The Cambridge Centre for Languages:
Established in 1982, The Cambridge Centre for Languages in Cambridge, Southeast England, has an international reputation for providing quality English language summer courses and is accredited by the British Council. Our summer courses are held the magnificent campus of The Perse Centre in Union Lane, just minutes from Cambridge city centre. Our courses are designed for 12-16 year old students, and we put special emphasis on communicative skills. Students can avail of 6 different start dates for summer 2013, and can choose 2,3,4 or 6-week courses.
We offer students the opportunity to:
- Learn to enjoy using English to communicate in a relaxed, active and caring environment
- Develop powers of expression, making the best use of the English they have previously learnt
- Extend their English language resources to deal with the requirements of daily life and personal relations
- Improve the range of skills involved in English speech, including the use of stress and intonation to convey meaning
- Accustom themselves to the use of English as it is spoken for purposes of international communication by speakers of many different mother tongues
- Be introduced to English life and cultural heritage through a programme of visits and excursions
- to facilitate communication and interaction among young people of different mother tongues
- to promote international mobility, mutual understanding and cooperation
- to overcome prejudice and discrimination
- to help young people to achieve a wider and deeper understanding of the way of life and forms of thought of other peoples and of their cultural heritage
Our purpose is:
- to create an international environment where our students may learn about the life and cultural heritage not only of Britain, but also of other countries.
- to improve the overall performance of the students' English by placing special emphasis on communicative skills (communicative syllabus)
- to enable the students to grow in self-confidence and self-reliance
- to help the student to mature in respect of Communication * International living * Self-development.
- 2,3,4 or 6-week study options
- 18 hours language instruction per week plus activities & excursions to historical & cultural places
- Small class sizes (max 15 students)
- Focus on listening, reading, writing and speaking English
- Classroom activities such as role-play, simulated situations and language games give students practice in communicative language skills.
Accommodation is in shared or single rooms with local host families in or around Cambridge. Lunches, and daily refreshments are taken at St Mary's School from Monday to Friday, while other meals are provided by the host families, who offer a packed lunch on excursion days.
The Centre takes great care in the selection of reliable accommodation. Good host families contribute greatly to the happiness and success of a student's stay, introducing him or her to local life and providing valuable opportunities for the student to practise the language.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 4 Brooksland Avenue , Cambridge, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.