The Storm King School: Located near the crest of Storm King Mountain in Eastern Orange County NY, The Storm King School is a co-educational college preparatory school serving day and boarding students in grades 9-12. We offer a traditional curriculum enhanced by co-curricular programs and a strong emphasis on moral development that prepares students for higher education. With a 7-1 student-faculty ratio, the accent is on providing an educational environment, which is both supportive and challenging.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Accreditation: The Storm King School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. SKS is a member of the New York State Association of Independent Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, and the College Board, among other professional organizations.
Accredited Co-educational College Preparatory Curriculum: - Boarding program for students in Grades 9-12
- Day program for students in Grades 9-12
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in Saxtons River in Windham County VT, Vermont Academy is a private, co-educational, college preparatory school, primarily boarding in nature, for Grades 9-12 and post graduate. We are one hr and thirty minutes from Hartford, CT and two and a half hrs from New York.
Our students are constantly challenged in the classrooms, on the athletic fields, and in the community as a whole. We believe in setting the bar high while also securing a safety net to catch those who fall short of their goals.
It is in the effort of trying that growth is made, and our faculty and staff are devoted to fostering a “try and try again” approach to success. Students come from a variety of countries from around the world, including Canada, the Bahamas, Brazil, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, Korea, China and Japan.
Our dormitories have a mixture or international and American students, so that everyone can learn about different cultures and lifestyles.
Our dorm parents have their apartment right in the dormitory with the students and participate with them in dorm activities. All of our students participate in sports and activities after classes.
Located in Rhinebeck in Upstate New York, The Astor Learning Center (ALC) is a therapeutic boarding school for boys and girls ages 5-13 with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties. Our residential programs are designed to provide a nurturing environment for children who must live away from their families while they receive treatment.
Established in 1980, ALC has been named three times as a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education. Our students benefit from small class sizes (6-8 students) in a nurturing environment conducive to learning. We aim to help children who have often experienced failure in school to finally succeed.
In our Residential Treatment programs, we treat a wide range of behavioral and mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and fire setting behaviors.
At ALC, we welcome children from throughout New York State. Some of our students come from as far as Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Co.), Albany, and many other areas of NY.
Founded in 1796, Oakwood Friends School is New York State's oldest co-educational boarding and day school. We are an independent college preparatory school serving Grades 6-12 located in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County in New York's historic Hudson River Valley.
Our Day Program runs for all students from grades 6-12, while our Boarding Program serves students in Grades 9-12.
Our residential community on campus numbers over 100 students and faculty. Boarding students are housed in three dormitories across the campus.
Oakwood Friends School focuses on the individual learner and on cultivating a diversified community of students and staff in an atmosphere of mutual respect and enrichment.
As a Quaker school, Oakwood gives every student an important voice in the life of our school community. We want students to get to know themselves, build a strong personal identity, develop healthy friendships, and gain leadership skills.
The Masters School is a co-ed day and boarding school that provides a first class preparatory curriculum for 5th-12th Grade students, with boarding beginning from the 9th Grade.
Situated on 96 magnificent acres overlooking the Hudson River in Dobbs Ferry NY, The Masters School offers a safe learning environment and one of the few boarding school experiences in close proximity to New York City.
A thoughtfully designed residential life program ensures that all the experiences students would have at home are part of campus life.
Students and teachers make full use of great campus facilities as well as once of the most exciting classrooms in the world - NYC.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
The Stony Brook School, located in Stony Brook (50 miles East of NYC), on the beautiful north shore of Long Island, New York, is a college preparatory, co-educational boarding and day school for grades 7-12.
SBS is home to approximately 180 boarders every year. Our desire is for our students to learn and grow as they live together in a safe and comfortable community. There are currently 7 single-gender residential halls that house our boarding students and approximately 14 to 15 faculty families.
Students are trained to be leaders with integrity and virtue. The Stony Brook School offers an academic program that is challenging, comprehensive, and that recognizes the interconnected-ness of academic disciplines. Students are encouraged to ask questions, to think independently, and to write well.