British International School of New York: The British International School of New York (BIS-NY), located in stunning waterfront facilities on Waterside Plaza (23rd St, and the East River), Manhattan, New York, is a British (UK) independent school for boys and girls from 3-14 offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years teaching methodology. Children can join BIS-NY at three years old (Nursery) and stay until they have completed our Year 9 (Eighth grade).
Conveniently located in Waterside Plaza, (23rd St, and the East River), Manhattan, New York City, the British International School has a bright multi-function play / lunch space, a swimming pool as well as separate upper and lower school playgrounds. The School comprises of three buildings all filled with natural light in large classrooms, the majority of which have water views. The School is fortunate to have a quiet and safe cul-de-sac for student drop off, and parking available within the complex for parents who wish to bring their children to school or attend school events.
If you are looking for a quality preschool or child care center in Manhattan, Smarter Toddler is perfect for you! With convenient locations on Manhattan's Upper West Side and at Midtown West near Times Square, we aim to provide a loving, home-like atmosphere for infants, toddlers and young kids (ages 3 months - 5 years). Our specially-designed arts-based curriculum is geared toward the growth of the 'whole child'. Music, movement, literacy and visual arts are an active part of every child's day. Full-time and part-time options are available.
Smarter Toddler was founded by parents of gifted young children who wanted a progressive preschool with an advanced arts-based curriculum that their own children could benefit from, hence the name. Developed around the idea that quality childhood care and education should be homelike, everything was carefully designed to make children feel like they are at home, from the vintage toys, low height lounge chairs and tons of original artwork.
Our mission is to continue to create an enhanced, quality early education program that emphasizes the arts, cultural experiences, and the unique individuality of each child. We aim to encourage curiosity, promote kindness and respect, and exercise imagination and creativity.
Parent Testimonial: "Every morning, my children are so happy to see & hug their teachers, and love visiting their “old” teachers as well. To us, there could be no better sign that they are happy at Smarter Toddler!"
- Patty Goldman
- Infant Program (3 - 12 months)
- Toddler 1 Program (13 - 20 months)
- Toddler 2 Program (21 months - 2.5 years)
- Young Preschool Program (2.5 - 3.5 years)
- Preschool Program (3.5 - 5 years)
- Arts Program (includes music, visual arts and yoga)
Subjects include: Early reading, Early Math, Early computer - "Tech Tots", Music and Movement, Yoga, Sign Language, Art and Arts appreciation, Early Spanish.
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
Conveniently located on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Milestones UWS Preschool is an in-home preschool for kids aged 18 months to 4 years. We specialize in creating a warm, nurturing, and educational school experience.
We tailor the curriculum and activities to each child's needs, focusing on the development of the child as a whole - socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
We are an inclusive program which accepts children of all abilities and needs. We have rolling admission, accepting applications throughout the year.
Milestones UWS Preschool is licensed by NYS as a group family daycare.
Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, Montclare Children’s School is a preschool for children ages 2 to 5. Our school is an enriched, teacher-directed program, and provides children with ample opportunities to engage in a variety of activities, including music, art, library, technology and gymnastics. Our school also provides a warm and rich setting for exploration, socialization and free play.
Each of the ten classrooms has access to a kid-sized bathroom. In addition to the classrooms, the school has a computer lab (with twelve stations for students and a main station for the teacher), school library, art classroom, woodshop, 2800 square-foot gym, and a rooftop garden.
The preschool focus is on teacher-directed activities in a comfortable setting with an enriched curriculum. The core of the curriculum is developmentally appropriate play with a rich assortment of materials and plenty of opportunity for interacting with peers. Call the morning of the day after Labor Day of the year preceding the year you would like your child to start preschool.
Parliament Tutors is the premier private, in-home tutoring service in the US. At our center on Manhattan´s Upper East Side in New York City, we provide personalised tutoring for the NYC and New York area covering all subjects for K-8 tutoring and high school tutoring including English, math, science, social studies and foreign languages, special tutoring in maths and English, college courses help, college preparation courses including SAT Prep, PSAT Prep, LSAT Prep, AP Test Prep, ACT Prep, as well as writing essays and academic counselling. We also offer language training in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Mandarin etc., TOEFL and ESL programs as well as postgraduate preparation courses including GRE, GMAT, LSAT and MCAT Tests.
Parliament Tutors features the most comprehensive private tutoring program available. Our tutors promote the importance of both conceptual understanding and practical application in developing a student’s skills for success. They are trained to recognize and respond to each student’s individual strengths and weaknesses, maximizing their potential. With their tutors, Parliament students develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the classroom.
* K-8 Tutoring and High School Tutoring in English, math, science, social studies and foreign languages
* Special Tutoring in math and English
* College Courses Help for math, economics, computer science, essays
* College Preparation Courses SAT Prep, PSAT Prep, LSAT Prep, AP Test Prep, ACT Prep writing essays and academic counselling
* Language Training in Spanish, Italian, Chinese etc
* TOEFL and ESL programs
* We also offer Postgraduate Preparation Courses including GRE, GMAT, LSAT and MCAT Tests
The Academy of St. Joseph is a private, co-ed, humanities-based school located in the heart of Greenwich Village, Manhattan. Featuring small class sizes and a rigorous, dynamic curriculum, we are dedicated to creating a new generation of leaders by fostering character, competence, and compassion in every student.
The Academy, which is under the direction of long-time educator and head of school, Angela Coombs, has limited openings in Pre-K 3, Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade and Third Grade classes for the 2010-11 school year. Founded in 2007, the school will add additional grades each year up to 8th Grade.
In addition to the core curriculum of math, literacy, science and social studies, the Academy offers religion, a formal art history / art studio program, music, French, Italian, innovative physical education, public speaking and library. Healthy lunches are also included everyday. Learn why families call AOSJ the best-kept secret in Manhattan.