Nestled in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains and the Arkansas River Valley in Logan County, Arkansas, Subicao Academy is a Catholic Benedictine college preparatory and boys´ boarding and day school for grades 8-12 offering college prep ACT, SAT as well as advanced placement courses.
- For over 120 years, Subiaco's methods have been proven to better prepare young men for college and for life. Seniors at Subiaco have a 100% college acceptance rate and more than 80% of the seniors typically receive scholarships.
- Open the doors and walk the paths of Subiaco and you'll find a place where people greet you warmly, ask you how you are, and wait for your answer. It's a place where relationships matter as much as success in our many and diverse classrooms.
- It's a place that asks you to challenge every preconceived notion you might have of yourself, forcing you to take risks in the context of a supportive and warm environment. The challenges are harder here, the friendships stronger, and the success you earn stays with you for life.
Who Attends Subiaco?
Young men who want a great experience and an opportunity to develop their full potential attend Subiaco Academy. Students range in academic ability and represent a variety of social, economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
Subiaco Academy serves young men who respond well to small classes, a structured environment, and a strong sense of community.
- Rigorous curriculum with subjects including English, science, math, foreign languages (Spanish and Latin), history, music, visual arts, health, physical education
- College Preparation Courses (ACT, SAT)
- Advanced Placement Courses
- English as a Second Language
- College Guidance Counseling
Subiaco Academy has two student residential facilities (Main Building and Heard Hall). We believe that for students to successfully achieve, learn, and thrive in a boarding school community, the students must live in an atmosphere that ensures that these qualities are enhanced.
The administration, faculty, and staff strive to provide an environment that is safe, structured and infused with the Catholic Benedictine traditions which make the Academy unique.
A housing system is employed in the two student residential facilities (Main Building and Heard Hall). This System is designed to promote a more inclusive community, healthy competition, school spirit, and camaraderie among all students. Six dorm areas are offered.
The Academy employs residential deans—two per 3 dorm floors and one on the smaller floor. While on duty, the residential deans are on continuous call and live in the dean's quarters on the hall with the students. These residential deans are charged with daily supervision, discipline, and providing for the basic needs of the students.
Subiaco Academy encourages membership in various clubs, organizations, and competitive academic teams on campus that promote community service and the development of fraternal and cooperative relationships among the students.
In keeping with the school’s mission statement, these activities and organizations all have a faculty advisor for guidance, but are run by students elected to leadership positions by their peer membership.
Our clubs include the Art Club, The Order of the Blue Arrow, CASA (Cultural Awareness at Subiaco Academy) Club, Drama Club, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Science Club, Spectrum Production Film Club, The Benet Club and the Student Council.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Subiaco, 405 North Subiaco Avenue, Russellville, Arkansas , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.