UK university courses for international students: University in England for Americans. Manchester study abroad programs, undergraduate & graduate degrees. Bachelor's & master's degrees in business, management, computer science, nursing & law.
The University of Manchester: The University of Manchester, a leading UK university, is the largest single-site higher education institution in the country and offers a wide range of undergraduate bachelor and master degree programmes to both UK and international students. The university has a world-class reputation for generating new ideas and innovations and counts over 20 Nobel prize winners among its staff and former students. Building on its historical prestige, the university aims to be listed among the world’s top 25 research universities in the world.
The university's degree programmes are career-orientated and designed with input from industry and commerce to make sure you gain the skills needed to progress in your chosen area. A number of programmes also have the option of a year in industry, which is an excellent way of broadening your experiences and preparing you for the world of work. Employers know that a graduate from Manchester will be of an extremely high standard, increasing your career prospects at the end of your degree.
Courses by subject area:
- Accounting and Finance - Aerospace Engineering - Anatomical Science - Archaeology - Architecture - Art History and Visual Studies - Audiology - Biochemistry - Biology - Biomedical Sciences - Biotechnology - Business and Management - Cell Biology - Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science - Chemistry - Civil Engineering - Classics and Ancient History - Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology - Computer Science - Criminology - Dentistry - Design - Development Studies - Drama - Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences - Economics - Education - Electrical and Electronic Engineering - English and American Studies - Genetics - Geography - Government, Politics and International Relations - History - Informatics - Law - Learning Disability - Leisure - Life Sciences - Linguistics and English Language - Materials - Mathematics - Mechanical Engineering - Medical Biochemistry - Medicine - Microbiology - Middle Eastern Studies - Modern Languages and Cultures - Molecular Biology - Music - Neuroscience - Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work - Optometry - Pharmacology - Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences - Philosophy - Physics and Astronomy - Physiology - Planning and Landscape - Plant Science - Politics - Psychology - Religions and Theology - Social Anthropology - Social Sciences - Sociology - Speech and Language Therapy - Textiles and Paper Science - Youth Work - Zoology Teaching Quality: The University of Manchester is committed to ensuring you have the best teachers and scholars who are experts in their fields, and develop skills and experience which will be fundamental to your future. We offer students the widest spread of disciplines in the UK, and we are constantly developing our courses, with advice from industry, to ensure that they remain up-to-date and relevant to employers. You can expect consistently high standards of teaching because of our strong research profile which keeps our teaching up to date with cutting edge thinking and technology.
Teaching Methods: At university, the way you learn may be different from at school or college. A stronger emphasis is placed on teaching you to apply information. This means, for example, being asked to answer questions where there's no right or wrong answer, but scope for opinion and debate. You will be encouraged to read widely, to question and analyse what you have read, and to discuss openly your own ideas in seminars and tutorials. The main teaching and assessment methods in British universities are: * Lectures * Laboratory practicals * Projects * e-Learning * Seminars and tutorials * Problem-based learning * Field trips * Continuous assessment * Examinations
International Applicants: All students, whether home or international, apply for undergraduate courses at UK universities through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
English Language Requirements: English language requirements vary by course and department, but are usually the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 – 6.5 (foundation programme 5.5). Some departments ask that the required level has been achieved before you apply for a course while other departments make conditional offers subject to applicants achieving our general entry requirement level of English language proficiency before starting the course.
Other Entry Requirements: Some courses have additional entry requirements such as previous work experience, submission of written work with the application or previous study of a particular subject. Departments sometimes have different entry requirements so it is important to check the individual course information before you apply.
English Language Support: We offer a variety of English language courses throughout the year, before and during your period of study at The University of Manchester. Students are provided with intensive pre-sessional academic English courses before joining their courses. Part-time in-sessional classes are available for international students if they require further English language support during their studies.
The University Language Centre is a UCAS centre and where advice and help for international students is available. We are a regional IELTS testing centre so students are able to prepare for and take the test at the same institution. Our summer and year-round English for Academic Purposes courses are BALEAP accredited.
Cass Business School is located in the borough of Islington in the heart of London and is the business school of City University London. We are a leading provider of business and management education. We offer seven undergraduate degree options, general or specialised, covering management, business, finance, actuarial science and risk. All undergraduate degree courses offer the option to spend a year studying abroad or working in industry. Cass Business School also offers a range of post-graduate business courses, including a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Cass draws students from more than 90 countries worldwide, and from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Our partnerships with universities around the world guarantee great opportunities and a stimulating international environment. We have more than 100 full-time academic staff and 25 visiting lecturers, many of whom are practicing professionals. Some academic staff are advisors to government, whilst others work in business.
