Private boarding school in Oklahoma: High school dropout programs, residential school for troubled teens. Military programs for high school dropouts, life skills training for young adults, GED programs for students from Tulsa, Edmond, Broken Arrow, AR, CO, KS, MO, NM, TX, FL, IL, MA..
Thunderbird Youth Academy: Located in the city of Pryor, Northeastern Oklahoma, Thunderbird Youth Academy is a nationally-recognized co-ed program designed for high school dropouts ages 16-18. Our 17-month program is offered through the National Guard and the Oklahoma Military Department. Our program comprises of a 22 week (5 1/2 month) Residential Phase followed by a 12 month Post-Residential follow up program with a mentor after graduation.
- GED Option
- HS Credits (Graduates will earn 3 credits for graduating TYA, Additional HS Credits can be obtained through the Oklahoma University High School Option)
- College Classes
- Life Skills
History: - Nationally recognized program offered through the National Guard and the Oklahoma Military Department
- Established as 1 of 10 pilot programs in 1993
- Thunderbird Youth Academy has currently graduated over 3,000 of Oklahoma's youth (male and female)
Residential Program for High School Dropouts (Ages 16-18)
Features include: - 17 month program
- 3 high school credits upon graduation
- Academic Excellence
- Life Coping Skills
- Job Skills
- Health and Hygiene
- Responsible Citizenship
- Service to the Community
- Physical Fitness
Location: Thunderbird Youth Academy is located within the city of Pryor in Northeastern Oklahoma. The Academy is situated on the former Whitaker Education Training Center grounds and the entire Oklahoma Military Department property encompasses over 600 acres on the site.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from New Mexico and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
New Hope Wilderness Camp, located in Ava (38 miles south east of Springfield), South Central Missouri, in the Midwestern United States, is a 21-day co-ed wilderness program, working with troubled teens (ages 11-20) who are experiencing conduct and behavior problems.
These include: Lack of Respect; Hostility Toward Loved Ones; Defiance Toward Authority; Truancy; Drugs; Violence; Depression and Unpredictable Behavior.
The individual treatment planning at New Hope is aimed at facilitating a change of heart, healing and strengthening family relationships, and inviting new beginnings. We have one competent staff member for every two young people. We utilize horses to do therapy with the young people, as well as daily counseling.
The ultimate goal of New Hope is to see the young people making positive choices in their lives, changing their heart attitudes positively, to facilitate a better relationship with their parents. We certainly believe Jesus Christ is the focal point for change, after one recognizes a heart need.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Texas, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Harlingen, Cameron County in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, Marine Military Academy is a private college preparatory military boarding school for young men in Grades 8-12.
The Marine Military Academy maintains the tradition of the United States Marine Corps with the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps Program coupled with a superb educational environment to develop morally strong, ethical, educated young men.
Our students constantly receive disciplined, structured training; ethical, moral and spiritual philosophy, and programs designed to develop courage, character and leadership.
The Marine Military Academy is a self-contained community with academic facilities, housing, dining, medical support, recreational and athletic facilities and its own maintenance section. A number of key staff and faculty members along with all drill instructors and their families live on campus.
Cadets are billeted in six, two story barracks with two Cadets to a room and two rooms sharing a bathroom. Each barracks contains an apartment where the drill instructor and his family live. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (MCJROTC) Program
- College Preparatory Curriculum (including Math, science, foreign languages, social science, computer science and health)
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Summer School
- English as Second Language Program
Steamboat Mountain School challenges the intellects and imaginations of its students to help them lead productive, creative, and responsible lives in a dynamic, global society.
Steamboat Mountain School is a coeducational boarding and day high school that blends academics and adventure, combining an outstanding college-preparatory curriculum with extraordinary programs out of the classroom and around the globe to build students’ knowledge, develop their confidence and independence, and prepare them for meaningful and fascinating lives.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs for Students in Grades 9-12:
College Preparatory curriculum - subjects & activities include:
- Social studies
- Foreign language
- Computer science
- The Arts
- Advisor Program
- Ski/Ride Programs
- Foreign Travel
- Outdoor Adventure...
Situated in Oklahoma City, The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM) is a prestigious two-year residential high school (Grades 11 & 12) designed to educate academically gifted high school students in advanced mathematics and science.
OSSM was created through legislative action in 1983 and graduated its first class of 44 seniors from across the state in 1992. The school currently has 71 juniors, 63 seniors and an ultimate enrollment estimated at 300.
OSSM is located on a 32-acre campus in Oklahoma City, just south of the State capital and across from the medical and research facilities of the Oklahoma Health Center. Classes are held in Lincoln School, a renovated Oklahoma City public school, and students live in a residence hall that was completed in early 1998.
2-year Residential High School (Grades 11 & 12) Program for Academically Gifted Students:
- Bio-Medical / Human Biology Courses
- Traditional Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Structured Programming
- Data Structures I and II
- Data Communications and Networking
- Foreign Languages
- Fine Art
- Linear Algebra
- General Physics
- Electricity & Magnetism