Summer schools in Europe: Summer abroad programs for college & university students. European study abroad programs for Americans. Cooking / culinary vacations, language & cultural immersion, summer art classes in Italy, France, Spain, Germany. Summer music schools for international students in the UK, England, London, Ireland.
• Join us at Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) for an educational and cultural summer experience to remember!
• Established in 1885, AUB is a leading provider of high-quality creative arts education to UK & international students, recognised as one of the UK’s leading arts universities.
• AUB offers 3-week and 2-week specialist summer courses (UK & international students of ages 14 to 18+) in a range of fields including Animation, Fashion, Make-up, Film Making, Architecture, Portfolio Preparation for Art, Design & Media, and more. We also provide a residential programme.
• Our new course "Creative Thinking & Skills Development" is for students 18 years of age and over.
• Achieve a AUB Certificate of Attendance. Ideal for CV’s and university applications.
• Experience world-class facilities (including a large art and design library), and be supported by highly-acclaimed teaching staff while making a network of new friends from around the globe.
• Situated on the picturesque South coast, Bournemouth is renowned for its beaches and it’s cosmopolitan vibe. It’s also less than a 2 hour train ride to London.
Student Review: “AUB’s summer courses are a brilliant way to try new subjects in a new place - loved every second” - Anna, Italy
• French Summer Classes is a summer French language school in Cannes, located on the French Riviera in the South of France.
• We offer French language programs for students of all ages: adults (business professionals, university students and individuals), teenagers and children (age 6+) coming as a family or individually.
• We teach students in groups according to their age and ability. This allows student-oriented teaching and the active participation of all the students during each lesson.
• Our French language program consists of morning language classes allowing the rest of the day for leisure and recreation. In the afternoon, you may take a French intensive course or participate in the various summer activities available in the area.
• Our immersion programs provide a pleasant way of learning French while enjoying your wonderful vacation in France.
• Our French summer course for adults is available to anyone over 16 years of age. It is the best choice if you want to improve your French and have free time to experience your beautiful surroundings and the French way of life. We also offer intensive French courses and one-to-one tuition.
Student Review: "I was very satisfied with my experience. The teachers took into consideration what I wanted to learn and incorporated my learning needs into the class curriculum.
Small class sizes provided good opportunity for discussion....Overall, this was a great experience and I would strongly recommend the school!"
- Stephanie, Canada
Summer French Courses for Adults: • General French course: 20hrs / week
• Intensive French Course: 30hrs / week
• Homestay program with a French host family: 20hrs / week or 30hrs / week
• Private French lessons (also available year-round)
• French for Families: Take French lessons at the same time as your child
Summer French Courses for Children & Teenagers:
• French for beginner students (ages 6-11)
• French for non-beginner students (ages 6-11)
• French for teenagers (ages 11-17)
• Private French lessons (also available year-round)
• Marbella Design Academy is an international design school in Monda, (just 15km from Marbella) in Andalusia in the South of Spain, offering summer study programmes for students from around the world.
• All classes are held in English and in small groups. Our academy is state-recognised by the Ministry of Education in Spain.
• Our intensive summer courses offer a great opportunity to blend holiday and study. Non-European students do not need a student visa to enter Spain for our summer courses.
• You can enter on a normal tourist visa valid for 3 months. These intensive summer courses last between 2-5 weeks, depending on the subject. We also offer a 3-month design foundation course which has a June intake.
• Students come from around the world to study at our Academy, with more than 33 different nationalities represented. Special needs students (individuals with a physical disability) are also welcome to apply.
• We are in a stunning purpose-built facility approved by The Ministry of Education in Spain as complying with all the demands for a modern design academy.
Student Review: "This school is very supportive of international students, the scenery is a great inspiration and Marbella Design Academy has really opened my eyes about being on your own and working hard to achieve your goals."
- Kate, USA
• Located in the heart of Florence, Accademia Riaci provides summer art courses and culinary arts programs to students from around the world.
• One of the leading art and design academies in Italy, we offer intensive summer programs in fashion, painting & drawing, graphic design, interior design, jewelry making, ceramics, and glass art among many others.
• Our summer art, craft and design programs are taught in English or Italian or Spanish. You can choose to study for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, or 12 weeks.
• You can combine different courses. Private lessons are also available.
• Our courses are all intensive with double lesson hours, allowing you to benefit from a thorough learning experience.
