The Storm King School: The Storm King School is a coeducational college preparatory school. Storm King enrolls 77 Boarders and 32-day students in Grades 9-12. The school is located near the crest of Storm King Mountain on the west bank of the Hudson River, about 50 miles north of New York City, in scenic Eastern Orange County.
The 65-acre campus offers a serene setting and a magnificent view, including a sweeping bend of the river, the Shawangunk Mountains, and the distant Catskills. The 3,600-acre Black Rock Forest, a wilderness preserved by environmentalists, adjoins the campus to the south; West Point Military Academy reservation and Bear Mountain Preserve. Within easy reach via the Palisades Parkway.
Located in Lake Placid, Essex County, New York, North Country School is a junior co-educational boarding and day school offering a traditional curriculum for children in grades 4-9.
Our students come from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and they are instructed by dedicated, multi-talented adults who teach, live with, and care for them. North Country is primarily boarding, but does enroll day students and five-day boarders.
Qualified children are admitted without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, or national origin. North Country School seeks to enroll students who are capable of being engaged in the classroom, the outdoors, the arts, and the social community.
The school provides a challenging academic curriculum for children of average or above average intelligence. With its emphasis on progressive education, the school is also successful with gifted students and children with different learning styles.
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls in Grades 4-9:
- Full boarding (including weekends) and 5-day boarding
- Day Programs for boys and girls grades 4-9
- Junior School
- Secondary School Placement Program
- Arts Program
- Learning Lab for academic support
- English as a Second Language for international students
High School Grades 9 to 12:
IB Diploma/Certificate (16-19 years old)
US High School Diploma (13-19 years old)
Prep Courses (13-19 years olds, to strengthen the student's English level and confidence for full-time academic study in English).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from New Jersey, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Freedom Village USA is a residential home for troubled teens and young adults (ages 14-21) situated in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of western Central New York.
Our boys and girls commit to a year in the program, where they find love and encouragement from experienced staff, a self-paced academic curriculum to prepare them for the future, and myriad opportunities to learn, grow and give back.
Many of our students have been involved in drug and alcohol abuse, have attempted suicide, or lived in abusive home situations including physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Some have turned to lives of crime after their families and society abandoned them.