Private boarding school in Virginia: Co-ed boarding high school, college prep programs for boys & girls. Christian residential education for students from Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Williamsburg, Alexandria, Newport News, Roanoke, Chesapeake, WV, MD, NC, TN, KY, NY, CA, TX, FL..
Oak Hill Academy: Founded in 1878, Oak Hill Academy is a non-military, Baptist-affiliated, co-educational boarding / day high school that provides college preparatory education for Grades 8-12, for both domestic and international students. Located in the centre of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we are approximately 1.5 miles from the village of Mouth of Wilson, Grayson County, Virginia, 80 minutes drive west of Galax and 45 minutes south of Marion, VA. We are easily accessible from interstate 77. At Oak Hill, 95% of graduates go on to college, and we are fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. We accept year-round applications.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Co-Educational Boarding Program - for Grades 8-12:
- College preparatory education - Subjects include: English, Language, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Business, Fine Arts, Physical Education, Non-Departmental Electives and Microsoft IT Academy.
- Oak Hill is an official SAT, ACT, and PSAT testing site (our international students are transported to a nearby testing site for the TOEFL several times throughout the year).
- Additionally: SAT Preparatory course and Athletics program.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Oakland School is a small co-ed boarding and day school in Keswick, Albemarle County VA (just eleven miles east of Charlottesville) that enables children who have learning disabilities or organizational and study skills difficulties to reach their academic and personal potential.
Thanks to a success-oriented environment and time-tested methods, hundreds of Oakland students have successfully returned to mainstream education since the school's founding in 1950.
The combination of daily one-to-one instruction, an emphasis on basic skills including Oakland’s specialty of teaching reading, a highly-experienced and nurturing staff and a success-oriented environment has enabled scores of children to reach their academic and personal potential.
The school is located on the site of a former plantation in the rolling countryside of central Virginia. Oakland's peaceful country setting and nurturing environment allow for truly remarkable learning to occur.
Blue Ridge School (BRS) is an all-boys, college preparatory, private boarding school for Grades 9 through 12.
We are located 1 mile north-west of Dyke in Greene County in Central Virginia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our school is situated 20 miles north of downtown Charlottesville, and approximately a 2.5 hour drive from both Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia.
We serve young men who respond well to small classes, a structured environment and a strong sense of community. Our faculty challenges each boy to reach beyond his current level of performance and expectation to discover his potential.
The average class size is 8 and the average student load per teacher is 40. This allows teachers to give personalized attention and individualize teaching materials for their classes.
Our school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
The Madeira School is a girls' boarding school and day school, Grades 9–12, located 12 miles outside Washington, D.C. in McLean, Fairfax County, northern Virginia.
Designed for girls who are bright, curious, and independent, Madeira is committed to providing an exemplary college prepatory school education with with prep courses for PSAT, SAT and SAT II, summer and community programs as well as a global emphasis and a unique co-curriculum program offering off-campus internship opportunities for every student.
The six dormitories at Madeira accommodate girls from all over the world. Over half of our girls are boarders, and boarding life forms a vital and vibrant portion of life at Madeira.
Most boarders have roommates, and many continue to live with that roommate each year. Faculty and girls bring with them diverse ethnic, racial, religious, socio-economic, and cultural perspectives and share them in both academic and social settings.
Imagine the fun you will have getting to know girls from Bhutan, Mexico, Korea, Taiwan, Russia, Nigeria, and across the United States? Your character, interests, and culture are considered valuable assets that improve and enhance the overall community.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Virginia, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Front Royal, VA, Randolph-Macon Academy (R-MA) is a college-prep boarding school with an Air Force JROTC program. R-MA is one of the premier military schools in the nation, and the only Virginia military school offering Air Force JROTC. Our focus is on college-prep. 100% of our students are accepted to college.
Students in Grades 6-12 discover their potential and develop better academic and organizational skills. Students receive personal attention in the classroom and in the dorm. They learn positive Christian morals and develop self-discipline through a structured program, administered by teachers and dorm counselors who care deeply about "their" kids.
As a small boarding school of 410 students, opportunities abound. Graduating classes average $4 million in college scholarships. The Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFJROTC) program is grounded in the Air Force core values of Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Virginia and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."