Catholic boarding schools in Florida: Private college prep school for boys & girls, independent high school in Naples-Marco Island area. Residential education for young men & women in Collier County, close to Fort Myers, Cape Coral..
Rhodora J. Donahue Academy of Ave Maria: Located near Naples on the west coast of Florida, The Donahue Academy of Ave Maria is a classical day and boarding school in the Catholic tradition. We offer a freshman through Senior high school (9th-12th grade) boarding option.
Freshman and sophomore boarding students are considered for placement with a Host Family in the Town of Ave Maria. Juniors and seniors live in the Ave Maria University dormitories. Our housing program is for college prep students with strong academic credentials and who will be completely "on Mission" with us academically and spiritually.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12:
- Day Programs
- Boarding / Residential options
- Classical Curriculum
- Housing program
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade / 14-18 year old students from Florida, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan and Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, Canada, China, Germany, Argentina, and the U.S. among others.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Review: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy in Jacksonville, Florida, is a Christian residential education program for struggling teenage boys, aged 14-1/2 to 17.
Safe Harbor admits boys who are fatherless, have lost one or more parents to death, and those who are experiencing behavior problems in home and at school and need an alternative home setting. Safe Harbor is open to all teenage boys, who qualify for the program, regardless of religion, race, color, creed or national origin.
Safe Harbor provides a therapeutic boarding school environment using the waterfront as an educational facility for teenage boys who are struggling.
Providing a safe, stable, structured, alternative living environment, boys live aboard their own vessel (quarters are not shared), learning seamanship and maritime skills as well as studying for a high school diploma.
Conveniently situated in Polk County FL between Tampa and Orlando along Interstate 4, Lakeland Grace Academy is a private, accredited 40-bed Christian boarding school for at-risk girls ages 12-17.
Registered with the State of Florida and a member of the Florida Association of Christian Child Caring Agencies (FACCCA), we provide a 15-month wellness program to girls who are struggling with problems such as low self-esteem, depression, at-risk behavior and rebellion.
Our student residences are located in a 10,000 square foot home-like facility on acreage nestled in a middle class community in Lakeland FL.
Lakeland Grace Academy provides focused and individualized academic attention for the girls in its care. The focus is on improved study skills, which gives a competitive advantage in college.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Academic Education
- Participation in Activities
- Great Campus Environment
- Qualified and Dedicated Staff Members
- Outreach Opportunities
- Christian Values
Located in Port St. Lucie FL, Southeastern Military Academy is a specialized boarding school dedicated to helping troubled and needy boys from ages 11-17.
Southeastern Military Academy is a 12 month boarding school that utilizes military style components for the establishment of a "Doctrine of Discipline" in the lives of the struggling teens who come to the school.
The Academy provides a viable alternative to school dropouts for struggling teens needing behavioral re-direction in a military style environment.
Our Behavioral Re-Education Program is based on the concept of Physical Readiness Test, divided into three phases, red, white and blue.
In the first phase goals and treatment plan are established, the second phase is aimed at recognizing issues that brought the boys to the school while the third phase involves actively working on issues and beginning to own responsibilty for past behaviour.
Specialized boarding school for troubled and needy boys (ages 11-17)
- 12 month alternative to boot camp and military school
- Individual Treatment Plan
- Behavioral Re-Education Program, based on Physical Readiness Training Test
- Therapy and Life Skills Training
- Award winning behavioral modification and re-education program
- Visitation permitted after preliminary period of approx. 4 weeks
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Florida, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Sagemont School in Weston, South Florida, is a private upper school offering programs to students from Grades 6 through 12.
The Sagemont school is not a traditional boarding school, and does not offer on-campus residential facilities. Instead, through our homestay program, international students stay with a local American family for the school year.
Students of our international program come from a wide range of countries, including China, South Korea, Japan, Bahamas, South America, Croatia, Germany, Scandinavia and more.
The Sagemont School has well established contacts with quality Colleges and Universities in Florida and the south east region.
The Sagemont School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) which validates our curriculum as college preparatory. Additionally, we are accredited by the Association of Independent Schools of South Florida (AISF) which identifies us as one of the premier private schools.