Portfolio schools in NYC: Art college portfolio preparation courses in Manhattan, intensive portfolio prep programs for high school students, undergraduate transfer students Art school admission requirements for international students, fine arts, interior design, architecture, visual arts & fashion design classes...
New York Art Studio (International School of Art and Design): New York Art Studio is an art academy in Midtown Manhattan, New York City and Albertson, Long Island, specializing in art portfolio preparation. With our customized portfolio preparation program, we guide each student to complete a successful portfolio for art high school, undergraduate and graduate art school admission within a short period of time.
Our studio is located on the corner of 33 St and 5th Ave with a view of the Empire State Building right across the street. It is easily accessible by public transport.
Our students have been accepted to Harvard, UPENN, other IVY Leagues, Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Cooper Union, Parsons New School of Design, Pratt, School of Visual Arts (SVA) as well as all the other art schools with excellent scores and many have received grants and scholarships.
At New York Art Studio students will have the privilege to study with the best faculty in New York. All of our instructors are active professional artists, professors or lecturer’s at major art schools in New York. Based on their expertise and experience in art portfolio preparation, we have created a customized curriculum for each targeted program for each school.
We challenge each student to be a “critical thinker” which is essential to become a successful candidate to thrive as an artist. Our portfolio preparation program is so effective that each year 100% of our students are being accepted to major art schools.
School / Office Address:333 Fifth Ave. 6Fl. Manhattan
New York City
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Founded in 2004 by two artists, the Transart Institute in Manhattan, NYC is an art school that provides a contemporary learning experience without grades or pre-formatted curricula. We offer an international low-residency Master of Fine Arts (MFA) and a practice-based PhD program for working artists in a highly individualized format.
Our students are generally working professionals with wider world experience than students from a serial undergraduate/graduate course of study. The low-residency approach, with intensive residencies, gives our students the opportunity for deeper academic experiences than within a traditional full residency context.
The innovative MFA program consists of three intensive summer residencies with lectures, workshops, critiques, seminars, performances and exhibitions in Europe and two fall residencies in New York. In the four semesters between residencies, students create their own course of study realizing individual art and research projects with the support of faculty and self-chosen artist mentors wherever they work and live.
The MPhil/PhD is a three to four year full time degree program with an average work commitment of 30 hours per week. The Degree is only offered for practice-based research (creative work) accompanied by a written thesis that contextualizes the work.
Established more than 25 years ago, TVI Actors Studio is a prestigious acting school in New York City that provides a range of acting classes, acting workshops and year-round / summer acting programs for aspiring and professional actors from throughout the U.S. and worldwide. We teach adults, teenagers and children from the age of 7. The TVI Actors Studio is conveniently located in the Actors Equity Building in the center of the NYC Film and Theatre District in Times Square, Manhattan.
Our staff of working, professional actors assists aspiring talent of all experience levels. We also offer acting classes with top casting directors, talent agents, and prominent acting coaches - the most complete, practical acting training available anywhere.
We established our New York Acting School as a practical studio where aspiring actors could learn from working professionals how to go from where they are to where they want to be. To this day, we remain the only studio that combines acting classes with one-on-one career growth assistance from our staff of professional actors. We always use the latest of modern technology available in today’s Hollywood film and television industry.
- The Hybrid Conservatory: Training & Performance: 16-week full-time program
- 2-week Summer Intensive: Professional Actor Training Program
- 5-day Industry Intensive
- 1-week Summer Acting Course for Young Actors, Children &Teens (ages 7-17)
- Classes in the fields of Acting, Auditioning, Commercial, Film, Hosting, Primetime TV, Scene Study, Stand-Up Comedy Improvisation and Young Actors Academy
The Jewelry Arts Institute (JAI) in New York has been committed to researching, preserving and teaching the jewelry making techniques of the Classical Period for over 30 years, passing on these nearly lost traditions to students from all corners of the world. Located at 22 East 49th Street in Midtown Manhattan, we teach all classical jewelry techniques in every class. These techniques are granulation in silver and 22k gold, Byzantine enameling, classical chain making, classical settings, lapidary and other related techniques.
Since all projects are taught by one-on-one demonstration, students of all levels can be enrolled in all classes. This is true for both the semester classes and the intensive workshops. We have a teacher for every five or six students so the student receives a lot of attention. If a student were to complete all of the many projects we have developed, he/she would end up with a complete background of classical jewelry techniques.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Conveniently located on West 8th Street in Lower Manhattan, between Sixth Avenue and Fifth Avenue, The New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting & Sculpture offers a range of art programs to adults and students, including a Master of Fine Art (MFA) and Certificate Program in Fine Art which mirrors the Masters Degree. We provide full and part-time programs as well as evening and weekend courses designed to suit the needs of art students from all over the world from our historical campus in the heart of Lower New York City.
For students enrolled in the full-time programs, enrolment offers the chance to combine historical practice with independent creative thought, allowing the chance to benefit from the atelier method while having the time and space to explore their own individual creative efforts.
Part-time students, who can enroll in either the Drawing Marathons (offered three times a year - in the Summer Session or in the fall and spring) or Evening & Saturday classes, get to experience the intensity and rigor offered by the School in a more condensed manner. These courses are open to both beginning and advanced artists.