Arts schools in New York: Design colleges, fashion design colleges, graphic design, digital arts schools, fine art, animation, culinary arts schools, drama schools, painting classes, beauty schools, makeup classes, airbrush/ online spray tan training in NYC, Manhattan, Queens, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Long Island, Albany..
Located in the heart of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NYC, LiloVeve Jewelry School offers fun, informative classes and workshops in the art of handcrafting jewelry. Classes include full 6-week programs, or short 2-day workshops.
Founded by a jewelry artist, the school is a professional environment for the exploration of jewelry fabrication and design.
Fields of study range from basic silversmithing and wax carving to high karat gold alloying and stone setting.
Our weekend workshops highlight specialty techniques such as filigree, enameling, granulation, chain making, and more.
Our focus is to provide an artistic and creative classroom in which to learn and explore the art of jewelry making. Small class sizes and personal attention are a hallmark.
We offer hourly rate benchtime for practice, completion of work / jewelers in need of equipment and space, students wanting to explore their own ideas in a supportive environment.
The School of the Arts at Purchase College, SUNY, located in Westchester County, 20 miles north of Manhattan, New York City, is a public Arts School offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Dance, Music, Theatre Arts & Film and Art & Design.
The School of the Arts provides the highest level of professional training to developing visual and performing artists and arts managers. Students are prepared for careers in their fields and are inspired to be engaged and innovative contributors to society. Prestigious faculties in the Conservatories of Dance, Music, and Theatre Arts & Film, and the School of Art+Design cultivate, nurture, and prepare students through rigorous and comprehensive studio practice informed by theoretical, conceptual, and historical study.
The thriving intellectual culture in the School of the Arts is enhanced by its unique and synergistic relationship with the broader College community. These vibrant performance and studio-based degree programs challenge students to be reflective and articulate, productive and entrepreneurial, and creative and innovative practitioners of their respective art forms.
• The leading spray tanning specialist in the North East, Aviva Spray Tanning Academy provides in-class spray tan certification programs in a leading New York City hotel, as well as online classes for anyone who cannot attend in person..
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our quality spray tan certification programs are also available in many other locations including California, Texas, Boston, Miami, Chicago, & Seattle.
• Our courses are designed for mobile spray tanning business owners, spray tanning consultants, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• Our comprehensive short courses are ideal if you want to add spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry. Aviva will provide the knowledge, tools and resources you need to be successful in this field.
• On completion, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "I was initially spray tanning clients the wrong way..spraying up and down in a heavy mist. Now I get it and feel so much more confident! Thank you." • Maria Huaman, Owner, Sunbreeze, Middle Village, NY
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
5.New York Art Studio - Portfolio Prep, Visual Art Classes in Manhattan
Courses / Programs
New York Art Studio: International School of Art and Design is a preparatory institution dedicated to art and design education and career building. NYART welcomes both domestic and international students to foster a multi-cultural learning environment.
We challenge our students to be critical thinkers and help them succeed in their future academic and professional careers as artists. Our distinctive Portfolio Preparation Courses have successfully helped students with admissions to the best art and design schools in the US and UK for more than 15 years.
- Undergraduate Portfolio Prep (Regular / Intensive)
- Graduate Portfolio Prep (Regular / Intensive)
- SUMMER PORTFOLIO INTENSIVE CAMP (4 / 8 / 12 weeks)
- Art High School Portfolio Prep
- Art Competition / AP Art Studio Prep
- Career Portfolio Prep
- Visual Arts Class for All Ages
- F1 Visa Program (Portfolio Prep / Visual Arts / Private Lessons)
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
7.Online Candle Making Classes for New York City & NY residents
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in New York with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in New York, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
Conveniently located on West 8th Street in Lower Manhattan, between Sixth Avenue and Fifth Avenue, The New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting & Sculpture offers a range of art programs to adults and students, including a Master of Fine Art (MFA) and Certificate Program in Fine Art which mirrors the Masters Degree. We provide full and part-time programs as well as evening and weekend courses designed to suit the needs of art students from all over the world from our historical campus in the heart of Lower New York City.
For students enrolled in the full-time programs, enrolment offers the chance to combine historical practice with independent creative thought, allowing the chance to benefit from the atelier method while having the time and space to explore their own individual creative efforts.
Part-time students, who can enroll in either the Drawing Marathons (offered three times a year - in the Summer Session or in the fall and spring) or Evening & Saturday classes, get to experience the intensity and rigor offered by the School in a more condensed manner. These courses are open to both beginning and advanced artists.
Founded in 2004 by two artists, the Transart Institute in Manhattan, NYC is an art school that provides a contemporary learning experience without grades or pre-formatted curricula. We offer an international low-residency Master of Fine Arts (MFA) and a practice-based PhD program for working artists in a highly individualized format.
Our students are generally working professionals with wider world experience than students from a serial undergraduate/graduate course of study. The low-residency approach, with intensive residencies, gives our students the opportunity for deeper academic experiences than within a traditional full residency context.
The innovative MFA program consists of three intensive summer residencies with lectures, workshops, critiques, seminars, performances and exhibitions in Europe and two fall residencies in New York. In the four semesters between residencies, students create their own course of study realizing individual art and research projects with the support of faculty and self-chosen artist mentors wherever they work and live.
The MPhil/PhD is a three to four year full time degree program with an average work commitment of 30 hours per week. The Degree is only offered for practice-based research (creative work) accompanied by a written thesis that contextualizes the work.
Located in midtown Manhattan, Studio Jewelers is licensed by the New York State Education Department and is one of the most progressive jewelry schools in New York. Studio We have been teaching people the art and business of jewelry creation with their jewelry classes since 1979. We offer full & part time courses, day, evening and weekend. We offer courses in Metal Fabrication, Jewelry Repair, Wax Modeling / Casting, Design, Diamond (stone)Setting, & Pearl/Bead Stringing.
Whether you are looking for a career in jewelry making or simply want to learn as a hobby, our continuous jewelry classes and flexible scheduling at our school make it easy to start learning right away. Approved for veterans, financial aid is also available for those who qualify. Our courses are open to the general public, students must be at least 17 years of age. International students accepted.