Athletic boarding schools in Florida: Sports boarding school in Tampa Bay area for middle school & high school students. Residential programs for young players of baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, athletics, boarding school for athletes, US & international in Bradenton-Sarasota-Venice metro area.
IMG Academy, Manatee County: Situated on a state-of-the-art 450-acre campus in Bradenton, south-west Florida, IMG Academy is an accredited Pre-K–12th grade college preparatory boarding school for ages 11 and up. IMG Academy is proud to provide a challenging and supportive academic and athletic program for student-athletes from all over the world. Over half of our students come from international backgrounds, and our student-athletes experience different cultures and become friends with others from around the globe.
IMG Academy Program (Pre-K - 12th Grade) The Academy Program is structured with an annual two-semester system that runs from September – May. IMG Academy incorporates a “collegiate-style” daily schedule for student-athletes that consists of a half-day of academics and a half-day of sports training/competition.
At IMG Academy, academic enrichment and athletic skill development represent only a portion of the training that student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
Academic Programs: - Middle School - High School - SAT Courses - Advanced Placement / Honors Courses
Athletics: IMG Academy features seven sport programs (Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Golf, Football and Lacrosse) as well as Athletic and Personal Development disciplines that facilitate improvement in areas like strength, speed, leadership, nutrition and more.
Post-Graduate Programs A post-graduate year is an additional year after high school graduation. Students benefit from the post graduate program for many reasons including an extra year to mature physically and mentally, to improve one’s academic profile, and enhance athletic ability to earn a collegiate scholarship. Programs include:
- Intensive English Post-Graduate Year - Post-Grad High-School Program - Post-Grad University Program
English Language Programs IMG Academy hosts a variety of English As a Second Language programs for our international visitors, campers, Academy participants, and community members. The IMG University & Language Center administers these English programs. Courses include:
Address:5500 34th Street West, Bradenton, Florida 34210, USA
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2021-02-27 were from:
melrose park, IL;
Frankfurt am Main, Germany, Germany;
Ponce, Puerto Rico;
Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Paris Saint-Germain Academy USA, Pro Residency (10-Month Program), Florida
Courses / