Summer abroad programs in Europe: Summer leadership program in Switzerland for high school students, ecology/ environmental studies summer course taught in English for Americans/ international students. Find residential summer courses for secondary school teens close to Montreaux, Lausanne, Geneva..
TASIS - The American School in Switzerland: TASIS - The American School in Switzerland is an international boarding school in the Swiss Alps that provides a 5-week summer leadership program for English speaking students (ages 14-18) from around the world. The TASIS Ecological Leadership Action Program (TELAP) is a challenging educational summer experience which carefully coordinates physical, emotional, intellectual, and ethical development. The course features various workshops and team-building activities that mostly take place outdoors. At the conclusion of the program, participants put into action what they have learned by means of a planned eco-action project in a European country. Our summer programs are set in the picturesque alpine village of Château-d’Oex, in the heart of French-speaking Switzerland. The village is 1 hour east of Lausanne, and is situated high in the Swiss Alps.
TASIS Ecological Leadership Action Program (TELAP) - Duration: 5 weeks - for English-speaking students ages 14-18
Environmental Studies & Ecology Students attend theoretical and practical sessions with ecological experts in their specific field.
Physiological Wellness & Nutrition Understand how our bodies work and factors which determine physical fitness is an important part of this program.
First Aid & Rescue and Wilderness Survival Skills The program includes theoretical and practical instruction by an expert emergency-rescue practitioner in basic First-Aid skills, including CPR techniques. Outdoor Adventures & Team-Building Activities Throughout the program, time is dedicated every day to outdoor physical activities such as:
- Hiking and biking mountain trails - Climbing, rock-climbing, and glacier-walking - Canoeing, whitewater rafting, and kayaking - Instruction on the basics of sailing - Swimming, tennis, and horseback-riding - Selective team-building exercises with obstacle courses and multiple high & low ropes courses - Map work and orienteering workshops, including GPS instruction
Photography, Film-Making, Journalism & Social-Media Workshops - How to use a digital camera to take high-quality photographs. - How to film, edit, and choose video content to make one’s own videos. - How to report events, issues, and trends through newspaper and magazine articles. - How to use web-based technologies to interact, share, and communicate with the media and greater public for social effectiveness.
Situated just 5 minutes from Zurich International Airport in north-east Zurich, Switzerland, International School Zurich North (ISZN) is a multi-cultural, day IB World School that provides education in English to students ages 0-18.
Affiliated to Cambridge IGCSE and GCSE Board of Exams, we maintain a high standard level of education for both local and expat children in Zurich.
As a private international school, we are outstanding when it comes for education, curriculum and personal development of a child. With a 1:8 staff to student ratio, it is easy for teachers to deliver individual attention to each child.
We have 40+ highly-qualified teachers at ISZN. With English being the primary mode of communication and language; we have teachers who have taught in different countries and are acquainted with diverse cultures and students.
Our teachers have 100+ combined years of teaching experience that makes the ISZN foundation of learning strong.
• Reach Cambridge offers UK & international high school students the opportunity to gain an invaluable academic experience through a spring or summer course in one of the top educational facilities in the world.
• We provide unique and academically-rigorous residential programmes for students ages 14-18.
• Located just 50 miles north of London, students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Our challenging and vibrant courses are designed to provide unique introductions to your favourite academic subjects at University level.
• As well as an unrivaled academic environment, students experience British culture in the stimulating and distinguished surroundings of the University City of Cambridge in the south-east of England.
• Reach Cambridge combines classes, lectures and workshops – often led by Cambridge academics – with a varied program of exciting activities and excursions across Britain.
• Each course is specially designed to complement high school studies, whilst also offering a glimpse of University-style learning.
• Our fun, summer programs help to prepare students for university, and students are encouraged to fully immerse themselves in college life.
• Our programs are tailored to the individual’s study needs and enriched by an extra-curricular program.
• How better for your child to enrich and expand their school curriculum while gaining an insight into life at one of the world's top universities?
