Independent Schools in California: Private elementary school in San Diego County, Preschool in La Mesa area, Kindergarten program, PreK-6 school close to University City, Clairemont, Mission Bay Park....
Applied Scholastics Academy San Diego: Located in La Mesa in San Diego County, Applied Scholastics Academy San Diego is an independent, co-educational, non-religious school for pre-K through to sixth grade, serving families in La Mesa, La Jolla, Muirlands West, Soledad South, Bay Ho, Sorrento Valley and surrounding communities. Applied Scholastics Academies are part of the Applied Scholastics Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard.
Email:Contact us below
Each teacher is trained in Study Technology and in how to communicate effectively with children. We teach children how to learn so they can resolve their own learning difficulties and know how to get help when they need it. Children may enroll in this school as early as four years old, assuming the student will become five years old sometime during the current school year.
- Preschool; Pre-Kindergarten; Kindergarten; Elememtary School; Lower School & Middle School to 6th Grade.
* Subjects include: Study Skills, English and Literature, science, math, geography, history, art, music, reading, life skills and physical education.
Shu Ren International School is an independent, co-educational day school in Berkeley in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, Alameda County, for students in Pre-K through to 2nd grade with plans to extend through 8th grade in coming years. We offer a dual-immersion education in Chinese and English based on the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)’s Primary Years Program curriculum framework.
Shu Ren was founded on the belief that children should be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and values to be engaged global citizens in an increasingly interconnected world. We strive to educate students to be effective and creative problem solvers, with knowledge of other world regions and global issues; skills in communicating in multiple languages and working in cross-cultural environments; and values of respect and concern for the diverse cultures and peoples of the world.
Shu Ren provides an academically rigorous but fun environment where children are nurtured to become independent, open-minded, and enthusiastic lifelong learners.
Conveniently located in Arroyo Grande in San Luis Obispo County, A Child's Place Montessori School is a Montessori school offering programs for infants, toddlers, primary and elementary children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. Dr. Maria Montessori, one of the most significant educators of our time, stressed the need for early education. A Childs Place Montessori curriculum is based upon the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, and is developmentally appropriate for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, as well as lower elementary students.
At A Child's Place Montessori School, the focus is on the whole child - physical, emotional, social, cognitive, creative and artistic development, are stressed equally. Our education programs for infants, toddlers, primary and elementary age children are conducted in a warm, loving, nurturing environment, where Montessori teachers invest in your child.
- Infant / Toddler program (Ages 6 weeks to 24 months): Features bright, airy interiors designed to stimulate with toys and materials that encourage hand / eye co-ordination & cognitive ability. Learn about practical life.
- Preschool / Primary program (Ages 3 to 5 years): Sets the foundation for math and reading.
- Early Elementary program (Ages 5 to 6 years): Children are taught how to solve problems amongst themselves with a teacher serving as mediator.
Katherine Michiels Elementary School is located on Guerrero Street between 25th Street and 26th Street in San Francisco's Mission District. We are easily accessible from both the 101 Freeway (via Cesar Chavez St.) and from the 280 northbound (via the San Jose exit). (KMS) is taking the lead in developing a progressive curriculum where art, music, dance, Spanish, language, outdoor education and creative writing are core to an academic program that is project based and specific to each of our learners.
Our unique curriculum takes inspiration from Mel Levine, Slingerland, Reggio Emilia Project Based Learning and similar techniques. Our program places a strong emphasis on social, academic and emotional development. We encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and others; and allow them freedom to develop a strong sense of self. Students benefit from a variety of dance opportunities including instruction from professional dance troups in the San Francisco area.
KMS owns a camp outside of Yosemite where it offers outdoor education instruction to students. Scholarships are available.
Conveniently located in La Mesa in San Diego County CA, Mt. Helix Academy is a private preparatory school offering quality academic programs for kindergarten through Grade 8 as well as our AIM HIGH programs for for students with mild to moderate learning difficulties / special needs. Mt. Helix Academy received the highest level of accreditation that is ever awarded by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We are a positive, safe, and nurturing school. Our highly skilled teachers use evidence-based methods with the result that our students love learning and our graduates excel in high school and college.
Mt. Helix Academy is in the family of schools operated by The Institute for Effective Education. TIEE is nationally recognized and is a leader in the San Diego area for the use of evidence-based teaching methods and materials.
Mt. Helix Academy is the East County private school that is committed to developing highly ethical, well-rounded students, who love learning. We are committed to teaching our students the skills and knowledge necessary to become high academic achievers, self-managed learners, and confident, charming, creative individuals.
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- AIM HIGH Programs for Students with Special Needs
- Foreign Languages
- Visual Arts
- Music & Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Before-school & After-school Child Care
- Year-round Academic Tutoring
- Summer Camp Programs
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
3-2-1- Talent Showcase Acting Studios is an acting school located in La Crescenta Valley in the beautiful foothills of Los Angeles (above the Southern California cities of Glendale / Burbank and only 15 minutes from Hollywood and Downtown LA) that specializes in launching acting careers for children, teens and young adults. Here is what top Hollywood talent agent Jody Alexandar says about 3-2-1-Acting Studios:
"I have been scouting at Mae's school for years. Not only is it a fun experience for me...it is always a successful event. Mae is an expert teacher who imparts audition skills and in- depth camera technique to the performers, with a positive outcome. Mae goes the extra mile and makes sure that her students develop the confidence to conquer the ups and downs of the entertainment industry. She truly cares about each and every one of her pupils.
I have found students from 3-2-1- Studios who were newcomers to the biz, who are now successful working actors starring as TV series regulars, working in Commercial and in Movies. Simply put 3-2-1- Talent Showcase Acting school programs really work!”
We offer on-camera acting training for the beginner to the advanced working young actor.
Our premier acting program includes:
- Scene Study for TV/Film Acting
- TV Commercial Acting
- Cold Reading
- Auditioning Techniques
- Modeling Runway and Print
- Talent Showcases
- Acting Career Seminars for Teens & Parents Diplomas
- Master Student program