Boarding schools in Central Florida for at risk girls: Christian school in Lakeland FL. Residential programs for difficult teens with behavioral problems / emotional issues. Therapeutic boarding school for at-risk girls in the Lakeland-Winter Haven metro area between Tampa & Orlando, FL.
Lakeland Grace Academy: Located in Lakeland FL, 35 miles east of Tampa, Lakeland Grace Academy is a private boarding school for girls, ages 12-17, who are struggling with life-controlling problems such as low self-esteem, depression, at-risk behavior and rebellion.
The student residences, kitchen/dining and school are in located in the 10,000 square foot home-like facility on acreage nestled in a middle class community.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Florida, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Situated on a state-of-the-art 450-acre campus in Bradenton, south-west Florida, IMG Academy is an accredited Pre-K–12th grade college preparatory boarding school for ages 11 and up.
IMG Academy is proud to provide a challenging and supportive academic and athletic program for student-athletes from all over the world. We have proven ourselves over the course of 30 years as a world leader in total athletic development for athletes of all ability levels.
Over half of our students come from international backgrounds. Our student-athletes experience different cultures and become friends with others from around the globe. We also offer English language instruction, TOEFL and SAT courses, as well as High School Post-Graduate studies.
We house boarding students in three areas on campus. Careful consideration is given with regards to placing your child into his or her housing environment. We always match student athletes based on gender first and age second.
Professional-quality facilities and immaculately maintained fields/surfaces are the standard on campus to ensure that there is no letdown in training - the type of environment typically only utilized by pro athletes.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade / 14-18 year old students from Florida, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan and Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, Canada, China, Germany, Argentina, and the U.S. among others.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Review: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Port St. Lucie FL, Southeastern Military Academy is a specialized boarding school dedicated to helping troubled and needy boys from ages 11-17.
Southeastern Military Academy is a 12 month boarding school that utilizes military style components for the establishment of a "Doctrine of Discipline" in the lives of the struggling teens who come to the school.
The Academy provides a viable alternative to school dropouts for struggling teens needing behavioral re-direction in a military style environment.
Our Behavioral Re-Education Program is based on the concept of Physical Readiness Test, divided into three phases, red, white and blue.
In the first phase goals and treatment plan are established, the second phase is aimed at recognizing issues that brought the boys to the school while the third phase involves actively working on issues and beginning to own responsibilty for past behaviour.
Specialized boarding school for troubled and needy boys (ages 11-17)
- 12 month alternative to boot camp and military school
- Individual Treatment Plan
- Behavioral Re-Education Program, based on Physical Readiness Training Test
- Therapy and Life Skills Training
- Award winning behavioral modification and re-education program
- Visitation permitted after preliminary period of approx. 4 weeks
The Donahue Academy of Ave Maria near Naples on the west coast of Florida, is a classical day and boarding school in the Catholic tradition.
We offer a freshman through Senior high school (9th-12th grade) boarding option, in addition to our K-12 day program. Freshman and sophomore boarding students are considered for placement with a Host Family in the Town of Ave Maria. Juniors and seniors live in the Ave Maria University dormitories.
Our housing program is for college prep students with strong academic credentials and who will be completely "on Mission" with us academically and spiritually. This program is not for students struggling academically. This program is for mature and on-mission students.
The Bolles School is a private, college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville in Duval County FL, the school enrolls more than 1,700 boarding and day students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 on four campuses, Ponte Vedra, Whitehurst, Bartram and San Jose.
The Bolles School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Our students learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion.
The School preserves the tradition of excellence in preparing students for college and life, while providing a comprehensive breadth of learning opportunities and experiences.
For our boarding students, Bolles is a second home. With boarders in Grades 7-12 from more than 25 countries, the program offers diversity and a sense of family that enhances the Bolles experience. Shuttle buses transport boarding students to their respective campuses for school and other activities.
For students in Grades 7-9, the boarding program includes structured study time, room inspection and daily academic counseling. This prepares them for more independent living in Grades 10-12.
- Day Programs from Kindergarten through 12th Grade
- Boarding Programs for in 7th to 12th Grade
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School
- Advanced Placement Courses
- English as a Second Language
- College Preparatory Curriculum with subjects including math, science, English, Spanish, French, German, Latin and other languages, social studies, history, fine and performing arts, physical education