Fashion design courses in Canada: Fashion school in Saskatchewan, online certificate & diploma programs in fashion design & pattern-making in Saskatoon. Distance education fashion courses for students in Vancouver BC, Toronto, Mississauga ON, Edmonton, Calgary AB..
Academy Of Fashion Design: Located in beautiful downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, the Academy of Fashion Design is a two-year fashion school designed to prepare students for careers in Fashion Design, Pattern Drafting, Tailoring, Merchandising/Buying, and Entrepreneurship in the Fashion or Garment Industry. We provide on-site, and distance learning Fashion Diploma & Certificate courses. The Academy helps to prepare students for the many challenges which they will face either working in the fashion industry or operating a business of their own.
Certificate of Fashion Design (on-location) The focus in the Certificate Program is on custom fitting, garment construction, pattern making, textiles and design principles as well as exploring your own fashion creativity. After successfully completing this eight month program the students will have learned the skills necessary for custom designing and fitting such garments as skirts, tops, dresses, pants and shirts.
Diploma of Fashion Design (on-location) The second year of training at the Academy of Fashion Design advances the skills learned in the Certificate Program and teaches you about computer drafting, industrial production, sourcing and marketing. In this eight months of training, you are the "Designer". Using all of the skills and knowledge from first year, you are now able to use your artistic and creative abilities to produce unique, one of a kind designs.
Correspondance / Distance Learning Fashion Programs: - Certificate of Fashion Design - Certificate of Patternmaking - Diploma of Fashion Design
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD)
Courses / Programs
The Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic college of creative applied arts. Our small, intimate campus is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC, near major bus routes and steps away from the Skytrain.
VCAD offers a range of Art and Design diploma programs in fields including fashion, graphic design, interior design, and animation. Our Applied Arts curriculum has been developed to ensure that our graduates are successful in meeting the employment requirements of these industries.
By the end of their studies, graduates will have developed the expertise needed to create a professional portfolio that showcases their creativity and talent while displaying the skill set that employers look for.
VCAD maintains close ties with the fashion, graphic design and video gaming industries to continually assess our curriculum and gain insight about industry needs.
Note: Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
- 3D Modelling, Animation Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Visual Effects Art & Design
- Game Development and Design
- Mobile Game Development and Design
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Design (Specialization in Marketing)
- Marketing and Merchandising for Fashion
If you are looking to free your imagination with a career that involves a passion for creativity, LaSalle College Vancouver can provide you with the skills to launch your career. Students are able to follow their passions and satisfy their vision of design. We provide you with the knowledge and resources to push your limits, maximize your learning and fully develop your talent. We strive to stimulate the creative force of each student and prepare the student to meet the needs of the industry.
We offer Diploma programs in Fashion Design & Merchandising, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Animation, and Jewellery Design. Our aim is to provide our students with training to assist them to acquire the skills and techniques required in today's design industry.
Our small class sizes enhance the student’s learning opportunities and provide extensive student/instructor interaction. We provide a supportive, nurturing learning environment with industry experienced instructors. LaSalle College Vancouver is fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of British Columbia.
Nimbus School of Recording Arts Ltd is a music and recording industry training school in downtown Vancouver BC in Canada. We offer a range of 8 and 12-month Certificate and Diploma programs in courses such as Music Business, Advanced Music Production, and Beats & Urban Music Production among others. Our students are taught in classes of six students to ensure individual attention and hands-on instruction. They are mentored by world class music producers and engineers and taught using our practical, proven & accredited curriculum.
Students will benefit from hands-on experience with Solid State Logic consoles (we are the only school in Western Canada with SSL Consoles), Studer analog multitracks, ProTools HD digital workstations and a vast selection of processors, mics, amps, vintage keys and guitars. Students have access to our facilities 24 / 7!
Our courses start in January, May and September. You must be over 19 years of age or a high school graduate to apply. Nimbus School of Recording Arts holds accreditation by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of BC, British Columbia Education Quality Assurance and Avid.
The Beauty Box by Sheriff - Professional Makeup Classes in MB & Canada
Courses / Programs
• The Beauty Box by Sheriff is Canada's #1 MUA School & Beauty Retailer.
• Situated in south downtown Winnipeg MB, The Beauty Box by Sheriff is a professional academy of makeup art that provides high-quality makeup classes and makeup artist certification programs.
• Due to high demand, we provide makeup classes in a range of locations throughout Canada through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps.
• Our mobile makeup classes are available in Brandon, Thompson, The Pas and Steinbach MB; Edmonton, Calgary, and Lethbridge in Alberta; Vancouver and Victoria in BC; Regina and Saskatoon in Saskatchewan; Montreal in Quebec; Fredericton in NB; and Halifax in Nova Scotia.
We also offer mobile makeup classes in the following cities in Ontario: Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, North York, Vaughan, Etobicoke, London, Scarborough, Pickering, Barrie, Kenora, Thunderbay ON.
• Taught by highly-experienced instructors, our makeup bootcamps aim to mould a novice student into a professional makeup artist.
• We offer financing to qualified students, and pass along job opportunities to our graduates who are offered work experience (and occasionally paid employment) in our cosmetics retail stores.
• "After researching various makeup programs, I decided to attend Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Winnipeg MB. It was a wise choice that assisted me in gaining my dream career right after graduating the program. My portfolio assisted me in standing out from my competition.." Sandra
With campuses in Toronto & Montreál, Recording Arts Canada (RAC) is a leader in professional training for Sound and Music Recording, Digital Media and Game Design, offering full and part time options for domestic and international students. We provide an inspiring learning experience for those who believe they were meant to be creative. Students from across North America and around the world come to RAC for the opportunity to learn how to create impressive sounds, digital content, and interactive games.
We believe that our practical approach to learning and our close link to the Digital Arts industries and professionals offer our students a competitive edge in finding rewarding careers upon graduation. All programs are 60% practical and 40% lectures. In addition to the careers in the music business, RAC's Digital Music and Sound Recording grads find employment in the computer and digital media industries.