Top international music schools in Europe: Music conservatory in Vienna, Austria for young gifted classical musicians, highly talented individuals, American high school students, secondary school international students. Find admissions information, and apply to our international boarding music school..
AMADEUS Music Academy, Vienna: AMADEUS Music Academy is part of the AMADEUS International Day & Boarding School in Vienna, Austria, and specializes in classical music education and professional training at the highest international level for K-12 students who are highly talented and gifted young musicians, as well as academic students with an interest in classical music training as part of their education. The AMADEUS Music Academy is mandatory for all students. Situated in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility in the north-west of Vienna, we warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, race, religion, or physical ability. Day boarding and Full boarding are available from Grade 6; weekly boarding is possible upon request.
International Music Academy: Intensive classical music lessons in AMADEUS' Music Academy for musically gifted / highly-talented young students, as well as those highly interested in music, are taken alongside the academic curriculum.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School (Volksschule) and Middle & Secondary School Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option for students from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
- Primary School students receive one class per week (45min) of individual music or ballet training, which is included in their daily school schedule.
- Middle & Secondary School students receive intensive music training after class daily taught by world -class musicians. Each student has his or her individualized training programme determined by the Director of AMADEUS Music Academy based on his or her ability.
Our Music Academy programme is based on vocal and instrumental training with some of the most prestigous teachers in Vienna, including members of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and The Vienna Boys Choir.
Instrumental Training: Instruments are not provided for lessons, so the students will need to provide their own. Plenty of high quality Steinway pianos including one concert grand and four baby grand pianos are available for the students.
Classical music training in: - Piano - Violin - Viola - Trumpet - Trombone - Cello - Bass - Flute - Clarinet - Percussion - Singing / Voice Training
Daily Practice Sessions: AMADEUS Music Academy recommends a daily practice time of at least two hours, depending on age/level. A regular routine is much better than long, infrequent sessions. If good habits develop from the beginning, students will achieve their true reward – the best progress possible.
- Practical Focus Not only do our students learn music theory and various performance practices, they also engage in practical lessons with their respective instruments on daily basis. This central and vital element is supplemented with a rigorous focus on nurturing the skills of ensemble playing both in chamber music and orchestra.
Academic Programmes at AMADEUS International School: Our curriculum provides two study pathways and career preparation options:
Track 1 - Academic Professional: IB Middle Years Programme and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, with AMADEUS Music Academy classes, for students pursuing a career outside of music but who see music training as an integral part of their education and character building.
Track 2 - Music Professional: Middle Years & intensive music training at the AMADEUS Music Academy + Standard-level High School Diploma Programme & Professional Music Career preparation.
Core subjects include: - Science - Mathematics - Information Technology - Language Arts - Global Languages - Fine Arts - Communications - Humanities (History, Geography, Business and Economics) - Creativity - Action and Service - Theory of Knowledge
• Conveniently situated 30 minutes north-west of Paris, Notre Dame International High School provides boys & girls from around the globe with an opportunity to be immersed in the French language and culture while attending an American high school curriculum taught through English.
• Our coeducational American international school provides bilingual, college preparatory academics to students in Grades 9 through 12 and is made up of international students from all over the world.
• Students may enroll in a full course of study or participate in a dual diploma program, in which they take their standard country courses and supplement that course of study with key subjects from the American core curriculum.
• In addition to our day and boarding programs, we also offer French homestays for further French cultural immersion.
Student Testimonial: "This was the best time that I ever had! Everything was right, even if it was wrong. Here I grew up, became a woman. Now I am returning to Brazil, and with me, along with heavy luggage, I´ve had an experience for life. Thank you all!" - Beatriz, Brazil
Phorms Education is a private, internationally-minded school located in the tranquil small town of Steinbach, set in the foothills of the Taunus Mountains. Steinbach is only 20 minutes from Frankfurt city centre, in the Hesse region of West-Central Germany. We offer whole-day bilingual education in German and English for nursery, primary & secondary school children. Phorms Education also has another campus in Frankfurt City which offers bilingual primary school education.
The curriculum of our private school taught is based on the outline curriculum of the federal state of Hesse. We also use the Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP) in the subjects English, mathematics and science. Our students are taught bilingually according to the immersion concept (German-English).
AMADEUS International School Vienna, the first international boarding school in Vienna, Austria provides private, K-12 day and boarding programmes (from Grade 6) for students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. Our school and on-campus boarding facilities are situated in the beautiful 18th district of Vienna, in a secure, enclosed environment that warmly welcomes students regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion or physical ability.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6.
We strive to deliver the finest academic school programme, which is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum for primary and secondary school education. At the same time, we offer intensive classical music training in the AMADEUS Music Academy, as well as AMADEUS Club activities such as art, sports, ballet, world languages, performing arts, music, robotics.
For students whose mother tongue is not English, we provide supplemental language lessons to help them attain the requisite levels in speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension.
- For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary / Primary School (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5 to 10. Boarding options are available from Grade 6.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- Standard-level High School Diploma Programme for grades 7 to 12
- Intensive classical music training - mandatory for all students
- Highly qualified international school teachers
American International School of Rotterdam, located in the attractive suburban area of Hillegersberg, in the north-eastern part of Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is an independent, non-sectarian, non-profit, coeducational day school that offers a quality educational program from pre-kindergarten through grade 12 for students of all nationalities with a desire to learn in English.
The School was founded in 1959. The school year is comprised of two semesters extending approximately from Mid-August to December and from January to Mid-June. Accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization, the Council of International Schools, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Pre-School through Grade 12
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program
- IPC (elementary school)
- IMYC (middle school)
- U.S. College preparatory curriculum
- Instruction is in English
- A range of Modern Languages offered
- Physical Education
- Library classes
With two locations, in Bagno a Ripoli, just south of Florence, and on the south side of the Arno in central Florence in the Tuscany region of northern Italy, the International School of Florence is one of the oldest international schools in Europe. Originally catering to an international, Anglophone community, in the more than 57 intervening years, it has grown and changed, developing into a model international school. Among the programs offered are the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Primary Years Program, an integrated Italian equivalency program (grades 1 through 8) for our host country students who wish to prepare for and take the Italian Terza Media exam, and the challenging International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Instruction is in English. Students may also study Italian and French. The school takes advantage of its setting in Florence to study history, art and architecture, and there are frequent field trips to places of interest in the surrounding area. There are elective courses in music, theatre, art, drama, journalism, computers, physical education and yearbook. We are accredited by ECIS and the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Programs for pre-kindergarten through grade 13
- Curriculum based on US Models and International Baccalaureate Program with English, Italian, math, science, social studies, technology, theater arts
- Junior School
- Middle School
- Senior School
- Italian Program for Italian Terza Media State exam
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- College Preparation Course SAT
Aiglon College is an accredited, English-speaking international boarding school for boys and girls ages 9 to 18 years. Aiglon offers the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams in middle school. We also offer the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma program to sixth form students.
Conveniently located in Switzerland, Central Europe (just 90 minutes from Geneva International Airport), Aiglon offers a well-rounded education to students in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented.
In both Junior and Senior Schools, courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers. Exam results are important, but so is the need for independent learning skills so that Aiglon pupils will flourish at university.
Aiglon College meets the demanding standards required for UK, Swiss and International schools. We participate in accreditation and inspection programmes through the UK independent schools inspection system, the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.