Contact specialty boarding schools / behavior modification schools in West Virginia & the South: Therapeutic boarding school for troubled teen girls, residential programs for high school students with behavioral problems / emotional issues. Residential treatment center for struggling teens / at-risk youth from PA, OH, KY, VA, MD..
Greenbrier Academy: Based in the heart of rural south-east West Virginia, in the town of Pence Springs, Greenbrier Academy provides a therapeutic residential / boarding school program for teen girls ages 13-18. We work with students facing issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, ADD/ADHD, substance abuse, anger and/or attachment issues, and more.
Therapeutic Boarding School for Girls ages 13-18: - We place equal emphasis on both therapy and academic education
- Minimum length of stay of 12 months, and many of our students have chosen to stay 2-4 years or more
- Academic courses focus on subjects that are necessary to receive a high school diploma and to be prepared for college.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Ohio and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Ohio, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Oakland School is a small co-ed boarding and day school in Keswick, Albemarle County VA (just eleven miles east of Charlottesville) that enables children who have learning disabilities or organizational and study skills difficulties to reach their academic and personal potential.
Thanks to a success-oriented environment and time-tested methods, hundreds of Oakland students have successfully returned to mainstream education since the school's founding in 1950.
The combination of daily one-to-one instruction, an emphasis on basic skills including Oakland’s specialty of teaching reading, a highly-experienced and nurturing staff and a success-oriented environment has enabled scores of children to reach their academic and personal potential.
The school is located on the site of a former plantation in the rolling countryside of central Virginia. Oakland's peaceful country setting and nurturing environment allow for truly remarkable learning to occur.
Founded in 1875, Perkiomen School is an empowering experience that gives students the confidence to explore and grow. We provide each student with an experience uniquely combining opportunity and challenge, guidance and encouragement. Perk offers an engaging academic program and a world of possibilities in a community that feels like family.
Located in Pennsburg PA, Perk’s 172 acre campus is home to 360 students from 25 countries and 10 states. Classes average 12 students with a student to faculty ratio of 7 to 1. Perkiomen is 45 minutes from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 3 hours from Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Over 150 courses, including 30 AP courses are offered. Courses include Spanish, Latin, German, and Chinese, plus Entrepreneur and Medical Institutes fully supported by the Innovation Center
The Office of College Counseling hosts over 100 college representatives on campus and boasts a 100% college matriculation rate.
Co-educational Boarding & Day School Program:
- Day Program (Grades 6-12)
- Boarding Program (Grades 6-12)
- Post-Graduate Year
- Challenging college preparatory curriculum
- Advanced Placement courses
- Entrepreneur Institute
- Medical Institute
Core curriculum subjects include:
- World Languages
Established in 1746, Linden Hall is the oldest girls' boarding school in the United States. The school is located in the historic town of Lititz PA, within a few hours of Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and New York City.
As a college preparatory day and boarding school for grades 6-12 and a post graduate year, Linden Hall is dedicated to excellence in the education of young women.
Linden Hall’s mission is to provide what we believe is the best college preparatory experience in the nation. Through our signature 4C’s Promise, Linden Hall provides an experience that best prepares each student for success and leadership in college and the working world.
Linden Hall is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA), located on 300 acres of land in Willoughby (30 minutes from Cleveland), Ohio, is a private, co-educational boarding & day school offering Grades 7-12 (boarding) and Pre-K - Grade 12 (day) programs.
Students may choose to board 5 days per week (Sunday evening to Friday afternoon) or 7 days per week throughout the academic year.
Residential life is complimented by the diversity of background each student brings to AOA. While day students commute from the many communities surrounding Cleveland, boarders come from Ohio, across the country and around the world.
AOA is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). We are a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). AOA is consistently ranked among the best private schools in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs:
- Boarding Program: Grades 7-12
- Day Program: Pre-K through Grade 12
Courses / subjects include:
- English as a Second Language
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education
- Fine Arts
- Equestrian Program
- College Counselling
- Summer Camps