Special needs schools in Pasadena, Los Angeles County CA: Special education for kids & teens with learning difficulties. Programs for elementary, middle & high school students with dyslexia, ADD, ADHD & Aspergers in San Gabriel/ San Fernando Valley area.
Frostig School, Pasadena: Situated in Pasadena CA, Frostig School has been making a difference in the lives of children with learning disabilities for over 60 years. We provide a full range of academic and support services for students in Grades 1-12 who have been diagnosed with learning disabilities (LD) such as ADHD, ADD and Asperger’s, dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia. Our school serves students in Pasadena, West Los Angeles, and the San Fernando / San Gabriel Valley areas.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Academic and support services for students with learning disabilities in Grades 1-12:
- Elementary Program (1st – 5th Grade)
- Middle School Program (6th- 8th Grade)
- High School Program (9th - 12th Grade)
- Electives (Art, Film, Drama, Music, Computer Technology, and Spanish)
- Social Skills Program
- Physical Education / Sports Program
- Guidance Counseling
- Onsite Clinical / Related Services
- Extended School Year
- Summer Camp (Cooking Adventures, Jewelry Making and Ceramics, Screen Printing (silk screening)
The Frostig School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and certified by the California Department of Education.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Camellia Waldorf School in Sacramento is an independent, co-educational elementary school and preschool offering grades Pre-K to Grade 8. We are conveniently located between the 99 and I-5 Freeways and just south of downtown Sacramento. Camellia Waldorf School educates by honoring childhood, appreciating the individuality of each student, and instilling a sense of moral and ethical responsibility while building capacities for learning and encouraging clear and creative thinking.
Camellia Waldorf School actively welcomes students, faculty, and staff of all faiths and creeds. We respect and support all individuals' spiritual beliefs and practices. We strive to develop the mind, body, and spirit of the child, encouraging in the process, the child's spiritual freedom and growth.
As in every Waldorf school, our teaching works toward this aim by drawing on the insights into human development pioneered by Rudolf Steiner. Camellia Waldorf School offers each parent the opportunity to become part of a community that has heart and purpose. There are a number of ways to become involved. Your interests and talents can lead you.
Jan Peterson Child Development Center in Moreno Valley in Riverside County is a supportive, nurturing environment offering programs to children from 6 weeks to 6 years. In this warm, secure and enriching setting, children share more than play, meals and rest. They also have fun exploring a range of programs and activities specifically designed by child development experts to help your child grow in every way – physically, mentally and emotionally.
At Jan Peterson Child Development Center, your child’s day includes intriguing learning activities that are carefully matched to his or her developmental level. Child development follows a predictable sequence- but there’s a unique timetable for each child. Every one of our activities is designed to cultivate your child’s emerging skills and abilities, strengthen self-confidence, and instill a natural lifetime love of learning.
The professionals we choose to work with your child are far more than caretakers or activity directors. Each one is selected for specialized knowledge, skill and experience in working with children- insprired by our director, an early childhood specialist with 20+ years of experience.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
At San Francisco International School, located in the Richmond District of San Francisco, we believe that childhood is a time to be treasured, and we are committed to providing an engaging, innovative and rigorous social, emotional and academic program for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 students.
We recognize and embrace each child's unique learning profile and provide numerous opportunities for children's creative, musical and other intelligences to shine. San Francisco International School is commited to serving families in Cole Valley, Buena Vista Park, Dolores Park, Golden Gate Heights, Central and Outer Richmond and surrounding communities throughout the Bay Area.
Students are engaged in their education, feel successful in the classroom and see each day as an opportunity to discover and learn. Above all else, our graduates are balanced, internationally-minded citizens who will navigate a changing world with integrity and confidence. San Francisco International School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender and disability. Join us and, together, we will raise a happy, balanced, internationally-minded child.
- Junior Kindergarten program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
* Primary Years Program for Students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5. Our curriculum is inspired by the International Baccalaureate (IB-PYP) program and we use the California State Standards as a guideline.
* Core Subjects include Math, Science, Language Arts, Global Education, Art, Music, Technology and P.E.
St. Mark's Episcopal School, located in Upland, San Bernardino County, California, is a private Preschool & Elementary School offering Pre-K to Grade 8 programs. The environment at Saint Mark’s Episcopal School supports exploration and creativity, and provides a strong academic program and a variety of opportunities for students to learn and grow. We are life-long learners who encourage our students to grow in knowledge of themselves, their values, faith, community, world, and service to others. To lead purposeful lives in the twenty-first century, students must become independent thinkers who know and embrace their passions.
Yew Chung Education Foundation comprises of schools located all over China and Yew Chung International School in Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Founded in 1932, we offer biligual (English / Mandarin) education from preschool through High School at our schools in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, and Chongqing. Our mission is to educate the international student to become a 21st Century citizen.
In Yew Chung, our children will excel intellectually, physically, and spiritually. Our children will understand enormous amount of knowledge, absorb the best of Eastern and Western cultures, be open minded, be confident, be sensitive, and most importantly be lifelong learners. This is our Yew Chung's commitment to you.