Cass is accredited by AMBA and EQUIS and is the largest European provider of specialist MSc degrees in financial services.
Cass offers Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree courses in:
- Accounting and Finance
- Actuarial Science
- Banking and International Finance
- Business Studies
- Investment Analysis and Insurance
- Investment and Financial Risk Management
- Real Estate Finance and Investment
The University of Sussex in Brighton (1 hour south of London), England, is a leading research university offering study abroad degree programmes to undergraduate students at overseas institutions. Whether you come for a term, a summer or a whole year, benefit from taking part of your degree in a new academic and social environment. Our Study Abroad programme offers international students the chance to study at the University of Sussex, as a visiting or an exchange student.
The University of Sussex works in partnership with many of the world's leading universities and receives students from 120 countries. Around 20 per cent of our students come from outside the UK, while our teaching community comprises staff from 50 nations. We're also determined that our UK students graduate with a world view. That's why one in seven of our undergraduates spend part of their degree overseas.
Summer, Semester & Whole Year Study Abroad Programs:
- Engineering and design
- International development
- International relations
- Physics and astronomy
- Art history
- International Foundation Year
- International Summer School
- English language Programs
London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) is a world-class business school & a unique educational institution offering industry-focused undergraduate degree programmes designed to reflect global market trends. We are conveniently located in Holburn in Central London, close to Chancery Lane London Underground Tube Station on the Central Line between St. Paul's and Holborn stations.
London School of Business & Finance attracts the most talented and ambitious candidates from more than 150 countries worldwide, and we work with our corporate partners to develop programmes structured with an international perspective in mind. We offer an unrivalled portfolio of professional qualifications, as well as innovative degree programmes at undergraduate level, with the flexibility to tailor your studies to your own career aspirations.
LSBF is recognised as a global centre of excellence for business management, finance, marketing and business law, with the highest quality academic partners, corporate networks, and state-of-the-art facilities. Select from the extensive portfolio of undergraduate degrees and foundation programmes to begin carving out a successful career in the global business arena.
- Bachelor in International Business (BIS)
- BSC (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Administration
- BA (Hons) Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
- BA (Hons) Business Administration (Business Decision Making)
- BA (Hons) Business Administration (Finance & Accounting)
- BSC (Hons) Financial Management
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Financial Studies
- Global MBA
- MSc Strategic Marketing
- MSc Finance & Investment
The University of Dundee, on the east coast of Scotland, is one of the UK's leading universities, internationally recognised for its expertise across a range of disciplines including science, medicine, engineering and art. With staff from 52 different countries, international students from more than 100 countries and research and teaching connections throughout the world, the University already has a strong international focus.
Described as the largest village in Scotland, Dundee is friendly and compact. With a population of 150,000 it is not too large but has all the cultural and leisure activities you would expect in a much larger city.
London Metropolitan University is one of the foremost providers of undergraduate, postgraduate, professional and vocational education and training in Britain. Our courses are planned in consultation with employers and examining bodies in commerce, industry, the world of art and design, the financial services industries and the professions. The end result is courses that are of direct relevance to their field and of a high quality. The University is committed to social justice, equal opportunities and community involvement and has many years' experience of dealing with the needs of mature and overseas students.
Undergraduate courses - BA, BSc, & BEng, HNCs, HNDs, Foundation and Extended degrees. Postgraduate courses - MA & MSc, MPhil & PhD programmes. Further Education - City and Guilds, Access courses. Professional & Short Courses
Aberystwyth University, located 100 miles north west of Cardiff on the Welsh coast, is an independent university respected for its excellence in teaching and research offering a diverse range of postgraduate courses.
At Aberystwyth University Postgraduate Students can study a taught or research course. Taught Courses (MA, MSc, MScEcon, LLM, MBA, MRes, PG Diploma and PG Certificate) are based primarily on a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, study schools. Research Courses (PhD, MPhil and LLM by Research) are based purely or predominantly on the student's own research under the guidance of at least one supervisor.
Postgraduate Students can also choose to study full-time, part-time, by distance learning (departments of Law and Criminology and Information Studies only), externally or split degree, as a visiting student, or you can undertake non-qualification postgraduate study.
- Biological, Environmental & Rural Sciences (inc. Equine Science )
- Computer Science
- Education and Lifelong Learning
- English Literature and Creative Writing
- European Languages
- Geography and Earth Sciences
- History and Welsh History
- Information Studies
- International Politics
- Law and Criminology
- Management and Business