Go Inspired - Commedia dell'Arte Summer Course: Go Inspired is a US-based cultural exchange company that looks for unique, creative opportunities to explore the world. We offer a unique, theater-based 3-week Summer course in Florence, Italy where students can discover the world of 'Commedia dell’Arte'. The course is geared toward understanding the theatrical experience as a fun and useful game for developing your own creativity and expressiveness. The course lasts for 4 hours per day and participants will have the late afternoon, evening and weekend free to explore Florence and Tuscany.
3-week Theater-Based Summer Course in Florence: Discover the world of Commedia dell’Arte. The course lasts for 4 hours per day and participants will have the late afternoon, evening and weekend free to explore Florence and Tuscany.
- Theatrical Experience The course is geared toward understanding the theatrical experience as a fun and useful game for developing your own creativity and expressiveness as well as increasing your artistic experience in relation to a group. The course will help to develop the exchange of physical energy and creativity amongst the students in the group.
- Focus on Classical Texts The course focuses on reading, understanding, and interpreting scenes, characters and stories contained in major classical texts, reviving them from an environment some 500 years ago.
- Learn About the Characters of Commedia: The course will take place in Florence and combine body expression/language and acting. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the characters of Commedia and to dance to a choreographed Renaissance noble Italian dance. There is also the possibility of doing a performance in Florence.
Design summer programs by Nuova Accademia Di Belle Arti Milano - NABA
Courses / Programs
NABA (New Academy of Fine Arts), located in Milan, Italy, offers a wide choice of short summer courses at both introductory and intermediate levels in the fields of Fashion Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Styling among many others. Each course is two weeks long and students can combine an introductory course followed by an intermediate course for a total of four weeks study. All courses are taught in English.
The Summer Programs propose a wide and updated synthesis of NABA know-how, giving a view of the most significant trends of the market, of industrial creation processes, of artistic and social expression, of Design, Fashion, Graphic and Communication, together with the opportunity to experiment with a topical project theme, under the guidance of renowned professionals and in cooperation with big companies.
We offer two - four week summer courses in the fields of Interior Design; Product Design; Graphic Design; Fashion Design; Fashion Marketing; Fashion Styling; Fashion Accessories; Landscape architecture among others.
U.S. university students can register for NABA courses through West Virginia University's Office of International Programs and Office of Extended Learning and will be awarded WVU credits on some programs which may at the option of their home institutions be transferred.
• Based in the heart of Tuscany, three miles outside the medieval town of Certaldo, Organic Tuscany Cooking School offers specialized cooking weeks in a magnificent 19th century villa.
• Our classes are “from farm to table”: taking the participants to see where the fresh, local, organic food we buy is grown and using it to cook traditional Tuscan and Italian recipes: fresh pastas, hearty soups, tasty salads, the perfect risotto and delectable desserts. The programs also includes wine-tasting and walking tours with official guides in Florence and Siena.
• Some of the cooking courses are vegetarian, and others can be vegetarian friendly. Free with the course is an e-book with over 60 recipes and photos of the dishes you learned during the week and many others reflecting the Tuscan seasons.
• Accommodation will be in a magnificent 19th century villa, where the cooking classes will also take place.
Located in the heart of Florence, Italy, Web Technology Academy (WTA) is a fast-paced, 4-week study-abroad summer program designed to help students learn the art of eCommerce. All classes are taught in English. WTA offers three main course topics over four intensive weeks; Choosing products and services to sell online, Build your own e-commerce business from start to finish, and Advertising your website and making money online.
At Web Tech Bootcamp, we believe students learn better when they have real world projects and a limited amount of time to complete them. At the end of four weeks, hard-working students will have the knowledge to take the first step toward financial independence through their own eCommerce business.
Topics / modules include:
- Selling on Ebay
- Importing and exporting products
- Inventing and manufacturing your own products
- Social Media for the web
- Internet marketing techniques
- Photo and video production techniques
- Graphics design
- Creating Viral Video Marketing Campaigns
- Crowd Funding
Located in the heart of the historic city of Florence, The Florence Art Studio provides intensive art programs taught in English to international students from around the world. We offer customized courses that aim to teach the fundamentals of drawing and painting from life.
Choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer.
Our programs can be divided into six discrete and sequentially progressive modules, each of which can be studied from one week to one month or longer. Alternatively, each module can be taken as a stand-alone course.
The majority of our students are adult professionals of all backgrounds and levels - from complete beginner to advanced - who are passionate about Florence, Renaissance, Painting and Drawing.
Students work within a structured environment, under the guidance of an instructor who personally monitors their progress and development for three hours a day, and the remaining time is structured with other activity.
The Studio is situated on Via Ghibellina, only a few steps from the main historic and artistic places of interest in the center of the city.
• Study fashion in Milan this summer with Accademia del Lusso! Conveniently situated in the heart of Milan's fashion district, Accademia del Lusso is a leading provider of year-round and summer fashion-related courses. Subjects include Fashion Styling, Fashion Design, and Visual Merchandising.
• We welcome students from around the world to participate in our 6-week courses. You can choose to study in English or Italian. Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 12 students to ensure that everyone gets the individual attention they need.
• Our 4-week fashion courses are designed for those who already work in the fashion industry, and wish to get advanced, specialist training in a specific area. Our courses aim to develop their skills and enhance their professional profile so that they can progress in their career.
Study art, design or culinary arts abroad in Italy this summer with Accademia Riaci! Located in the heart of the beautiful and historic city of Florence, Accademia Riaci is a leading art and design academy that provides short-term summer art courses, design courses, and culinary art programs.
Course options include Painting, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Shoe Design, Jewelry Making, Interior Design and Ceramics.
Private lessons are also available. In addition, we offer a fully-inclusive summer program, which includes accommodation and cultural excursions.
Summer courses are taught in English or Italian. You have the option to study for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks.
If you attend for 2 weeks or more, you may have the opportunity to earn college credit.
The student-teacher ratio is kept small to maintain the school's policy that values each students' originality and learning styles.
You will receive tailored, hands-on instruction and extensive career development. Training for effective presentation skills are provided in order to develop each learning artist as a whole.
In addition to our summer courses, Accademia Riaci provides short-term spring courses in culinary arts or jewelry-making, year-round short courses (ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks), semester programs, 1-year courses, 2-year diploma program (taught in Italian only) and 1-year master courses.
Intensive Summer Art, Craft & Design Courses Study for 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 12 weeks
- Art History
- Art Management
- Bag Design
- Bag Making
- Fashion Business
- Fashion Design
- Glass Art
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Jewelry Design
- Jewelry Making
- Painting & Drawing
- Product Design
- Shoe Design
- Shoe Making
- Textile Design
- Restoration of Paintings
- Italian Home Cooking
- Italian Language
- Enjoy Italy Course
- English Language
You can combine different courses. Private lessons and intensive courses are also available.