Organic Tuscany Cooking School:
Located in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, Organic Tuscany Cooking School provides one-week, hands on cooking courses to participants from around the world. Our cooking classes are taught in English, but you will acquire a smattering of culinary Italian. Local chefs will guide you through the preparation of simple but delicious dishes (from Tuscany and from other Italian regions) and reveal some of their culinary secrets. Rather than cooking a "usual" meal of first course, second course and dessert we teach you several dishes on each day, so that you go home with quite an extensive repertoire!
- Small Class Sizes
We keep our groups small (maximum 9 people in the kitchen), so that everyone gets a chance to try their hand at the techniques, from making fresh egg pasta dough to turning out gorgeous little potato gnocchi.
- Varied Culinary Skills
You'll cook several dishes on each day and go home with many new tricks up your sleeve and several menus to delight your friends and family with!
- Flexible Courses and Activities
You are free to pick and choose whether you'd like to join in the cooking school activities on a particular day or not. If you fancy a day horse-riding, hot-air ballooning or just going to the beach, let us know and we'll help you do just that.
Organic Tuscan Cooking Courses:
Our week-long cooking courses are held from May to September. Traditional Tuscan and Italian recipes - fresh pastas, hearty salads, the perfect risotto and delectable desserts. Some of our cooking courses are vegetarian, and the others can be vegetarian friendly.
- Specialized Italian Cooking Classes
- Wine Tasting
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Guided Tours of Florence and Siena
- Visits to Organic Farms
• You will be staying in a magnificent 19th century Tuscan villa on a farm which has 340 acres of vineyards and olive groves. The cooking classes will take place on site, in a spacious ground floor kitchen.
• The double bedrooms in the villa are spacious and have their own keys and private bathrooms. The shared villa kitchen is separate from the ground-floor kitchen where the classes will take place, and is a lovely traditional room (with fireplace), ideal for breakfasts and for the odd time you might possibly want to prepare a light snack.
• There are several sitting rooms and dining rooms where you can relax. Find a shady corner to read in the beautiful garden, take a moment to enjoy the quiet of the chapel, or enjoy the pool with its stunning view of the vineyards in the valley below.
• We run the courses from Villa San Giuseppe, three miles outside the medieval town of Certaldo. Certaldo is a little off the usual tour routes, so its charming historic centre is refreshingly free of tourists.
• Its claim to fame is that the author of the Decameron, Giovanni Boccaccio, lived and died there. Forty minutes away are the unique art towns of Florence and Siena, and half an hour away is the little medieval gem of San Gimignano (which we can see from the garden).
• We are conveniently placed for both Florence (Amerigo Vespucci) and Pisa (Galileo Galilei) airports (50 minutes or one hour and 15 minutes drive, respectively). It is also possible to get to Certaldo by train from Rome or Milan (around 3 hours, changing in Florence).
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Certaldo, Tuscany, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.