MicMakeupSchool is a world-renowned traveling makeup school that offers one-day professional make-up artist training and certification programs in a range of cities throughout the United States. We offer our make-up classes in San Diego, CA; Los Angeles CA, Orange County, Pasadena CA among many others. Our makeup programs are only offered in each city four times a year so early booking is essential.
One-Day Professional Makeup Artist Certification Programs:
Makeup Principles Certification (1 Day) Program Schedule:
9am-10am Makeup Theory:
- History of Makeup- trends and styles from ancient times to contemporary times
- How does color work in makeup? Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Colors. Cool and Warm Colors. Analogous Colors. Blending colors. Learn how all interact and how to use them.
- Complementary colors- How and when to use them
- How to choose makeup color based on Skin Color, Eye Color, Hair Color
10am-11am Foundation Application:
- Foundation Color Matching
- Foundation Selection- A crucial point in selecting a foundation shade is to recognize that the appearance of the shade in the container may not accurately gauge the color impact on the skin. Other times intentionally using a mismatch can achieve a desired result.
- Foundation Coverage- Sheer, Light, Medium, Full. When to use each technique.
- Foundation Formulation/Powders, creams and lotions- Oil and emollient, Oil-based shakers, Alcohol based, Powder based, Mineral Makeup, Water based, Water-based cream, Water-based oil-free, Silicone-based
- Foundation application techniques
11am-11:45am Eye and Facial Makeup:
- Eye Theory- Eye Shapes, Concealer, Eye Base, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Highlighter, Brows, Eyelash Curls, Mascara
- How to Create a Natural Eye Look
- How to Create Smoky Eye Makeup/Red Carpet Makeup
- Blush- The application of blush-on comes after the complete makeup/foundation and concealer has been put into place. Blush is also referred to as rouge. The proper use of blush can help liven up an ordinary face and bring out the radiance of an unusual one. How one applies blush makeup determines whether they can bring out the structural beauty of a face, add shape or refine a too-plump one and narrow it down or simply give your complexion the warm glow of youth.
- Facial Shapes/Bone Structure Theory
11:45-1pm Hands-on Student Demo
1pm-1:45pm Lunch Break
1:45pm-2:30pm Contouring and Lips:
- Contouring- Contouring is a method of shading and highlighting certain areas of the face to create different angles and focus points. Contouring can be used to bring out small cheekbones or give a square face some softer curves. Contouring creates a sense of balance, adding definition to your makeup with color.
- Lips- Create a flawless mouth
2:30pm-5pm Hands-on Student Demo
Bridal Makeup Certification (1 Day):
Bridal Makeup is a fun, exciting and lucrative area of expertise! You will learn color coordination, special techniques and step-by-step corrective makeup techniques for challenging situations. You will learn how to market and promote your services to brides. You will learn the application techniques for making a bride look her best on her wedding day. Learn how to handle a "test" makeup. Learn what to charge for your services. Learn how to "prep" for the wedding day. Learn organizational skills for an effective makeup station. All makeup products, tools and supplies are provided.
HD Film / Photo / TV Makeup Certification (1 Day):
This class is geared to focus on artistic and technical end to land you a job in the entertainment industry. You will learn flawless makeup application techniques for different mediums such as HDTV, photography, music videos and film. You will learn how to create a seamless makeup that will look superb through the camera and the proper products to use. Airbrushing will be discussed. All makeup products, tools and supplies are provided.
HD Red Carpet Makeup Certification (1 Day):
Learn beauty makeup for both dynamic (natural) and nighttime (dramatic). For those of you who've always dreamed of becoming a professional makeup artist this is the class for you. You will learn corrective makeup techniques and products used for professional makeup application. You will master fundamental skills in makeup theory, color, foundation, eye and facial makeup, contouring, and lips. All makeup products, tools and supplies are provided.
Basic Hairstyling for Makeup Artists Certification (1 Day):
As a freelance makeup artist, you will sometimes be expected to do hair. This class is probably one of the best supplemental classes you'll ever take because you'll instantly increase your marketability. This class is designed to cover the majority of those hair styling situations. This class focuses on specific technical details that make the difference between an ordinary hairdo and an attention-grabbing appearance. You'll learn how to create hairstyles with volume and movement. You'll learn how to work with messy loose waves, straight styles, and tighter springier curls. You will also learn several difficult Up Dos. This class is not a cosmetology program; it's a hairstyling class designed for makeup artists by makeup artists.
Makeup Artist Portfolio Day Certification (1 Day):
The entire day of class is a professional photo session with an extraordinary pro photographer. Bring a friend to work on! Students will work on a friend, have photos taken, then switch friends and start again. We start with the basics, making sure everyone is competent in color theory, sanitation, foundation and concealer work. When the day is done, you'll walk away with professional pictures for your portfolio with different models and looks to showcase your talent, along with the skills and confidence to go out and conquer the makeup world!
For further information on make-up certification programs in your area, please e-mail us via our Contact Page.
Email: Contact Us
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.