Top international music schools in Europe: Music conservatory in Vienna, Austria for young gifted classical musicians, highly talented individuals, American high school students, secondary school international students. Find admissions information, and apply to our international boarding music school..
AMADEUS Music Academy, Vienna: AMADEUS Music Academy is part of the AMADEUS International Day & Boarding School in Vienna, Austria, and specializes in classical music education and professional training at the highest international level for K-12 students who are highly talented and gifted young musicians, as well as academic students with an interest in classical music training as part of their education. The AMADEUS Music Academy is mandatory for all students. Situated in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility in the north-west of Vienna, we warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, race, religion, or physical ability. Day boarding and Full boarding are available from Grade 6; weekly boarding is possible upon request.
International Music Academy: Intensive classical music lessons in AMADEUS' Music Academy for musically gifted / highly-talented young students, as well as those highly interested in music, are taken alongside the academic curriculum.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School (Volksschule) and Middle & Secondary School Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option for students from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
- Primary School students receive one class per week (45min) of individual music or ballet training, which is included in their daily school schedule.
- Middle & Secondary School students receive intensive music training after class daily taught by world -class musicians. Each student has his or her individualized training programme determined by the Director of AMADEUS Music Academy based on his or her ability.
Our Music Academy programme is based on vocal and instrumental training with some of the most prestigous teachers in Vienna, including members of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and The Vienna Boys Choir.
Instrumental Training: Instruments are not provided for lessons, so the students will need to provide their own. Plenty of high quality Steinway pianos including one concert grand and four baby grand pianos are available for the students.
Classical music training in: - Piano - Violin - Viola - Trumpet - Trombone - Cello - Bass - Flute - Clarinet - Percussion - Singing / Voice Training
Daily Practice Sessions: AMADEUS Music Academy recommends a daily practice time of at least two hours, depending on age/level. A regular routine is much better than long, infrequent sessions. If good habits develop from the beginning, students will achieve their true reward – the best progress possible.
- Practical Focus Not only do our students learn music theory and various performance practices, they also engage in practical lessons with their respective instruments on daily basis. This central and vital element is supplemented with a rigorous focus on nurturing the skills of ensemble playing both in chamber music and orchestra.
Academic Programmes at AMADEUS International School: Our curriculum provides two study pathways and career preparation options:
Track 1 - Academic Professional: IB Middle Years Programme and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, with AMADEUS Music Academy classes, for students pursuing a career outside of music but who see music training as an integral part of their education and character building.
Track 2 - Music Professional: Middle Years & intensive music training at the AMADEUS Music Academy + Standard-level High School Diploma Programme & Professional Music Career preparation.
Core subjects include: - Science - Mathematics - Information Technology - Language Arts - Global Languages - Fine Arts - Communications - Humanities (History, Geography, Business and Economics) - Creativity - Action and Service - Theory of Knowledge
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from France, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Amstelveen, in the Amsterdam metro area, The Albert Einstein International School (AEIS) provides an international education for children from kindergarten through twelfth grade from families of all nationalities including a limited number of Dutch students. We also offer early childhood programs for ages 1.5-5). Our programs emphasize academic excellence within a caring community. Our global aim is to offer high quality education in small classes.
AEIS prepares our students for competitive universities as Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge and other universities. We specialize in Mathematics, Sciences, Languages and Music. The language of instruction is English and we provide an international curriculum.
AEIS promotes the appreciation of the diversity of persons and cultures, provides an optimal environment for learning and teaching, and offers a global curriculum that inspires in its students the spirit and ideals of the United Nations. Gifted pupils and children with learning disabilities are welcome. Special education services are available. Students may be enrolled at any stage during the academic year, provided that space is available in the relevant grades.
- Early Childhood Programs (Ages 1.5-5)
- International Primary School (Years 1-6)
- International Secondary School (Years 7-11)
- A-Level / CLEP / AP (Years 12-13)
Our curriculum is focused on Science, Languages and Art and individual attention.
Students admitted to AEIS with English language deficiency are required to enroll in English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. These classes are provided completely free of charge during the school year.
AMADEUS International School Vienna, the first international boarding school in Vienna, Austria provides private, K-12 day and boarding programmes (from Grade 6) for students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. Our school and on-campus boarding facilities are situated in the beautiful 18th district of Vienna, in a secure, enclosed environment that warmly welcomes students regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion or physical ability.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6.
We strive to deliver the finest academic school programme, which is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum for primary and secondary school education. At the same time, we offer intensive classical music training in the AMADEUS Music Academy, as well as AMADEUS Club activities such as art, sports, ballet, world languages, performing arts, music, robotics.
For students whose mother tongue is not English, we provide supplemental language lessons to help them attain the requisite levels in speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension.
- For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary / Primary School (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5 to 10. Boarding options are available from Grade 6.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- Standard-level High School Diploma Programme for grades 7 to 12
- Intensive classical music training - mandatory for all students
- Highly qualified international school teachers
You will really fall in love with this charming little medieval town called Loches, situated in a safe and secure area, the Loire Valley in north central France. The ELIT-St Denis International School is situated in the very centre of Loches, and is a Junior & High School for French students & overseas students specialised in French & in English.
Open to the world and animated by a team full of energy and concern for the growth of its children, Saint-Denis resembles a beehive, bubbling over with ideas and activities. In addition to offering quality education, we also have the ambitious goal of helping our students to find a sense to life.
Located in the heart of Rome, Lazio, in central-western Italy, Rome International School is a private international school providing an international education for children in nursery to grade 13. RIS has chosen to link with what we believe is the most prestigious of all educational systems, the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). With this is mind we offer the early, primary, middle years and International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Students may still follow the two year British National Curriculum GCSE course before taking the IB Diploma program.
Although we firmly consider ourselves an international school, we never forget the language and culture of our host country and appreciate that many of our families still require the guarantee of an excellent preparation for the Italian state exam at the end of Grade 9 (Terza media). For this reason, students receive ample time for Italian lessons in language. Non-Italian students will study and learn to appreciate the Italian language and culture through a parallel course of instruction with our IAL teacher. Students taking a third foreign language may have the opportunity to sit external exams in the secondary school.
- Programs for children in nursery (16 months) to grade 13
- Early Years Program
- Primary Years Program
- Middle Years Program
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- British National Curriculum GCSE
- Challenging Curriculum with the arts, humanities, English and second language, math, P.E, sciences and technology
- The main language of instruction is English
- Italian Program offered for Italian Terza media exams
- Italian offered as an additional language for non-native speakers
The International School of Amsterdam (ISA) in The Netherlands is a recognized leader in education for international understanding. Founded in 1964, ISA was the first authorized IB World School, offering International Baccalaureate programmes from pre-school through grade 12. Admission is open to all students who can benefit from a challenging, international, university preparatory, English language education.
Our programme is designed for today’s global student and is firmly grounded on the International Baccalaureate’s three programmes—the Primary Years, the Middle Years and the Diploma Years programmes. ISA is the very first school in the world to have been approved to offer all three of the IB’s programmes.
The diversity of our students and faculty create dynamic social and academic interactions that mirror the demands and challenges of current globalization. We believe that a school can make a world of difference in the life of a student and students who experience an ISA education can make a difference in the world.
ISA is accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.