Troubled youth programs in Montana: Therapeutic boarding school for difficult teens with emotional issues, behavioral problems. High school program, co-ed residential treatment center in Northwestern Montana for kids from WY, ID, SD, ND, UT, CA, TX, NY, NC, FL..
Montana Academy, Kalispell: Located in Marion, in the northwestern area of Montana, Montana Academy is a private therapeutic boarding school for young people ages 14 to 17 at crisis points in their lives.
Therapeutic Boarding School Program for Troubled Teens (Ages 14-17) Academic Program: Montana Academy aims to teach students whose emotional problems have disrupted learning in both academic content areas and in learning process. Many troubled students have not yet learned how to learn and flounder in conventional crowded classrooms as a result.
Students at various grade levels and with differing skills work together on core subjects, aided by certified teachers skilled in teaching students of varying abilities and motivations.
Students receive personal attention afforded by smaller class sizes. Montana Academy offers a broad range of classes in English, history, mathematics, science, art and foreign language. Honors and Advance Placement are available in many classes. Students take three classes and earn 5 credits per subject passed in a 12-week block curriculum.
All classes are designed to challenge the individual ability of each student and to incorporate direct instruction on effective strategies for learning and writing. Content is not neglected; the Academy provides ample content for proficient graduates to enter first-rate colleges.
Montana Academy is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. Students who complete the emotional growth component of the program can earn a Montana State High School diploma. Students who finish their high school requirements prior to finishing the program may take college courses or do independent studies. The Academy also offers the PSAT, SAT and assistance with college applications.
Emotional Growth Curriculum: Experienced, trained clinicians provide comprehensive treatment that fosters a resumed momentum along the normative sequence of adolescent development.
A sequential phase plan supporting solid progress through an expanding range of options encourages students to become more trustworthy, constructive, energetic and responsible in thinking and behavior. Advancement from each “clan” represents a step forward in the developmental and maturational process.
Students are organized into teams under the care of a clinical supervisor who leads the team’s group therapy four times each week. In addition, students meet with their clinical supervisor for individual therapy weekly.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Montana, across the United States, and from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Therapeutic Boarding School For troubled teens ages 13-18
- Middle School Program
- High School Program
- Credit Recovery
- Accelerated Learning
- College Preparation/ AP Classes
- SAT/ACT Testing Center
- Anti-Bullying Program
- GED Program
- College-level Courses
We create a customized program for each student that requires a minimum of 3 months. However, best results for lasting success are realized through 6+ months of treatment.
TWAI graduates average a 3.5 GPA. It is common for a student to complete 1.5 years of course work in 1 year.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Situated in central South Dakota, Sunshine Bible Academy is a non-denominational, K-12 Christian school for boys and girls.
Located in the town of Miller, Hand County SD, we offer local day school educational programs for elementary school students, and a residential (boarding) school program for secondary students in Grades 9-12.
Our curriculum is based on the philosophy of Christian education that relates biblical truths to every area of learning.
Sunshine Bible Academy is accredited by the State of South Dakota Division of Elementary and Secondary Education and also a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
Clearview Horizon School for Girls is a therapeutic boarding school designed for girls between the ages of 13 to 21 years. We are located in Sandpoint in Bonner County, Idaho, set in the beautiful Montana mountains.
Clearview is for girls who are struggling with self-esteem, motivation, purpose, the influence of a negative peer environment, recreational drug use, an eating disorder, or some other destructive behavioral pattern.
Through our unique Christian-based program, students find the strength to overcome their disorders. Students attend school, receive tutoring when necessary, and participate in after school activities.
More than 500 students have trusted their care to Clearview Horizon since 1996. Clearview offers a program made up of skilled and experienced professionals who help young women struggling with life problems.
Clearview is fully accredited through the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC). It has been our mission to help young girls rejoin their families and face the world better equipped with the skills necessary to succeed in life.
• Learn how to apply a beautiful and realistic spray tan in Montana with an on-site or online certification course from Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - one of the country's leading providers of spray tan training.
• Study onsite at our spray tan classes in Billings MT which are held regularly in a leading hotel.
• Alternatively, you can earn full spray tan certification online from the comfort of your own home or workplace in Montana and nationwide with our web-based programs available 24/7.
• Whether a complete beginner, esthetician or salon beauty professional, you will learn how to win and retain huge numbers of new clients by providing exceptional service and a flawless tan every time!
• We offer an unparalleled level of marketing expertise, and the collective knowledge of thousands of master estheticians and spray tan artists.
• All of our spray tan courses come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Student Review: • "I have been spray tanning for 7 years and yet I was enlightened by the Sunless 101 training. I learned the best way to spray for a flawless tan every time. I also learned how to best sell retail products. Since the training I have sold out of the retail products and I have customers waiting for more!" - Spray Tan Consultant, Maryland