2 & 4-week Summer Camps 2019 in July & August
• Computer Science & Maths
• Economics & Business Management
• English Literature
• English Lit. & Performing Arts
• Journalism & Media
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Physics & Engineering
• Politics & International Relations
• SAT Preparation
Situated just south of Zurich in Wädenswil, northern Switzerland, Zurich International School is a leading, non-profit international day school based on American models offering a comprehensive education program taught in English for students aged 2 to 18 in the greater Zurich and Baden areas. Over 1,300 students from more than 45 countries attend one of the school’s five campuses. ZIS offers Advanced Placement courses (AP) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
As an IB Organisation World School we are accredited by both the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S. ZIS is also officially approved by the Departments of Education of the Cantons of Zurich and Aargau. A strong academic program, centered around the traditional core disciplines, prepares students for entrance into colleges, universities, or other institutions. In addition, the school provides courses and learning support services which address the needs of a student body diverse in educational background and ability. More than 90% of the graduating seniors enter universities and institutions of higher learning worldwide.
- Programs from pre-school to grade 12
- Curriculum follows Amercian College Preparatory Models with Advanced Placement Courses and English, history, foreign languages, mathematics, science, creative arts, and physical education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
- Primary Years Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
- English is the main language of instruction with German and French taught as second languages
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Program
• ISSOS offers summer school programs for international students aged between 13 - 18 years of age in July and August in St. Andrews University.
• St Andrews is situated on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow. We also run a summer school in Cambridge, England.
• ISSOS offers teenagers a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging environment while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Our 3-week summer school programs are all-inclusive.
• We limit the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience. International students come from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities, creating a multicultural atmosphere.
• Students study one academic subject and one elective subject. In addition, we provide a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games.
• Students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews.
Student Review: "There is one word that describes ISSOS, amazing! ISSOS is an exceptional school and the staff work perfectly together. The social activities are great, a brilliant way of getting to know students from other classes and electives." - Axel, Finland
The International School of Berne, Switzerland is an accredited international day-school that offers semester or year-long homestay study abroad programs for high school students ages 14 to 19 (Grades 8 - 12). Located just 3 miles east of the Swiss capital Berne, approximately 1 hour south-west of Zurich, the school provides an English-language education for children of over 40 nationalities. Our school year extends from August until June and we now offer a study abroad program incorporates the International Baccalaureate (IB), one of the premier college preparatory education programs in the world.
Our program is an exclusive, innovative and premier study abroad option in Switzerland. During your semester or year, you will become an extended member of your local host family. You can choose to live with an English speaking family, or do a French or German language homestay immersion.
Our dedication to excellence in international education has been part of the school drive to develop as an International Baccalaureate World School. The school's IB Diploma program was established in 1997 and we are one of only 130 IB schools worldwide authorised to offer all three IB programs.
Semester / Year-long Homestay Study Abroad Programs
- Grades 8 - 12 (ages 14 - 19)
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- English, French or German speaking homestay (stay with a local Swiss family)
- Visa application assistance
Our academic program includes:
- Language and Literature: English, French and German
- Language B: English, French and German
EduKick is a leading international football camp organization that provides a range of soccer training programs and football summer camps for boys and girls in Madrid, Spain.
Our intensive 4-week soccer summer camp is designed for kids and teens ages 10-18, and features daily Spanish language instruction by International House Madrid, excursions, and professional soccer training by the famous Aragonés brothers & professional Spanish coaches.
Our mission is to work with players on every aspect of their training to ensure they develop the physical, technical, tactical and mental foundation required for better performance in football matches.
This is accomplished through coaching and training in advanced strength and conditioning techniques, uniquely integrated with mental, nutritional and sports medical principles all enhanced by the environment and high tech facilities.
Full day cultural excursions include trips to Madrid, the Bernabeu (Real Madrid's staduim) and local historical cities such as Segovia, Monasterio de El Escorial, Toledo, and more. Leisure activities include trips to amusement parks, water parks, paintball among others!