Oswestry School, Shropshire:
Located in Oswestry, Shropshire, West Midlands of England, Oswestry School is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 4 -18. Oswestry School is large enough to possess many first-class facilities, yet small enough for each pupil to be well known and make a really significant contribution. We are a non-selective boarding school of over 400 girls and boys. Boarders at Oswestry School make up about one third of our community; they come from both the UK and overseas, with 23 nationalities represented.
- Boarding facilities are available for boys and girls from 11-18 years. Each boarding house is run by houseparents who lead a team of dedicated staff to care for the pupils in their charge. The staff are supportive and understanding, providing on-going guidance throughout the student’s time at the school and ensuring that new boarders soon settle in with the existing pupils.
- From Monday to Friday the boarding day starts at 7.30am when students prepare for the day ahead and go for breakfast in the school’s award-winning dining facility. From there they go to their form room for registration and to join with the day pupils; this is followed by assembly and lessons from 8.40am to 4.30pm After school there is a variety of after school clubs, activities and training sessions available, followed by the evening meal in the dining room.
- The evening is devoted to supervised homework sessions and an evening break when house staff provide supper for the students; the older students are responsible for this themselves. Finally the students have some free time and prepare for bed at a set time, appropriate to their age.
At weekends a member of the teaching staff is on duty to supervise activities with the boarders; these include trips to places of interest, the cinema, hill-walking, go-karting, etc. Over the weekend time is also allocated for homework but there is plenty of free time to relax, perhaps go into the town of Oswestry, or to spend time with families of other pupils with whom they have made friends. Have a look at some photos of the boarders' weekend activities here.
Each house organises its own social events; these can vary from in-house sporting competitions to barbecues and parties. There are also occasions throughout the year when all the boarding houses join together for social events.
Boarders are encouraged to play a full part in the life of the school, thereby developing their skills and interests and becoming confident young adults, ready to take their place in the world of university and work.
Fundraising events for a variety of charities are held throughout the school year. Recent events have included musical concerts, own clothes days, a sponsored swim and, every other year, the entire school takes part in a 15-mile charity walk over the hills surrounding Oswestry.
Primary & Secondary School Day & Boarding Programmes:
- Boarding programmes for boys and girls 11-18 years
- Day Programmes for boys and girls 4-18 years
- Prepcare Nursery Section
- Lower School
- Upper School
- Sixth Form
- Learning Support Department
- English as an acquired language (EAL) Lessons for international students
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Oswestry, Church Street, Shropshire, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.