Sydney Design School, NSW: Sydney Design School specialises in the business of Interior Design. At Sydney Design School we believe our graduates must be well equipped to meet the needs of the industry thats why we offer very practical, intensive courses in interior design and decoration with an option to complete a business qualification. Sydney Design School is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) offering nationally recognised qualifications.
Courses / Programs:
- Interior Design - Certificate IV in Design (CUV40303) specialising in Interior Decoration
- Business for Designers - Certificate IV in Small Business Management (BSB40407)
The John Curtin College of the Arts, located in Fremantle, Western Australia, facilitates an exciting new approach to learning through an arts-infused curriculum where integration of arts into the other seven learning areas enhances understanding in these areas.
In order to cater for the academic needs of highly able students, the college provides Academic Excellence Programs in humanities, mathematics and science.
Learning occurs within a caring, supportive environment that is responsive to students’ particular abilities and learning styles, and which challenges and engages them to achieve excellence in their particular field. Learning is underpinned by the college values of creativity, innovation and imagination; respect, care and compassion; excellence; a fair go; responsibility; and integrity.
Highly expert, merit selected teachers in the Arts learning areas demonstrate high levels of knowledge, understanding and commitment to excellence in their specific arts discipline(s). They are often gifted performers with expertise within their field and are well connected with industry. All teaching staff complete professional development in gifted and talented education delivery.
Selected high school students from across the state are given the opportunity to participate in a range of Gifted and Talented Arts programs including Artsmedia, Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Drama Music, Music Theatre and Visual Arts. An outstanding and balanced academic program is also offered for your child from Year 8 to Year 12.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Australia & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Set in the artistic hub of central Melbourne, Australia, Latrobe College of Art & Design is an Independent College of Art and Design renown for offering specialised courses in visual art and graphic design. From painting, multimedia design, video production, drawing, sculpture, graphic design, print design, studio practice, interactive animation, art history and theory, Latrobe's faculty of well-known artists and industry based lecturers offer either full-time or part-time programs, and single subject introduction units.
Founded in 1988, Whitehouse Institute of Design is a design school in Australia with centrally located campuses in the heart of Sydney, NSW and Melbourne, Victoria. Acknowledged for its high standard of design education, the institute offers a three-year Bachelor of Design degree course with specialisations in Fashion Design, Interior Design and Styling & Creative Direction.
An accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Schools Certificate II program is available for Year 11 & 12 students in NSW and VIC. Design Beginnings Workshops in drawing, illustration and design presentation are offered during school holiday periods for all ages from secondary school onward.
Whitehouse offers a unique learning environment that encourages conceptual development, research and experimentation, and innovative design outcomes in a variety of studio and technical environments.
Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) is the visual arts faculty of the University of Sydney. SCA is a premier provider of contemporary art education and research around the world offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in contemporary visual arts. SCA’s student population is diverse and one in six students are international students.
Leading the research and practice of contemporary art in Australia since 1976, SCA delivers innovative educational programs that support the professional success of graduates. A faculty of the University of Sydney, SCA continues the tradition of academic excellence associated with Australia’s most established educational institution.
SCA’s campus is located in the historic Kirkbride buildings in Rozelle, a suburb in the inner west of Sydney, and overlooks Sydney harbour. SCA provides free student and visitor parking on campus and is easily accessible by public transport.
The educational programs are studio-based and facilities include computer and multimedia laboratories, print, clay, glass, wood and metal workshops, film / video & sound production and editing facilities, SCA Gallery, SCA library and several student exhibition spaces.
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in visual arts:
- The Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) is three-year undergraduate degree program for those wishing to establish a practice in the contemporary visual arts, with the option of an honours degree also available.
- Master of Film and Digital Image
- Master of Interactive and Digital Media
- Master of Studio Art
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Specialist short courses in visual art are sometimes available.
Julian Ashton Art School - Australia's Oldest Art School
Courses / Programs
Julian Ashton Art School in Sydney offers full and part time courses to all students if there is a place, from 18 years to mature age, beginners and advanced. All our tutors are exhibiting artists dedicated to providing the perfect balance of individual tuition that allows students to proceed at their own pace. Diplomas and Certificates are awarded and Scholarships may be competed for by all enrolled students. They include; the Sir William Dobell, John Olsen, Brett Whiteley and Thea Proctor Scholarships.