TEFL International in Barcelona: TEFLInternational in Barcelona is a teacher training school located near the famous Sagrada Familia cathedral in the Gracia area of the city. We are committed to offering you the highest quality training course whilst also doing everything possible to ensure that you will have a very enjoyable experience during your time in Barcelona.
Comprehensive training in all aspects of how to be a successful Teacher of English as a Foreign Language. All the grammar you will need for your first position, phonetics, instruction in how to structure an English lesson, teaching practice on real students.
The TEFL International Barcelona 4 week 120 hour Certificate Course: Unlike many certificate courses the TEFL International course has a very practical emphasis and deals primarily with the real skills and knowledge needed by teachers in the classroom.
The course is divided into five main areas:
Teaching Practice The most practical and fundamental area of any TEFL/TESOL course and the main reason why online and distance learning programs do not suffice. Course trainees teach real students of English and put into practice the skills learnt on the course. Our trainees start teaching in the first week and teach at least 6 full length classes during the course. These teaching practices are observed by a trained observer and straight after each class trainees have a feedback session with their observer. Foreign Language Experience The trainees receive training in an unknown foreign language to reflect on the experience of being a learner, and how this might direct their own teaching. Language Awareness
- Grammar. Covers parts of speech, simple and complex sentence elements, clauses, verb tense and aspect and voice. Conditional structures and Modal verbs. Direct and reported speech. - Phonology. Covers phonemics, word stress and intonation, sentence stress and intonation, rhythm and connected speech. Student Profile Trainees work with individual students on rapport-building, error analysis and correction and assessing student level and individual student needs. Three meetings with the student are required including transcription and error analysis and the preparation and teaching of an unobserved private class. Teaching Techniques. This component of the course covers areas such as:
- Lesson planning - Classroom management - Establishing rapport - Discipline in the classroom - Managing equipment and teaching aids - Creating materials - Correction techniques - Evaluation and testing - Teaching vocabulary - Teaching grammar - Teaching receptive skills (reading and listening) - Teaching productive skills (speaking and writing) - Games in the classroom - Songs in the classroom - Teaching beginner students - Teaching individual students - Teaching business English - Teaching young learners
Successful trainees receive an official certificate showing successful completion of the course and overall grade. They will also be issued with a Grade letter from TEFL International, reflecting upon their performance during the course.
International House Madrid (IH Madrid) in Spain offers a range of TEFL / TESOL teacher training qualifications for students from all over the world. We offer a Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course, a Cambridge DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) course and a Young Learner Certificate course for students who wish to teach English as a second language to children and teenagers. IH Madrid has over 20 years of experience in ESL teacher training.
The CELTA course is intended for those without previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with no previous training in this field. Success in the Certificate has enabled many candidates to obtain their first teaching position: the course is highly regarded by employers as providing sound initial training and a strong basis from which to develop as a teacher of English.
Cambridge ESOL has introduced a revised DELTA syllabus comprising three modules; Module One focuses on the background to teaching and learning; Module Two focuses on developing professional practice; Module Three focuses on a specialist option (e.g. Young Learners, ESP, 1-1).
Canterbury Consulting Spain will be offering a special summer TEFL course which is four weeks in duration and will begin on 30th May 2011. The course will be taught in Weeks 1 and 2 in our installations in Madrid and in Weeks 3 and 4 in our installations in the beautiful foothills of the “Picos de Europa” mountains in the province of León.
Our summer TEFL course will cover all the aspects of our regular international certification course, but will also include special instruction for teaching children and adolescents in summer and day camps and for teaching business professionals in a weekend retreat setting.
Our graduates will be working during the summer in camps ranging from onsite summer camps throughout Spain and day camps in Madrid, to teaching regular classes to business professionals and individuals in Madrid.
Get TEFL certified in beautiful Barcelona! Bridge-Linguatec graduates receive an internationally recognized 140-hour TEFL certificate preparing you to teach English worldwide. Bridge-Linguatec offers world-class Teacher Training Certificate programs designed to prepare you to join the exciting field of English training.
Graduates of our certificate programs are trained in the latest methodologies and coached in the skills necessary to teach English effectively to students from a variety of nationalities, educational levels, and often with specific requirements and needs in the language.
Located on Spain’s northern Mediterranean coast, Barcelona is one of Europe’s most-visited destinations. The cosmopolitan city boasts an astounding array of cultural, recreational, and entertainment offerings.
- The BridgeTEFL certificate is an intensive 4-week, 140-hour course that prepares you to teach English anywhere in the world.
- Graduates will finish the course with a better understanding of the English language, practical experience with a variety of teaching techniques, and confidence in the classroom.
- This comprehensive course is for candidates with no previous English teaching experience, but is also suitable for those who have some experience but no formal training in the TEFL field.
CELTA at The Institute of Modern Languages, Granada
Courses / Programs
Located in Granada, a city in south-central Spain just 90 minutes north-east of Malaga, CELTA Granada is a dynamic teacher training centre that provides the CELTA Course (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) to students from all over the world who are interested in teaching English as a Second Language.
The CELTA Certification is a 4-week intensive course which covers the essential principles of teaching English. It is aimed at candidates with little or no experience in teaching, and it introduces ideas and information which are essential in starting to teach.
The CELTA is accredited at Level 5 of the Qualification and Credit Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is also an international qualification, highly valued and renowned throughout the world.
Student accommodation is an integral part of your stay with us in Granada. Whatever your budget, age or lifestyle we can ensure that your housing needs will be fulfilled by our team. Our courses take place at the Institute of Modern Languages (IML) in the heart of Granada - a traditional, friendly, well established language school which has taught countless students for over half a century.
Accredited CELTA English Language Teacher Training:
- 4-week intensive course
- Learn the essentials of teaching English
- Hands-on teaching practice
- No experience needed
- 2 more start dates in 2015
- Internationally-recognized qualification
- Accredited at Level 5 (Qualification and Credit Framework for England, Wales & Northern Ireland)
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students living in Madrid, Barcelona, Spain, Europe, the UK, USA, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, English, Arabic, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, & more.
With locations in both Barcelona and Madrid, Oxbridge offers an intensive TEFL training course in both cities with 20+ hours real teaching practice, as well as providing English language courses to more than 800 students & 150 clients. Employment opportunities are sometimes available for some of our best TEFL students.
The Oxbridge TEFL course exceeds all internationally accepted standards for ESL teacher training. The course has been designed with the knowledge and expertise of experienced professionals with extensive teaching practice, teacher training experience and preparation in applied linguistics.
The Oxbridge TEFL course is comprehensive and includes an outline of all the different language teaching methods. It reflects the kind of teaching we will encourage you to do with your students in the classroom. You will be exposed to different lecturers, teaching styles and students, and guided by a system that uses a modern and unique approach to English teaching.
All applicants for the TEFL course need to pass through the interview process and can then be offered sponsorship. We also offer foreign language experience, job guidance and advice about developing a career as a teacher.
Intensive TEFL training course in Barcelona or Madrid:
- The programme is a 4-week intensive TEFL course, 120 hours, which includes 20+ hours of teaching practice.
- The focus is on practical teaching components with observed and guided teaching practice.
- We will provide you with exposure to all possible levels (beginners to advanced), a range of ages, different group sizes (from one-to-one teaching up to groups of 8 students) and various groups with specific purposes.