Private boarding school for troubled teens in Oklahoma: Residential school for difficult youth, military programs for high school dropouts, GED programs for students from Tulsa, Edmond, Broken Arrow, AR, CO, KS, MO, NM, TX, FL, IL, MA, CA, NY, NJ, PA, WA, NC, GA..
Thunderbird Youth Academy: Thunderbird Youth Academy, located in the city of Pryor, Northeastern Oklahoma, is a nationally recognized program designed for High School Dropouts offered through the National Guard and the Oklahoma Military Department. The program is 17 1/2 months in total - 22 week (5 1/2 months) Residential Phase followed by the 12 month Post-Residential follow up program with a mentor after graduation.
Thunderbird Youth Academy is located within the city of Pryor in Northeastern Oklahoma. The Academy is situated on the former Whitaker Education Training Center grounds and the entire Oklahoma Military Department property encompasses over 600 acres on the site.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Arkansas and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Situated in Oklahoma City, The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM) is a prestigious two-year residential high school (Grades 11 & 12) designed to educate academically gifted high school students in advanced mathematics and science.
OSSM was created through legislative action in 1983 and graduated its first class of 44 seniors from across the state in 1992. The school currently has 71 juniors, 63 seniors and an ultimate enrollment estimated at 300.
OSSM is located on a 32-acre campus in Oklahoma City, just south of the State capital and across from the medical and research facilities of the Oklahoma Health Center. Classes are held in Lincoln School, a renovated Oklahoma City public school, and students live in a residence hall that was completed in early 1998.
2-year Residential High School (Grades 11 & 12) Program for Academically Gifted Students:
- Bio-Medical / Human Biology Courses
- Traditional Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Structured Programming
- Data Structures I and II
- Data Communications and Networking
- Foreign Languages
- Fine Art
- Linear Algebra
- General Physics
- Electricity & Magnetism
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Texas, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Runnymede School is a Christian year-round boarding school in rural Missouri for boys (ages 9-16) having behavioral, academic and emotional problems.
Runnymede School is located on 31 acres about 30 minutes from Springfield and offers a disciplined, structured and purposeful lifestyle that strives to reform destructive behavior while teaching Godly masculinity. Runnymede focuses on daily biblical counseling and lots of hard work in basic life skills.
With only four students per class, your son will receive invaluable one on one tutoring and counsel that can be given when they sit in the house and when they walk by the way, when they lie down and when they rise up.
Again, with intensified counseling and mentoring your son will be away from home for less time, which means less cost for you.
The Hockaday School in Dallas provides an outstanding college preparatory education for girls in Grades 8 through 12 (boarding) and Pre-K through 12 (day).
The boarding experience at The Hockaday School is unique and unlike any other you will find. Originally founded as a boarding school, Hockaday has kept its boarding community small and intimate within a school population that has grown to over 1,000 students.
Our staff does not serve double duty as faculty members but instead are devoted 100% to their residence jobs.
As a community of 73 boarders, we offer an incredible amount of diversity, representing numerous states and an average of 12 countries each year. On the other hand, our commitment to remain under 75 boarders allows us always to feel like a family and a close-knit community.
Located in Harlingen, Cameron County in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, Marine Military Academy is a private college preparatory military boarding school for young men in Grades 8-12.
The Marine Military Academy maintains the tradition of the United States Marine Corps with the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps Program coupled with a superb educational environment to develop morally strong, ethical, educated young men.
Our students constantly receive disciplined, structured training; ethical, moral and spiritual philosophy, and programs designed to develop courage, character and leadership.
The Marine Military Academy is a self-contained community with academic facilities, housing, dining, medical support, recreational and athletic facilities and its own maintenance section. A number of key staff and faculty members along with all drill instructors and their families live on campus.
Cadets are billeted in six, two story barracks with two Cadets to a room and two rooms sharing a bathroom. Each barracks contains an apartment where the drill instructor and his family live. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (MCJROTC) Program
- College Preparatory Curriculum (including Math, science, foreign languages, social science, computer science and health)
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Summer School
- English as Second Language Program