• Students of all levels of experience are welcome to attend - from beginners to experienced, professional artists.
• Students completing our summer art program will work directly with distinguished Florentine artists in studio.
• The academy's faculty are top artists of each field, united by the mission of inspiring next generation artists with unique tradition & artistic knowledge.
• The student-teacher ratio is kept small to maintain the school's policy that values each students' originality and learning styles.
• You receive tailored, hands-on instruction and extensive career development. If you attend for 2 weeks or more, you may have the opportunity to earn college credit.
• We also organize cultural excursions and art visits so you get to experience the beauty of Florence.
Intensive Summer Art, Craft & Design Courses Study for 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 12 weeks
• Art Management
• Jewelry Making
• Jewelry Design
• Shoe Making
• Shoe Design
• Bag Making
• Bag Design
• Painting & Drawing
• Art History
• Interior Design
• Product Design
• Fashion Design
• Fashion Business
• Textile Design
• Graphic Design
• Glass Art
• Restoration of Paintings
• Italian Home Cooking
• Italian Language
• Enjoy Italy Course
• English Language
You can combine different courses. Private lessons and intensive courses are also available.
Hydrama Theatre & Arts Centre offers a two-week intensive Greek theatre course, as well as general theatre and drama summer programs for theatre professionals, actors, teachers, classics or drama students (adults of all ages, 18 years+).
Established in 1999, and run by experienced theatre practitioners, Hydrama offers participants a unique opportunity to train, rehearse and perform in a Greek amphitheatre on the beautiful and cosmopolitan island of Hydra (just one hour by sea from Athens).
"Acting to the Gods" is an intensive 2-week summer drama course. A maximum of 12 participants are selected for this course and we welcome a diversity of nationality, age and experience. A Certificate of Participation is awarded on successful completion of the course.
We also offer a range of summer theatre courses, workshops and training for anyone who is interested in setting up a course in Hydra. Courses are individually designed to meet participants’ requirements and combine theory with practice - as well as with leisure and cultural activities.
- "Acting to the Gods"
A 2-week intensive drama summer course now enrolling. The training methods taught are applicable and relevant to all forms of theatre.
- Theatre Study Courses, Workshops & Training including: Voice-work, Movement, Dance, Drama games, Improvisation, Character-building, Masks, Text analysis, Chorus-work. The origins and development of ancient Greek drama, Greek language & culture.
6.CEPA Foundation & Humboldt Universität Berlin - Summer University Program
Courses / Programs
The CEPA (Cultural & Educational Programs Abroad) Foundation provides summer and semester programs that are specially designed to meet the needs and academic goals of North American students. In cooperation with the prestigious Humboldt University in Berlin, we offer a 4-week summer university study abroad program. This program was designed especially for students who are interested in combining German language classes with university-level courses related to German history, politics, society and culture. All university courses are offered in a combination of German and English.
Students take a German Language Course and a German Culture and Area Studies Course. The placement test on the first day will determine which course level is required. If they prefer, students have the option to enroll in an Intensive German Language Course instead of the Culture and Area Studies Course in the afternoons. In addition to the language lessons and course, a variety of cultural field trips, visits and hands-on experiences are included.
Upon successful completion and regular attendance in the courses, each student will receive a grade certificate and 8 ECTS credits from Humboldt University. The amount of transferable credits is at the discretion of your own university regulations.
Students will be housed in shared apartments in the Berlin Lichtenberg area, which is only 30 minutes away from the university by public transportation.
- 4-week summer university study abroad program in Berlin for North American students.
* German Language Course (mornings)
* German Culture and Area Studies Course (afternoons). These courses are related to topics such as politics, society and history in Germany, Berlin and Europe.
Students have the option to enroll in an Intensive German Language Course instead of the Culture and Area Studies Course in the afternoons. Cultural field trips, visits and hands-on experiences are also included.
Learn English in Ireland this summer! With two modern campuses close to the centre of Dublin, Irish College of English (ICE) is a leading provider of year-round and summer English courses to students from around the world. Our full-time and part-time English courses are available to students of all levels - from complete beginner to advanced.
Our English language schools are ideal locations to study English. They are both within easy reach of Dublin City Centre and both are only 10 minutes from Dublin International Airport. Malahide is a beautiful and affluent coastal Dublin suburb and Swords is a large and lively suburb on the north side of the city.
