British International School of New York: The British International School of New York (BIS-NY), located in stunning waterfront facilities on Waterside Plaza (23rd St, and the East River), Manhattan, New York, is a British (UK) independent school for boys and girls from 3-14 offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years teaching methodology. Children can join BIS-NY at three years old (Nursery) and stay until they have completed our Year 9 (Eighth grade).
Conveniently located in Waterside Plaza, (23rd St, and the East River), Manhattan, New York City, the British International School has a bright multi-function play / lunch space, a swimming pool as well as separate upper and lower school playgrounds. The School comprises of three buildings all filled with natural light in large classrooms, the majority of which have water views. The School is fortunate to have a quiet and safe cul-de-sac for student drop off, and parking available within the complex for parents who wish to bring their children to school or attend school events.
With two convenient locations in New York City on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Smarter Toddler is an arts-based early childhood school offering full-time and part-time preschool & child care programs to children aged between 3 months to 5 years.
The school was founded by parents of gifted young children who wanted a progressive preschool with an advanced arts-based curriculum that their children could benefit from. We believe that the artistic, cultural, and social development of each child is integral to education. We are dedicated to providing a foundation that encourages each child’s lifelong love of learning through art and music.
At Smarter Toddler we bring the outside world into the children’s lives at school. The program provides a rich environment that promotes children’s active exploration in all areas of development: physical, emotional, linguistic, aesthetic, and cognitive. We go above and beyond the standards of other daycare centers. Teachers have developed interesting and motivating lessons to engage the children and captivate their interest. With hands on experiences children are able to learn using all five senses.
- Infant Program (3 - 12 months)
- Toddler 1 Program (13 - 20 months)
- Toddler 2 Program (21 months - 2.5 years)
- Young Preschool Program (2.5 - 3.5 years)
- Preschool Program (3.5 - 5 years)
- Arts Program (includes music, visual arts and yoga)
Subjects include: Early reading, Early Math, Early computer - "Tech Tots", Music and Movement, Art and Arts appreciation and Early Spanish.
Conveniently located in Manhattan, NYC, Pono Learning is an alternative, independent, education center for kids ages 2.5-5. It is an outdoors learning center set up with the purpose of immersing children in rich, stimulating learning environments and harmonious learning communities where each child's interests and natural innate desire to learn are cherished, nurtured, and guided to flourish into becoming life-long learners, critical thinkers, and balanced human beings.
Pono, a traditional Hawaiian concept denoting perfect harmony and equilibrium, inspires everything we do. We strive to create a learning environment of perfect harmony with our children, families, teachers, and other members of the Pono community. We make every effort so that our lessons, meals, programs and projects achieve a state of Pono among our community, bigger society, and nature.
- Exploration Field Trips
- Nature Hikes in NYC Parks
- Pono-STREB Workshops
- In the Open Studio
- Pono About Town
- Pono in SLAM
- Inside and Outside: Nature, Art, and our Thoughts
- Winter Wonders...
Developing good study skills in high school will prepare you for academic success in college. Learning how to effectively manage your time, how to prioritize your work and how to retain important information are skills that will be of huge benefit to you throughout your life.
While you still have the support of your teachers in high school, you are expected to think for yourself and to take control of your learning. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, you can improve your study habits by making a few changes to your routine. Your academic success is entirely up to you!
Try to study in quiet environments that are free from distractions - you can't concentrate effectively if you are constantly being interrupted. Have a dedicated study area at home, and use your school library also. If you have disruptive classmates, try to sit as far away from them as possible so you can focus on your teacher.
Create an efficient and realistic study schedule for yourself and stick to it. Study for blocks of 20-50 minutes and make sure you take plenty of breaks. Try to be physically active during your breaks but make sure you return to your study!
Study Skills for High School Students:
- Time Management: Use planners, study plans & to-do lists to keep you on track.
- Self-discipline: Attend all classes and meet every deadline for assignments. Set aside time each day for study.
- Focus in class and listen attentively. If you don't understand something, ask questions!
- Effective note-taking: Make sure you record important points.
- Be organized: Keep all of your study materials in one place.
- Have a dedicated study area free of distractions.
Harlem Academy, located in East Harlem at 1330 Fifth Avenue in New York City is a private elementary and middle school serving grades one through eight. Our mission is to prepare bright, motivated students for success at top secondary schools and lifelong learning. At our school dedicated families, teachers, and supporters work together to provide educational opportunity to children whose potential might otherwise go unrealized.
Established in 2004 with a first grade class of 12 students, one grade is added each year, as the school builds toward a vision for an elementary and middle school program in Harlem that matches the standards of any independent school in New York City.
Harlem Academy’s elementary school program was developed through a grant from the Goldman Sachs Foundation in partnership with Columbia University. This allows access for low and moderate income families based on a sliding scale formula for setting tuition.
ABC Languages, Manhattan - Classes in NYC & Online via Zoom / Skype
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
The Brownstone School and Daycare Center, Manhattan
Courses / Programs
The Brownstone School and Daycare Center is a preschool located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City, at 128 West 80th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues, half a block from the Museum of Natural History. We were founded in 1963 and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents in 1983.
Most of our families live or work on Manhattan's Upper West Side. However, the school has always been strongly committed to families from a variety of cultural, ethnic and economic backgrounds that reflect our diverse society, so families from all over the city have always been a part of The Brownstone.
The Brownstone School and Daycare Center is licensed by the New York City Department of Health and is a member of the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY), the Educational Records Bureau (ERB) and the Parents League of New York. We have been serving the community for 45 years and welcome children ages 2 to 5 years.