The University of Manchester:
The University of Manchester, a leading UK university, is the largest single-site higher education institution in the country and offers a wide range of undergraduate bachelor and master degree programmes to both UK and international students. The university has a world-class reputation for generating new ideas and innovations and counts over 20 Nobel prize winners among its staff and former students. Building on its historical prestige, the university aims to be listed among the world’s top 25 research universities in the world.
The University of Manchester is world-renowned for its academic and research excellence. With a distinguished history and exciting agenda for the future, our graduates are constantly in demand from the world's top employers. The high-quality education offered in the UK is recognised around the world, with students from more than 180 countries wanting to study at the university.
Today, we are one of the world's top centres for biomedical research, leading the search for new treatments for life-threatening diseases. We are also at the forefront of new discoveries in science and engineering. We are committed to providing a dynamic working and learning environment, where every member of our community is valued for their contribution and individuality.
Courses by subject area:
- Accounting and Finance
- Aerospace Engineering
- Anatomical Science
- Art History and Visual Studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business and Management
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work
- Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Textiles and Paper Science
The academic structure of the University of Manchester is made up of Faculties and Schools. There are four Faculties, each of which is divided into a number of Schools:
* Engineering and Physical Sciences
* Life Sciences
* Medical and Human Sciences
- The UK's most popular university, receiving more applications for undergraduate study than any other British university.
- The UK's largest single-site university.
- In the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008), Manchester was rated third in the UK behind only Oxford and Cambridge in terms of 'research power'.
- In the 2011 Shanghai Jiao Tong Ranking of the World's Top 500 Universities, Manchester was placed 38th in the world and 5th in the UK.
- No fewer than 25 Nobel Prize winners amongst our current and former staff and students.
- Guaranteed accommodation for international students.
- 4 million books in one of the best UK university libraries.
- Manchester is a truly multicultural city with a variety of cultures, traditions and ethnicities living together. Manchester has amenities for people of all backgrounds and international students are well catered for.
When you graduate from the University of Manchester, you will have more than a world-renowned qualification. You will also have developed important skills that will boost your career prospects. Employers have rated our multi-award-winning Careers Service as the best in the UK for five consecutive years (AGR/Barkers Media Audit 2002-2007). Our Careers Service is here to offer you help and advice on careers and job-hunting, as well as providing opportunities to develop the skills that employers look for.
International employers regularly come to the university to take part in our on-campus presentations, talks and workshops, as well as our mentoring scheme, which allows you to learn about your ideal job from an expert currently working in the same area. You can also learn about your dream job by completing work experience placements, projects, internships or by volunteering at home or abroad.
The university is committed to providing the best possible opportunities for students coming to Manchester for the first time. We have a wide and varied range university-managed accommodation options which are safe, affordable and convenient. For international students, there are huge benefits. The main advantage is the opportunity to live and study alongside British students.
Comprehensive guidance on applying for immigration permission (a visa) is provided by our team of specialist advisors in the International Advice Team, who are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.
Within our Crucial Guide for students, we provide a step-by-step guide to immigration for students who are planning to arrive in the UK. It includes advice on how to check if you require visa permission, how to apply for a visa and what to do if your visa application is refused.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Oxford Road, M13 9PL, Manchester, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.