ICE is an award-winning quality education provider and is recognised by the Department of Education as having year round English schools for the teaching of English as a foreign language.
Our teaching staff are experienced professionals, all with a minimum of a primary degree and a recognised TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification. They are all native English speakers.
Student Testimonial: "I can learn difficult vocabularies in this class. It's fantastic for me to study. It helps me to improve my English." - Koji, China
Summer English Courses: Taught at 7 levels from Beginner to Proficiency
- Full-time Intensive General English courses (Minimum stay of 1 week with 15 / 20 / 25 classes per week)
- Part-time General English evening classes
- Business English course / Cambridge BEC exam preparation
- Cambridge FCE, CAE & CPE exam preparation classes
- English for Au Pairs
- English & Golf - 1 week intensive course
- Private English Lessons (on request)
- International Youth Summer Programme for 12-17 year olds
- Homestay accommodation with local Irish family
Aarhus University's Summer programmes consist of a broad variety of courses, taught in English at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level.
AU Summer University welcomes Danish and international full-time students, exchange students and free movers. Along with our academic summer programmes, we offer accommodation service, visa service, and a social programme for both lecturers and students.
With more than half of its 43,000 students enrolled at Masters or PhD level, Aarhus University is a graduate university. Today more than 10 per cent of our students are international. Among our students more than 103 nationalities are represented.
9.Family-friendly Courses at France Langue & Culture on the French Riviera
Courses / Programs
• France Langue & Culture is a family-friendly language school providing French summer classes on the French Riviera for adults, seniors, families, teens & children.
• Since our school was established in 1977, thousands of adults and young people from all over the world have attended our summer language courses in Saint Raphael on the Mediterranean coastline of south-east France.
• The school director is Edmond de Saenger, a former French language professor and native to the region.
• Saint Raphael has lots to offer and is ideally situated in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (French Riviera) region, 20 km from St-Tropez, 25 km from Cannes and 60 km from Nice.
• Whether you wish to walk along sandy beaches, take a visit to nearby vineyards or the vast Provence-Alpes mountainous range, the French Riviera region has everything you are looking for.
• Besides golf, tennis, windsurfing and aerobics, which we can arrange for you through the school's auspices, we can also organise additional activities such as squash, mountain-bike riding, diving just off the coast, sailing, horseback riding and much more...
• Students receive a Certificate of Studies and Attendances at the end of your language course as long as you have very good attendance.
Testimonial: "..I would recommend it to anyone, because there is a lovely atmosphere, and the teachers are so helpful in targeting exactly what you need to improve on."
- Lizzie, UK
French summer classes for adults, seniors & families in June, July & August 2018: - 1 to 4-week sessions
• French Courses for all levels (beginner to advanced)
• General French course
• Intensive French course
• High Intensive French
• 2-week Crash Courses for absolute beginners
• French Courses for families
• Group French Courses
• Private French lessons / One-to-one tutoring with teacher
• Seminar for French language teachers
• Children's Summer camps (ages 6-17)
• French Cultural Courses (Wine tasting, excursions on the Riviera)
Spring / Winter French courses: Special one-to-one and two-to-one classes.
10.Alchimia Contemporary Jewellery School in Florence
Courses / Programs
• Alchimia is a private contemporary jewellery school located in Florence, Italy. We provide a wide range of academic, short-term intensive jewellery courses - including our innovative summer workshops and one-on-one courses in contemporary jewellery.
• We offer four short 3-day workshops. Summer courses are taught by experienced jewellery design expert.
• Our intensive jewellery courses are an excellent solution for those who have limited time to study and experiment in the area of contemporary jewellery. Available in summer and year-round, these courses are taught on a one-to-one basis.
• Each student is guided individually to ensure that lessons meet their specific need. Two different types of programmes are offered: technical and conceptual.
• Our short-term courses are aimed at beginners, jewellers wishing to learn specific techniques, teachers, professionals and students who want to have new stimulating experiences in a new environment.
• In addition to our short-term courses, we also provide Bachelor's (BFA) degree and Masters (MFA) degree courses in Jewellery Design.
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2019-04-13 were from viewers in:
West cork, Ireland;
Chehalis Washington, USA;
Santa Barbara California, USA;
You are here: School & College Search> European Summer Schools. Find admission information for some of the best summer abroad programs in Europe, in Italy, Florence, Rome, Paris, France, Madrid, Barcelona, Spain, UK, London, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland..