Summer arts programs in Connecticut for adults: Short summer courses in creative writing, music, visual arts, theatre for adult learners. Residential summer programs for adults in Stamford, Fairfield CT, one hour north of NYC, close to White Plains, Westchester County..
Mayapple Center for the Arts and Humanities: Are you searching for a quality summer arts program for adults in the CT / NYC area? The Mayapple Center provides 5-day summer programs in the fields of music, creative writing, theatre, visual arts, and humanities. Situated in Stamford CT (just one hour north of NYC), our summer programs are open to adults ages 18+ with two years of college experience, and are taught by leading specialists in their respective fields. Our diverse programs are offered in a retreat environment where the distractions of quotidian life are suspended, freeing participants and faculty to pursue artistic and intellectual passions.
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Summer & Year-Round Arts Programs:
- 5-day summer programs for adults in the fields of music, creative writing, humanities, visual arts & theatre
- Weekend programs for primary & college students aimed to increase cultural literacy
- 30 day residencies for artists & scholars
- Humanitarian retreats for individuals that focus on therapy; these retreats are staffed by volunteers & are tuition-free
- Humanities forums that discuss the state of the arts & humanities and propose creative solutions to 21st century issues
- Study abroad programs to promote study of the arts & humanities
Penobscot Language School - Adult Summer English Immersion Program, Maine
Courses / Programs
Penobscot Language School in Rockland, Maine, is a unique non-profit center for language learning and international exchange offering summer English courses for adults. Each July and August we invite English language students from around the world to spend three weeks speaking English and exploring life in our small friendly community here on the beautiful Maine coast.
If you appreciate the value of a true English immersion, we would love to have you join us. The key to our success is the pleasure and excitement of meeting and learning from each other. This motivates an intense conversation in which you learn English through listening and active participation.
The goal of the Summer English Program for adults is maximum English acquisition. Three hours of class each weekday, 24/7 conversational immersion, speakers, individual tutorials, outdoor activities, meals and homestay are all pieces of this full immersion. Our courses are designed for international adults who have basic English skills and a serious interest in building confidence and fluency.
• Kaplan International offer summer English courses for adults in the USA. Our English schools are located in New York City; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Huntington Beach, California; Miami, Florida; Boston area, Massachusetts; Seattle area, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois; and Washington DC.
• All of our ESL schools in the USA offer Vacation English courses. Vacation English is our least intensive course option, helping you to improve your English language skills but leaving you with plenty of free time for sightseeing and leisure activities.
• Students take 20 General English classes per week. The course is designed for students over the age of 16 with elementary to advanced levels of English. Courses last from 2 - 52 weeks and begin every Monday.
• In addition to our Vacation English programs, we offer summer and year-round courses in General English, Intensive English, TOEFL and Academic English, Business English and GRE & GMAT exam preparation for international students.
• Join us in 2024 for our highly-immersive and exciting foreign language summer programs for kids and teens in The Woodlands in the North Houston area.
• Students attend our summer camps from The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Tomball, Humble, Porter, Kingwood, Atascocita, New Caney, Montgomery County, and surrounding Houston area.
• Crossing Borders provides quality English and Spanish language summer camps for kids and high school teens ages 4-16 years old, as well as German & French summer camps for kids and teens 9-16 years old.
• Offered during the months of June, July and August, our summer language immersion camps are designed to give children & teenagers a unique opportunity to spend their summer break having fun learning or improving in a second or third language.
• In our Spanish summer camps, children are grouped according to age, level, and language proficiency.
• They learn in full Spanish immersion from one of our native Spanish speakers. They take part in arts & crafts, play games, and learn Spanish in a fun, interactive setting.
• Our programs have very specific goals while creating dynamic, energetic classes with emphasis on the target language by using our immersion strategies.
Student Review: "I'm finishing my time here, but I don't want to go without first say thanks to you and your team Crossing Borders...Each class that I have attended was excellent. I feel like I have had the best summer months." - Spanish Student
PAST is a non-profit educational and research team that puts together partnerships on compelling projects in Anthropology and makes the work available to students and the public through field schools, documentary film and interactive web access. Based in Columbus, Ohio, PAST started as a non-profit organization in 2000 founded by an international Board of Trustees who have devoted volumes of time to seeing that the mission of PAST is achievable.
Working with the Board of Trustees are professionals from around the world. Added to our trustees and volunteer staff are a handful of research associates – the everyday archaeologists and research scientists who join with PAST to take their work to the public. Founded to promote partnerships between anthropologists and educators, PAST successfully initiated and implemented projects throughout the United States.
Summer School Programs with Field Study covering topics such as Cultural Landscapes; Cave Ecology; Urban Gardening & Distribution; Shipwrecks and Maritime Archaeology; Marine Ecosystems; Forensic Anthropology.
The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Courses / Programs
Study English at a top U.S. university this summer!
• Based just 15 minutes north of Downtown Baltimore (on the East Coast of the United States),the English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University provides an 8-week English language immersion summer camp for non-native English speaking adults and college-age students. We also offer our 8-week intensive English programs year-round as well as a TOEFL Test Preparation course.
• Full-time students study in class for 20 hours a week, and also work with classmates on projects outside of class and in the community. Part-time students have a variety of class options to fit their schedule.
• The English Language Institute summer program is an excellent course for international students from around the world who wish to improve their English language skills for academic and career advancement. We offer a wide range of modern facilities for our English students on our university campus.
Student Reviews: "The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English, the classes are interesting and the staff really helps you to reach your goal - whatever it is." - Mark, Switzerland
"After learning English at the ELI, I have made big progress in English listening, speaking, reading and writing. My TOEFL score progressed from 490 to 567. The teachers here are very nice." - Yaoping, China
Unlock your internalDrive and gain a competitive advantage in college and beyond! iD Tech Camps offers 1-week tech-related summer camps for students ages 7-17. In addition, iD Tech Academies, including the iD Programming Academy in New Jersey, provide intensive, pre-college programs for teens ages 13-18. iD Tech Camps technology education programs are held at 80 elite universities throughout the nation, and New Jersey programs take place in universities such as Princeton, Seton Hall, Montclair State, and Rider.
The NJ summer camps offered by iD Tech Camps immerse students in the collegiate experience. Students build STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills in the tech labs, eat in the university dining hall, explore campus, and make new friends. Overnight campers sleep right in the college dorms. iD Tech Camps guarantees small class sizes (student-instructor ratio of 8:1) and uses professional, brand-name products at each summer camp. Students are provided with a computer for the duration, and are instructed by a qualified and experienced adult-only staff.
“Camp was extremely organized and structured; camper and parent-friendly. Also, excellent online resources for visibility into course content.” - Margaret T., Parent, Princeton University