European Cultural Academy - Contemporary Art, Architecture & Design Courses:
Come to Venice, Italy to get inspired! The European Cultural Academy offers exciting, educational Architecture, Art, and Design Courses in summer, spring & fall - taught in English to participants and students of all backgrounds. In our 1, 2 and 3-week courses, we share our insights as organisers of international exhibitions including the world famous Venice Biennale as a well as symposia, conferences and residencies. Students are awarded a Certificate upon successful completion of their course, with a maximum of 15 students for each course. There is also a good possibility to start an internship with us at the European Cultural Centre or with one of our partner institutions.
• Our European Cultural Academy in Venice was created by the European Cultural Centre with the wish to share 15 years of experience in art, architecture and design. For more than a decade we have helped creative communities to increase visibility, build connections and make a lasting impact on their careers.
• Our distinguished faculty includes artists, designers, curators, gallerists, architects and scholars that will help you to build necessary skills and enable you to navigate through an opaque and very competitive industry. Every group is led by very qualified and internationally acknowledged professionals. Students learn from curators, commissioners, press-managers, and artists.
• Prominent professors in History of Art, Architecture and Curatorial Management are invited to complete the curriculum and ensure a solid academic component.
Start any Monday, stay for a number of weeks:
• Join for 1 week to focus on a particular topic
• Join for 2 weeks to cover wider field of subjects
• Join for 3 weeks for in-depth all-round experience and extra opportunities
Alternatively, you can join a 3-day Venice Biennale intense Power Course in May, July, or October
Our courses are designed to enable you to develop your own personal and professional practice in the world of arts and culture. Here you and your peers from around the world are immersed in a collaborative, creative and inspiring environment.
• Contemporary Art: Art Break in Italy (March 5-10)
• Contemporary Art (June 11-16)
• Contemporary Architecture - Opening Of The Architecture Biennale (May 22-27)
• Contemporary Architecture (July 9-14 / August 6-11)
• Venice Architecture Biennale (June 18-23 / July 16-21 / August 13-18 / November 12-17)
• Design: The World Around Us (June 25-30 / July 23-28 / August 20-25)
• 3-Day Venice Architecture Biennale Power Course (May 29-31 / July 18-20 / October 4-6)
• Students experience the reality behind exhibitions, the Venice Biennale and curatorial practices with support from our international faculty of experts.
• Mornings are dedicated to theory classes and afternoons are for gallery visits, work with curators and artists. The whole course is 3 weeks and each week has a focus: Contemporary art tendencies, Venice biennale, and art practices.
• The third week has a lot of assignments and results in presentation of their own exhibition project. Anyone can join for the whole course of 3 weeks or for 1 or 2 weeks but we do not allow more than 15 students on any of the weeks. The practical part of the course where you do "hands-on training" accounts for about 10% of the time.
• A Certificate is awarded to students who have successfully completed the program.
• An Internship Program may also be available afterwards on discussion with our institution.
• Venice itself offers an extraordinary concentration of facilities and organizations dedicated to culture. Beyond the classroom immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities.
We welcome art students, artists, and participants of all backgrounds with an interest in the Arts, Architecture and Culture. For anybody who wishes to tour and explore Italy - Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
European Cultural Academy can advise you on your options including apartment, hostel, or hotel stays.
• "The opportunity to learn on the "behind the scenes" of the Venice Biennale was invaluable.The Academy nurtured in me the will to pursue a professional experience within the Biennale one day. We studied in the environment full of warmth and joy. It could not have been better!"
• "The dynamic relationships and idea exchanges with fellow students is so valuable. The course gave me sense of validation and calm regarding the direction of my career and personal path through the world of art and culture."
• "Professionals shared the secrets of the trade in an personal setting and we were challenged to try ourselves in a group exercise. The program also includes a visit to the Biennale, to local workshops, which makes the week intense, but also fun and very rewarding."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Palazzo Mora, 3659 Strada Nuova, 30121, Venice, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.