Summer arts programs in Connecticut for adults: Short summer courses in creative writing, music, visual arts, theatre for adult learners. Residential summer programs for adults in Stamford, Fairfield CT, one hour north of NYC, close to White Plains, Westchester County..
Mayapple Center for the Arts and Humanities: Are you searching for a quality summer arts program for adults in the CT / NYC area? The Mayapple Center provides 5-day summer programs in the fields of music, creative writing, theatre, visual arts, and humanities. Situated in Stamford CT (just one hour north of NYC), our summer programs are open to adults ages 18+ with two years of college experience, and are taught by leading specialists in their respective fields. Our diverse programs are offered in a retreat environment where the distractions of quotidian life are suspended, freeing participants and faculty to pursue artistic and intellectual passions.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Summer & Year-Round Arts Programs:
- 5-day summer programs for adults in the fields of music, creative writing, humanities, visual arts & theatre
- Weekend programs for primary & college students aimed to increase cultural literacy
- 30 day residencies for artists & scholars
- Humanitarian retreats for individuals that focus on therapy; these retreats are staffed by volunteers & are tuition-free
- Humanities forums that discuss the state of the arts & humanities and propose creative solutions to 21st century issues
- Study abroad programs to promote study of the arts & humanities
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Immerse yourself this spring or summer in the exciting world of candle making, encaustic art, and wax painting with an intensive course in Jamaica (new location information to follow. Contact us for details of accommodation).
• The Candle Academy offers summer and year-round courses taught by Gary Simmons - one of the world's top candle designers and encaustic art specialists.
• The Candle Academy is a leading candle making school for U.S. & global students. Its qualifications in the candle business offer you the creative, technical and commercial skills you need to profit from this profession.
• In addition to our on-site programs, students may also study via distance learning, with candle making courses taught Live via Skype and email correspondence.
"Lessons are step by step and easy to learn. Fantastic inspiration to get motivated in the art of candle making."
- Alexandra, France
"Even being an existing candlemaker for many years, I was very inspired."
- Mel, Australia
iD Tech Camps offers immersive technology summer camp programs for kids and teens in over 80 prestigious universities in the USA, including Wesleyan University in Middletown CT, University of Bridgeport in Bridgeport CT, and Yale University in New Haven CT. Weeklong day camps and overnight camps are available for kids & teens ages 7-17. Additionally, iD Tech Academies (including the iD Programming and iD Film Academies) provide 2-week long overnight programs for teens ages 13-18.
Choose from a wide variety of exciting course topics - Game Design, Web Design, Coding, Programming Modding, and Robotics among others. Discover how your technical talents and scientific passions can lead to a future career. These comprehensive week-long sessions include personalized technology instruction and a variety of fun summer camp activities.
With 8 students maximum per instructor, iD Tech Camps customizes the curriculum around each individual participant. Students build STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills in the tech labs, eat in the university dining hall, explore campus, and make new friends.
“An absolutely unforgettable experience I will NEVER forget. Great instructors, camp director and technology…I deem iD Tech Camps the best camp EVER!” - Tristan P., Student, Wesleyan University
PAST is a non-profit educational and research team that puts together partnerships on compelling projects in Anthropology and makes the work available to students and the public through field schools, documentary film and interactive web access. Based in Columbus, Ohio, PAST started as a non-profit organization in 2000 founded by an international Board of Trustees who have devoted volumes of time to seeing that the mission of PAST is achievable.
Working with the Board of Trustees are professionals from around the world. Added to our trustees and volunteer staff are a handful of research associates – the everyday archaeologists and research scientists who join with PAST to take their work to the public. Founded to promote partnerships between anthropologists and educators, PAST successfully initiated and implemented projects throughout the United States.
Summer School Programs with Field Study covering topics such as Cultural Landscapes; Cave Ecology; Urban Gardening & Distribution; Shipwrecks and Maritime Archaeology; Marine Ecosystems; Forensic Anthropology.
• Kaplan International offer summer English courses for adults in the USA. Our English schools are located in New York City; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Huntington Beach, California; Miami, Florida; Boston area, Massachusetts; Seattle area, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois; and Washington DC.
• All of our ESL schools in the USA offer Vacation English courses. Vacation English is our least intensive course option, helping you to improve your English language skills but leaving you with plenty of free time for sightseeing and leisure activities.
• Students take 20 General English classes per week. The course is designed for students over the age of 16 with elementary to advanced levels of English. Courses last from 2 - 52 weeks and begin every Monday.
• In addition to our Vacation English programs, we offer summer and year-round courses in General English, Intensive English, TOEFL and Academic English, Business English and GRE & GMAT exam preparation for international students.
The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Courses / Programs
Study English at a top U.S. university this summer!
• Based just 15 minutes north of Downtown Baltimore (on the East Coast of the United States),the English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University provides an 8-week English language immersion summer camp for non-native English speaking adults and college-age students. We also offer our 8-week intensive English programs year-round as well as a TOEFL Test Preparation course.
• Full-time students study in class for 20 hours a week, and also work with classmates on projects outside of class and in the community. Part-time students have a variety of class options to fit their schedule.
• The English Language Institute summer program is an excellent course for international students from around the world who wish to improve their English language skills for academic and career advancement. We offer a wide range of modern facilities for our English students on our university campus.
Student Reviews: "The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English, the classes are interesting and the staff really helps you to reach your goal - whatever it is." - Mark, Switzerland
"After learning English at the ELI, I have made big progress in English listening, speaking, reading and writing. My TOEFL score progressed from 490 to 567. The teachers here are very nice." - Yaoping, China
Broadreach College, the college division of Broadreach, offers accredited summer courses abroad for college students in the Caribbean, Latin America, South Africa & many more locations. Located in Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina and backed by nineteen years of experience in running educational programs for thousands of young adults, Broadreach College combines the finest elements of experiential learning, traditional classroom learning and service learning with international travel and cultural exchange to provide extraordinary expeditions and study abroad opportunities. Our most popular programs include ecology and conservation, marine sciences, language and culture programs, wilderness and outdoor leadership.
Students begin each course with an orientation to the host country and culture as well as an introduction to other members of the group. This orientation typically lasts a couple of days and often includes an adventure activity unique to that particular location. After program orientation, students immerse themselves in the academic topic. Students will explore unique environments and cultures while studying exciting areas & learning critical know-how and skills.