Special needs schools in Pasadena, Los Angeles County CA: Special education for kids & teens with learning difficulties. Programs for elementary, middle & high school students with dyslexia, ADD, ADHD & Aspergers in San Gabriel/ San Fernando Valley area.
Frostig School, Pasadena: Situated in Pasadena CA, Frostig School has been making a difference in the lives of children with learning disabilities for over 60 years. We provide a full range of academic and support services for students in Grades 1-12 who have been diagnosed with learning disabilities (LD) such as ADHD, ADD and Asperger’s, dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia. Our school serves students in Pasadena, West Los Angeles, and the San Fernando / San Gabriel Valley areas.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Academic and support services for students with learning disabilities in Grades 1-12:
- Elementary Program (1st – 5th Grade)
- Middle School Program (6th- 8th Grade)
- High School Program (9th - 12th Grade)
- Electives (Art, Film, Drama, Music, Computer Technology, and Spanish)
- Social Skills Program
- Physical Education / Sports Program
- Guidance Counseling
- Onsite Clinical / Related Services
- Extended School Year
- Summer Camp (Cooking Adventures, Jewelry Making and Ceramics, Screen Printing (silk screening)
The Frostig School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and certified by the California Department of Education.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in San Jose in Silicon Valley in Santa Clara County, CA, Cambrian International Academy is a college preparatory school (middle and high school) that prepares students to enter top-tier universities. We cater for boys and girls in grades 8-12. We offer college preparatory elective courses, SAT, AP and TOEFL preparation, academic camps and a specialty golf program. Cambrian International Academy education helps students to use the skills learned at school in all life's endeavors. Cambrian International Academy is a life-changing experience, challenging and fun.
We ask a great deal from every student - higher standards, greater expectations, and deeper engagement not only in the world of ideas, but also in the life of the community. The "Cambrian Way" is a way of being: interacting with other minds, listening carefully, speaking respectfully, accepting new ideas and questioning old ones, using new knowledge, and enjoying the richness of human interaction. It is exemplified by the staff and embraced by the students.
Cambrian International Academy is an approved candidate for accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- College Preparatory Curriculum for children in grades 8-12
- Middle School
- High School
- College Preparatory Elective Courses
- Test Preparation SAT and Advanced Placement Courses
- TOEFL Test Preparation
- College Planning
- Academic Winter Camp and Summer Camp
- Specialty Golf Program
International School of the Peninsula (ISTP) in Palo Alto in Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, is an accredited, co-educational, bilingual immersion school offering French & Chinese (Mandarin) immersion programs to pre-school, elementary school and middle school students. One of the most meaningful gifts you can give your child is that of an exemplary education; one that opens doors and provides opportunities for success in an interconnected world.
International School of the Peninsula is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools, The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Ministère de l'Education Nationale. ISTP is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
The International School of the Peninsula educates children through a rigorous, bilingual curriculum that promotes critical thinking, international awareness and responsible global citizenship.
- French Language Early Years & Elementary Program
- Chinese (Mandarin) Language Early Years & Elementary Program
- International Middle School
- Summer Camps (Chinese, French, Spanish, ESL)
- English Language Arts
- American History
- Physical Education
- French Language Arts
- Chinese Language Arts
- Music in French and Chinese
- Visual Art in French and Chinese
- Mathematics in French and Chinese
& more ...
Located on Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA, near the Bay, Presidio Knolls School is a non-profit Mandarin-immersion Reggio Emilia inspired pre-school. Our school comprises of a dedicated, generous group of parents and teachers who are committed to providing a multi-lingual, multi-cultural English and Mandarin Chinese environment where children can freely develop their gifts and interests. Since the inception of the school in February 2008, the faculty and parents have been working very hard to realize these goals. We serve families from Chinatown, Cow Hollow, Russian Hill, Pacific Heights and throughout San Fransico Bay communities.
Since the school was established, we have made great strides in implementing a Reggio Emilia inspired teaching philosophy in a Mandarin immersion classroom. To facilitate language reinforcement at home, we have produced and published weekly Youtube videos of Mandarin songs and stories. The teachers have also infused Chinese traditions, such as ancient poetry and festival celebrations, into the program to foster cultural awareness and expose our children to more sophisticated vocabularies.
Located in Laguna Niguel, CA, St. Anne School is an independent Catholic school that fosters the intellectual and character development of more than 800 students in grades preschool through eight, providing unparalleled academics and extracurricular activities designed to challenge, educate and nurture the whole child in partnership with parents. We serve preschool, elementary, and middle school students with a range of courses in English, Mathematics, Religion, Science, and Social Science.
In addition to our core educational categories, we also provide a range of special programs including Chinese, Spanish, Creative Writing, Health, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Orchestra, and Athletics among others.
With a robust co-curricular program, St. Anne students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of clubs, classes, and activities that complement classroom study and create a balanced learning environment to develop the whole child.
Our vision is to develop future generations of creative thinkers, innovative problem solvers, effective communicators and emerging leaders, guided by the Catholic faith, to influence our local and global communities for the greater good.
Carden Academy in Mission Viejo, Southern Orange County in the Saddleback Valley is a private school offering Kindergarten (Junior Primary) - 8th Grade programs. Our method of instructions awakens a natural desire of learning in each of the students and simultaneously equipping them with a sound foundation of academic skills and knowledge. However for the educational progress of the child, the child must inculcate self-discipline, self-confidence, and stamina in them.
We teach reading, composition, grammar, literature, history, spelling, math, geography, and science; a solid foundational curriculum. These fields of study are enhanced by classes in music, computer, Spanish, physical education, and art. Because all subjects are integrated and sequential in structure, students can see and comprehend the development of each new idea.
We realize that selecting the best school for your child is an important responsibility, and we hope that you will find the school for which you are looking at Carden Academy. We have a well-rounded curriculum which leads students toward high academic achievement and a strong sense of self-esteem.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).