Summer abroad programs in Europe: Summer leadership program in Switzerland for high school students, ecology/ environmental studies summer course taught in English for Americans/ international students. Find residential summer courses for secondary school teens close to Montreaux, Lausanne, Geneva..
TASIS - The American School in Switzerland: TASIS - The American School in Switzerland is an international boarding school in the Swiss Alps that provides a 5-week summer leadership program for English speaking students (ages 14-18) from around the world. The TASIS Ecological Leadership Action Program (TELAP) is a challenging educational summer experience which carefully coordinates physical, emotional, intellectual, and ethical development. The course features various workshops and team-building activities that mostly take place outdoors. At the conclusion of the program, participants put into action what they have learned by means of a planned eco-action project in a European country. Our summer programs are set in the picturesque alpine village of Château-d’Oex, in the heart of French-speaking Switzerland. The village is 1 hour east of Lausanne, and is situated high in the Swiss Alps.
TASIS is an American international boarding school in Switzerland offering programs for students age 12-19. The school is accredited by both the European Council of International Schools (ECIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Why Choose the TASIS Ecological Leadership Action Program?
- Project-Based Learning Project-based learning activities encourage respect for self and others, environmental stewardship, and leadership skills that carry over into other important aspects of a young person’s life.
- Expert Tutors Our team of experts in their respective fields strive to make a world-class program
- Ecological Principles We aim to teach young people to be change agents for the health of the planet’s ecosystems and social communities, as well as their own health and well-being.
Leadership Program for English-Speaking Students:
Our TELAP program carefully coordinates physical, emotional, intellectual, and ethical development.
TASIS Ecological Leadership Action Program (TELAP) - 5 week program
- for English-speaking students ages 14-18
International Language Camps, French Alps, close to Geneva
Courses / Programs
• International Language Camps is a European camp for children and teenagers ages 7 to 17 years old from around the world.
• The camps take place in Megève, a French ski resort in the Savoy Alps (French Alps), close to the Swiss and Italian borders. The nearest international airport is Geneva (only 75km away, and we can provide transfers from the airport).
• We offer holidays and vacations with a multitude of activities and a complete language teaching program, all in the heart of the French Alps.
• Our summer and winter camps give children the possibility to develop their linguistic skills in French or English and discover new activities and cultures.
• Our language programs offer an opportunity to learn a foreign language but also encourage campers to discover new cultures, to make new friends from around the world , to value different activities, to learn to live and work with others, to get involved with an international community and, most importantly, to blossom with this success.
• Everything is designed to establish an atmosphere of confidence and we encourage the campers to be active in their own learning, creating the desire to continue to learn and to communicate.
“Awesome camp! Super coaches! Varied activities! Fun guaranteed anytime during the summer! A unique opportunity to make new friends from other countries. Be prepared: you will want to go back...many times!" - Nicolas, age 16
• Since 2001, we have taught more than 2,000 children and adults aged between 3 and 90 to speak and write Mandarin.
• Hua Hsia Chinese School is one of the UK's leading Chinese language schools, with branches in Hampstead in the borough of Camden in North Central London, and Southgate in the borough of Enfield in North London.
• This summer, Hua Hsia is offering fantastic week-long Chinese activity and culture camps for children ages 3 and up.
• All of our summer activities place an emphasis on the learning of Chinese language and culture. Our camp uses innovative teaching methods and fun activities to generate children’s interests in learning Chinese.
• Our experienced teachers with CRBs will help the children to explore Chinese language and culture, and even gain some Chinese learning methods.
• We are partially-funded by the Taiwanese government, so experienced Chinese Masters from Taiwan will guide our students to explore Chinese art, practice their physical strength, and practice the Chinese language through fun activities.
• We believe that learning Mandarin cannot be separated from learning Chinese culture, so our dedicated kids summer camp offers students the ideal opportunity to practice their Chinese and experience Chinese culture.
Aiglon College is an accredited, English-speaking international boarding school for boys and girls ages 9 to 18 years. Aiglon offers the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams in middle school. We also offer the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma program to sixth form students.
Conveniently located in Switzerland, Central Europe (just 90 minutes from Geneva International Airport), Aiglon offers a well-rounded education to students in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented.
In both Junior and Senior Schools, courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers. Exam results are important, but so is the need for independent learning skills so that Aiglon pupils will flourish at university.
Aiglon College meets the demanding standards required for UK, Swiss and International schools. We participate in accreditation and inspection programmes through the UK independent schools inspection system, the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
• Leading specialists in summer sports camps and sports tours, Let Me Play provides quality sports camps in Loughborough University, Leicestershire, in the East Midlands of England.
• Our residential and non-residential summer camps are open to boys and girls. Camps include Basketball (ages 10-21), Football, and Athletics (ages 10-18).
• We also provide optional English language lessons alongside the sports camps, as well as a stand-alone English language camp for juniors and international high school teenagers.
• As well as sports and language camps, we also offer a summer transition camp for pupils moving from primary into secondary school.
• We take sport seriously and our coaches are there to help each individual develop, enjoy and reach his/her maximum potential. Our camps are a fantastic experience for young people of all ages and all abilities.
Parent Review: “This is just a short note to say a big BIG thank you to the whole team, for your time, effort, warm and fun approach, engagement, humour, and professionalism. My son had a wonderful time” - Parent of Basketball Camp Participant, France
• ISSOS offers summer school programs for international students aged between 13 - 18 years of age in July and August in St. Andrews University.
• St Andrews is situated on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow. We also run a summer school in Cambridge, England.
• ISSOS offers teenagers a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging environment while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Our 3-week summer school programs are all-inclusive.
• We limit the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience. International students come from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities, creating a multicultural atmosphere.
• Students study one academic subject and one elective subject. In addition, we provide a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games.
• Students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews.
Student Review: "There is one word that describes ISSOS, amazing! ISSOS is an exceptional school and the staff work perfectly together. The social activities are great, a brilliant way of getting to know students from other classes and electives." - Axel, Finland
The International School of Berne, Switzerland is an accredited international day-school that offers semester or year-long homestay study abroad programs for high school students ages 14 to 19 (Grades 8 - 12). Located just 3 miles east of the Swiss capital Berne, approximately 1 hour south-west of Zurich, the school provides an English-language education for children of over 40 nationalities. Our school year extends from August until June and we now offer a study abroad program incorporates the International Baccalaureate (IB), one of the premier college preparatory education programs in the world.
Our program is an exclusive, innovative and premier study abroad option in Switzerland. During your semester or year, you will become an extended member of your local host family. You can choose to live with an English speaking family, or do a French or German language homestay immersion.
Our dedication to excellence in international education has been part of the school drive to develop as an International Baccalaureate World School. The school's IB Diploma program was established in 1997 and we are one of only 130 IB schools worldwide authorised to offer all three IB programs.
Semester / Year-long Homestay Study Abroad Programs
- Grades 8 - 12 (ages 14 - 19)
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- English, French or German speaking homestay (stay with a local Swiss family)
- Visa application assistance
Our academic program includes:
- Language and Literature: English, French and German
- Language B: English, French and German