formed alliances with numerous distinguished community partners. Our programs are efficiently designed to equip our graduates with all the knowledge and experience they need to achieve their career goals in short periods of time – meaning you’ll be earning more money in a position you love even sooner.
Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently situated in the heart of Mississauga ON, in the Greater Toronto Area. Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing quality medical examination preparation courses to international students from around the world who hope to study or work in Canada or the United States.
• FECC offers comprehensive Medical Licensing Exam preparation for Canada: MCCQE1, NAC OSCE, MCCQE 2, and United States: USMLE Step1, USMLE Step 2 CK and CS for international medical students and/or international medical graduates (IMGs).
• FECC is the only organization in Canada to provide medical exam prep tutorials in a classroom setting. Class sizes limit to 10 students per session to enhance individual learning experience.
• FECC instructors are qualified & experienced tutors. The preparatory courses provide guidance in High-Yield topics and Clinical Decision Making questionnaires. In addition, students are encouraged to enhance exam performance by making changes to study habits & diet.
• FECC enrolled students can benefit by repeating the same course once at no additional cost. Returning students are offered a discounted price for other medical prep courses & are provided with individualized mentorship.
Review "Excellent helpful administration. A Brilliant medical director. Nice environment full of positive energy. I scored above 95th percentiles in the Canadian exams EE & QE1. I've seen many IMG schools in Ontario. FECC is my best so far. I think they teach it the right way."
Start an exciting new career in the rapidly-growing field of allied healthcare with NorQuest College in downtown Edmonton, Alberta. NorQuest College provides a Health Care Aide (HCA) certificate program. Licensed to deliver the Alberta Health and Wellness HCA provincial curriculum, our HCA program is available in a range of study modes: Full-time study (21 weeks), Part-time study (32 weeks), Distance learning (32 weeks), Online learning (32 weeks). The full-time program is available only in downtown Edmonton. Part-time study is available in Edmonton and also Wetaskiwin, Stony Plain, Hinton, Drayton Valley, and select communities throughout Alberta, based on interest.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be prepared to work in continuing care institutions, group homes, home care agencies, assisted or supportive living, specialized care centres and programs, acute care hospitals, day programs, and private care.