ISSOS, Summer Schools at St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale Universities:
ISSOS offers all-inclusive three-week summer school programs in Scotland and England for international students aged between 13-18 years of age. The summer courses are held in July and August in the world-famous St. Andrews and Cambridge Universities and take full advantage of the facilities, culture and history they have to offer. ISSOS also provides a 3-week residential academic summer camp at Yale University in the U.S. for international students.
St Andrews is located on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles north-east of Glasgow. The city of Cambridge, home to world-renowned Cambridge University in England, is easily accessible just 50 miles north-east of London.
Our residential summer schools aim to offer a balanced summer experience of academics, fun and culture. Students choose one academic subject and one elective subject to study during their 3-week stay.
We also offer a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games allowing students the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure.
ISSOS attracts students from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities, thereby creating an international community and exposing students to an exciting variety of cultures, languages and backgrounds.
All students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews or Cambridge.
Choice of Academic Programs:
ISSOS are proud to provide high quality academic programs designed to cater specifically for the needs of international students.
Classes meet daily for two and a half hours and unlike other summer schools we offer limited places in order to guarantee small class sizes and individual attention.
• English Language Course (from beginner to advanced)
• Pre-International Baccalaureate program (designed to prepare students about to enter the IB Diploma program)
• Debate Program
• Youth Leadership Program
• Creative Writing Program
Academic Programs in Cambridge:
• English Language Course (for Beginner to Advanced students, and those who want to study or train in an English-speaking university or Institutions of Higher and Further Education)
• Business Studies & Entrepreneurship
• Debate Program
• Journalism Program
• Pre-International Baccalaureate Program: This program is designed to prepare students about to enter the IB Diploma program
While mornings are spent studying, afternoons at ISSOS are reserved for exciting electives. Each student is able to combine their academic program option with one of our unique in-depth elective courses.
Timetabled four afternoons per week, these fun-filled and action-packed courses will enable students to discover and experience exciting subjects while gaining new skills and expertise.
Electives available in St. Andrews:
• Golf; Theatre; Tennis; Film; Art
Electives available in Cambridge:
• Fencing; Outdoor Leadership; Theatre; Tennis; Photography
All our academics and electives are taught by fully qualified professionals, in addition we have a team of summer school counselors who are dedicated to making sure all students are safe and happy.
In addition to our exceptional academic programs and exciting afternoon electives each of our students will also benefit from a broad ranging and all-inclusive activities program.
Over three weeks, we will immerse our students in the UK’s rich and unique culture and introduce them to some of its best-loved landmarks, cities and breath-taking natural wonders.
Whether you want to discover Braveheart country or learn to kiteboard on the beach, our fun-filled and action-packed activities program has been designed to leave no one behind.
With an exhilarating selection of outdoor activities, day trips and evening entertainments as well as the exclusive Highland Adventure ISSOS guarantees the summer of a life-time not to be missed.
St. Andrews and Cambridge are university towns famous for their academic achievements and stunning landscapes. They are towns packed with history, tradition, culture and world-renowned universities.
These idyllic locations provide not only a unique and breathtaking backdrop but a stimulating, exciting and above all safe environment for students to spend their summers. Discover the experience of a lifetime!
ISSOS is based in the extensive and beautiful grounds of The University of St Andrews and Queens College, Cambridge. Students will be housed in the historic halls of residence, providing a comfortable and safe home for the duration of the three-week summer school program.
With their oak-paneled common rooms, expansive dinning areas, beautiful libraries and picturesque gardens these halls of residence have been home to many famous scholars who have attended St Andrews University and Queens College.
University Summer Camp in USA - for international students:
ISSOS provides a unique opportunity for international students to spend the summer in one of the USA’s top Ivy League Universities!
Based on the campus of prestigious Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, we provide 3-week residential academic summer camp programs for middle school and high school students (aged 13-18).
• "Our son can’t think of a better place to go, a first-rate summer enrichment program, and he applied again immediately after his return. ISSOS brings a truly international mix of students together, in an exceptional and very rewarding way, to maximum benefit of all students."
Dagmar, Parent, Germany
• "We have never seen our daughter so animated and enthusiastic as she was about ISSOS. She benefited from new experiences and ideas, made many new friends and now has a different outlook on life, all that we could have wished for her from her stay at ISSOS."
Pat and Bob, Parents, UK
• "ISSOS allowed Chung the freedom to grow and develop within the confines of a disciplined, friendly and caring environment. He felt comfortable and happy at all times and made some wonderful friends. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the summer school to other parents as I am convinced that in the ISSOS environment young people flourish."
Au Lau, Parent, Hong Kong
• "ISSOS is a great program because there is so much variety at the school. ISSOS has totally changed the way I see the world. I have different opinions on topics because of the experiences I have had at ISSOS. I feel that as long as I put myself out there when I am at ISSOS, I can do whatever I want and they are just going to help me to achieve things.
That's really the greatest thing ever. I love all the friends I meet there and we all agree immediately that after one week it feels like we've known each other forever. It's almost magical."
Kelly, Student, USA
• "ISSOS is one of the best experiences anyone could have! I made so many new friends and still keep in touch with them. From the cultural trips, to clans, to field trips and classes, I have made great friendships and have experienced what it’s like to be away from home for 3 weeks. If anyone is looking to go have some fun and have the best experience of their life, ISSOS is the place!"
• "WOW! What more can I say, my daughter loved the summer school and talks about nothing else. She has made amazing friends from all over the world and learned so much."
• "My daughter had a wonderful experience in St Andrews and want to thank the directors for organising such an awesome summer! My daughter now wants to come back next year."
Specific Contact Pages: - Business Studies & Entrepreneurship
- Creative Writing
- Debating Course
- English Language
- IB Summer Program
- Journalism Course
- Youth Leadership
- Art Programs
- Drama / Theatre Arts
- Film Making Camp
- Golf Camps
- Outdoor Activities
- Photography Course
- Tennis Camps
- Summer Camp at Yale University, USA
- Courses / Programs
- Our Home Page
|Address: St. Andrews, Scotland, Scotland , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.