Arts schools in New York: Design colleges, fashion design colleges, graphic design, digital arts schools, fine art, animation, culinary arts schools, drama schools, painting classes, beauty schools, makeup classes, airbrush/ online spray tan training in NYC, Manhattan, Queens, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Long Island, Albany..
Located in the heart of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NYC, LiloVeve Jewelry School offers fun, informative classes and workshops in the art of handcrafting jewelry. Classes include full 6-week programs, or short 2-day workshops.
Founded by a jewelry artist, the school is a professional environment for the exploration of jewelry fabrication and design.
Fields of study range from basic silversmithing and wax carving to high karat gold alloying and stone setting.
Our weekend workshops highlight specialty techniques such as filigree, enameling, granulation, chain making, and more.
Our focus is to provide an artistic and creative classroom in which to learn and explore the art of jewelry making. Small class sizes and personal attention are a hallmark.
We offer hourly rate benchtime for practice, completion of work / jewelers in need of equipment and space, students wanting to explore their own ideas in a supportive environment.
The School of the Arts at Purchase College, SUNY, located in Westchester County, 20 miles north of Manhattan, New York City, is a public Arts School offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Dance, Music, Theatre Arts & Film and Art & Design.
The School of the Arts provides the highest level of professional training to developing visual and performing artists and arts managers. Students are prepared for careers in their fields and are inspired to be engaged and innovative contributors to society. Prestigious faculties in the Conservatories of Dance, Music, and Theatre Arts & Film, and the School of Art+Design cultivate, nurture, and prepare students through rigorous and comprehensive studio practice informed by theoretical, conceptual, and historical study.
The thriving intellectual culture in the School of the Arts is enhanced by its unique and synergistic relationship with the broader College community. These vibrant performance and studio-based degree programs challenge students to be reflective and articulate, productive and entrepreneurial, and creative and innovative practitioners of their respective art forms.
One of the largest, and most successful art portfolio development schools in the United States, Oogie Art has conveniently-situated studios in Midtown Manhattan, Queens NY, and Bergen County, Northern NJ.
Through our year-round art portfolio preparation programs and art classes for elementary school through to high school students (Grades 5-12), international students & transfer students, we have helped hundreds of students to gain admission into top fine arts schools, visual arts schools & colleges of design.
Our art portfolio development classes aim to help you to create an extraordinary body of artworks that will round out your art school applications, prepare you for life in a top art college, and strengthen the impression you make on admissions & scholarship committees.
Because we have spent decades refining our approach, you can expect extraordinary admissions results: 86% of our students are admitted to their first choice college; and 100% of our students are admitted to top 50 colleges.
Our students follow a curriculum that is specifically based on their individual needs, goals and most immediate time horizons. We give each participant a simple drawing test on their first day of class to get a sense of where their strengths and weaknesses lie.
Class scheduling is extremely flexible - students register monthly, and can attend between 4-28 classes each month. An expert instructor will always be close by to answer any questions, provide guidance and demonstrate techniques.
Year-round Art & Design College Preparation Programs & Art Classes for local students in Grades 5-12, international high school & international undergrad college age students:
- Weekday, evening and weekend (Saturday) art classes in subjects that include
- Art Portfolio Prep
- AP Art Prep
- Perspective Drawing & Painting
- Figure Drawing & Painting
- Advanced Drawing & Painting
- Mixed Media & Collage
- Group Crits
- College Prep
- Film & Animation
- Fashion Design
- Business of Design..
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• The leading spray tanning specialist in the North East, Aviva Spray Tanning Academy provides in-class spray tan certification programs in a leading New York City hotel, as well as online classes for anyone who cannot attend in person..
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our quality spray tan certification programs are also available in many other locations including California, Texas, Boston, Miami, Chicago, & Seattle.
• Our courses are designed for mobile spray tanning business owners, spray tanning consultants, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• Our comprehensive short courses are ideal if you want to add spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry. Aviva will provide the knowledge, tools and resources you need to be successful in this field.
• On completion, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "I was initially spray tanning clients the wrong way..spraying up and down in a heavy mist. Now I get it and feel so much more confident! Thank you." • Maria Huaman, Owner, Sunbreeze, Middle Village, NY
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
7.The Candle Academy - Online Candle Making Courses
Courses / Programs
• With The Candle Academy, a leading candle making training provider, you can now learn to make beautiful candles from the comfort of your own home or studio in the U.S. or around the world.
• Taught by Gary Simmons from the UK - one of the top candle designers in the world - our distance learning candle making courses will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby.
• Offered through a combination of HD video demonstration, PDF files, email correspondence, and consultation with your instructor via Skype, our courses are for complete Beginners to Advanced level artists and design professionals.
• Gary Simmons also teaches on-site candle making courses at his school in Koh Samui, Thailand.
• Our unique and intensive distance learning candle making courses follow the same techniques and training methods as our face-to-face programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in person.
• Our comprehensive courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a profit and livelihood from this special profession.
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"It has been a privilege to learn from a master."
- Sam, Israel
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"I never imagined that candle making could be so exciting and challenging the course is full of information and helpful tips."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
Founded in 2003, PhotoManhattan is an established photography school in Manhattan, NYC offering excellent digital and film photography courses, private classes and free seminars as well as affordable darkroom and photo studio rentals. Introductory and advanced photographic instruction are offered at a fraction of the cost of larger institutes and schools in the area. Emphasis is given to basic topics, critical technique and control of the camera. People of all ages and capabilities are welcome.
Our photography classes are designed for students who wish to learn photography as a hobby, therefore our courses are not accredited. We are committed to the idea of photography as an accessible means of personal expression and artistic documentation.
PhotoManhattan's curriculums have been tested and improved over the years to provide solid and dynamic training to thousands of students of all levels. Whether you just want to learn how to use your camera in full manual mode, take an outdoor photography class in New York city, or master the techniques of Studio and Lighting, PhotoManhattan could be the place for you!
Bridgeview School of Fine Arts in Queens, New York City, is a professional art studio specializing in College Portfolio Preparation, Drawing, Painting and Sculpture classes for children and adults. The Bridgeview approach is based on the centuries-old techniques developed by generations of European masters. These techniques were painstakingly preserved in Russia through the 20th century while they were much forgotten in the west.
Our students win many prestigious awards, get accepted with scholarships to specialized art high schools and colleges, some even sell their own work at an early age. And those who want to pursue art as a hobby also make fast progress.