The Storm King School: The Storm King School is a coeducational college preparatory school. Storm King enrolls 77 Boarders and 32-day students in Grades 9-12. The school is located near the crest of Storm King Mountain on the west bank of the Hudson River, about 50 miles north of New York City, in scenic Eastern Orange County.
The 65-acre campus offers a serene setting and a magnificent view, including a sweeping bend of the river, the Shawangunk Mountains, and the distant Catskills. The 3,600-acre Black Rock Forest, a wilderness preserved by environmentalists, adjoins the campus to the south; West Point Military Academy reservation and Bear Mountain Preserve. Within easy reach via the Palisades Parkway.
Located in Lake Placid, Essex County, New York, North Country School is a junior co-educational boarding and day school offering a traditional curriculum for children in grades 4-9.
Our students come from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and they are instructed by dedicated, multi-talented adults who teach, live with, and care for them. North Country is primarily boarding, but does enroll day students and five-day boarders.
Qualified children are admitted without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, or national origin. North Country School seeks to enroll students who are capable of being engaged in the classroom, the outdoors, the arts, and the social community.
The school provides a challenging academic curriculum for children of average or above average intelligence. With its emphasis on progressive education, the school is also successful with gifted students and children with different learning styles.
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls in Grades 4-9:
- Full boarding (including weekends) and 5-day boarding
- Day Programs for boys and girls grades 4-9
- Junior School
- Secondary School Placement Program
- Arts Program
- Learning Lab for academic support
- English as a Second Language for international students
NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college prep boarding school in the Hudson River Valley of New York, about 50 miles north of NYC. NYMA has been education future leaders of business, industry and politics for over 100 years.
NYMA prepares students for the challenges of college. By the time they graduate, NYMA cadets will have had access to: a variety of meaningful leadership experiences; a robust curriculum geared toward 21st century priorities (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Communication.); and a solid core of lifetime fitness and outdoor learning skills. These are the intangibles that make NYMA a unique educational experience.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Situated in Houghton, Allegany County in western NY state, Houghton Academy is a Christian boarding and day school enrolling students in Grades 6-12.
Most boarding students at Houghton Academy live in one of the two residence halls. Both dorms offer a secure, traditional residential setting. Two students most often share a room, there are shared common areas for relaxation and recreation, and the buildings are staffed by full-time employees.
An alternative to or traditional dorms is found in three Staff Houses we own close to school. These homes serve as the full-time, traditional residences of our employees families, but each house has been configured to accommodate students.
Situated in New Lebanon, a town in Columbia County NY, Darrow School is a co-educational college preparatory boarding & day school for students in Grades 9-12. We provide a challenging, hands-on college preparatory curriculum with a student/teacher ratio of 5:1.
At Darrow, we are dedicated to serving students with diverse backgrounds and abilities, building on each student’s individual talents and interests to inspire enduring confidence for success in college and life.
Darrow’s student residences offer a cozy, home-like setting. Most student rooms are doubles, and in addition to sharing a room, each student gets in the habit of neatening up to pass room inspection.
Located on a secure 365-acre campus, we have 26 school and boarding buildings, playing fields, extensive hiking and cross-country ski trails, ponds, sheep pastures, orchards, marshlands, and an expansive forest.
Located in Rhinebeck in Upstate New York, The Astor Learning Center (ALC) is a therapeutic boarding school for boys and girls ages 5-13 with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties. Our residential programs are designed to provide a nurturing environment for children who must live away from their families while they receive treatment.
Established in 1980, ALC has been named three times as a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education. Our students benefit from small class sizes (6-8 students) in a nurturing environment conducive to learning. We aim to help children who have often experienced failure in school to finally succeed.
In our Residential Treatment programs, we treat a wide range of behavioral and mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and fire setting behaviors.
At ALC, we welcome children from throughout New York State. Some of our students come from as far as Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Co.), Albany, and many other areas of NY.