Private boarding school in Oklahoma: High school dropout programs, residential school for troubled teens. Military programs for high school dropouts, life skills training for young adults, GED programs for students from Tulsa, Edmond, Broken Arrow, AR, CO, KS, MO, NM, TX, FL, IL, MA..
Thunderbird Youth Academy: Located in the city of Pryor, Northeastern Oklahoma, Thunderbird Youth Academy is a nationally-recognized co-ed program designed for high school dropouts ages 16-18. Our 17-month program is offered through the National Guard and the Oklahoma Military Department. Our program comprises of a 22 week (5 1/2 month) Residential Phase followed by a 12 month Post-Residential follow up program with a mentor after graduation.
- GED Option
- HS Credits (Graduates will earn 3 credits for graduating TYA, Additional HS Credits can be obtained through the Oklahoma University High School Option)
- College Classes
- Life Skills
History: - Nationally recognized program offered through the National Guard and the Oklahoma Military Department
- Established as 1 of 10 pilot programs in 1993
- Thunderbird Youth Academy has currently graduated over 3,000 of Oklahoma's youth (male and female)
Residential Program for High School Dropouts (Ages 16-18)
Features include: - 17 month program
- 3 high school credits upon graduation
- Academic Excellence
- Life Coping Skills
- Job Skills
- Health and Hygiene
- Responsible Citizenship
- Service to the Community
- Physical Fitness
Location: Thunderbird Youth Academy is located within the city of Pryor in Northeastern Oklahoma. The Academy is situated on the former Whitaker Education Training Center grounds and the entire Oklahoma Military Department property encompasses over 600 acres on the site.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Oklahoma and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located a short distance from downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico, Menaul School is a college preparatory, co-educational, independent boarding and day school for students in Grades 6-12 (day school only for Grades 6-8, boarding for Grades 9-12).
Our small student body and tight-knit comunity allows students to flourish both academically and socially. Students are encouraged to not only pursue their academics, but participate in athletics and the arts.
With the help of various staff members, each student plans a comprehensive program of studies designed to meet the Menaul School and New Mexico graduation requirements and the student’s educational goals.
In Mind, Body, and Spirit, our mission is to prepare students to succeed. Menaul School develops excellence, confidence, and integrity and provides the foundation for life-long learning and ethical leadership.
Co-educational Boarding & Day School for Students in Grades 6-12:
- Day school only for Grades 6-8
- Boarding for Grades 9-12
Courses / features include:
- College preparatory curriculum
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- Sports Program
- Community Service Component
- Southwestern Arts & Crafts Program (pottery and jewelry)
- Design Academy
- Engineering and Architecture
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Texas, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Situated in Oklahoma City, The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM) is a prestigious two-year residential high school (Grades 11 & 12) designed to educate academically gifted high school students in advanced mathematics and science.
OSSM was created through legislative action in 1983 and graduated its first class of 44 seniors from across the state in 1992. The school currently has 71 juniors, 63 seniors and an ultimate enrollment estimated at 300.
OSSM is located on a 32-acre campus in Oklahoma City, just south of the State capital and across from the medical and research facilities of the Oklahoma Health Center. Classes are held in Lincoln School, a renovated Oklahoma City public school, and students live in a residence hall that was completed in early 1998.
2-year Residential High School (Grades 11 & 12) Program for Academically Gifted Students:
- Bio-Medical / Human Biology Courses
- Traditional Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Structured Programming
- Data Structures I and II
- Data Communications and Networking
- Foreign Languages
- Fine Art
- Linear Algebra
- General Physics
- Electricity & Magnetism
The Brook Hill School, accredited, independent Christian Day (K-12) and Boarding (grades 8-12) school sits on a beautiful 288-acre campus in East Texas, in the South Central United States.
Our mission is to provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character.
The Brook Hill boarding program hosts students from all over the world entering Grades 8 - 12. Students from Angola, The Bahamas, Caicos Islands, China, Japan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Mexico, Nigeria, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, and the United States have graced our hallways.
"The Village at The Brook" offers two boarding houses, one for girls and one for boys. Residential facilities in "The Village" afford students a lifestyle which is like living at home. Rather than traditional dormitories, students live in comfortable, residential-style houses that include the types of amenities they might find in their own homes.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs (Grade 8-12):
- Day School programs (K-12)
- Boarding programs (Grade 8-12)
- College preparatory courses taught from a Biblical worldview
- AP level courses
- College Level Dual-credit options
- ESL English language programs
St. Stephen's Episcopal School is an independent, Episcopal, co-educational college preparatory day and boarding school for Grades 6-12, located on a 400 acre campus in Austin TX.
We have a very active and visible boarding program for students, with 10 dormitories on campus. St. Stephen’s remarkably diverse student body comprises 671 students from more than 30 Texas cities, eight states and 13 countries, including Thailand, China, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Korea.
Local families support the boarding community through the "Adopt A Dorm" program, and all international students have host families.The residence halls are located in the center of campus, between the academic buildings and the athletic fields.
We have accreditation & memberships with the Texas Education Agency, Independent Schools Association of the Southwest, National Association of Independent Schools, and more National Association of Episcopal Schools.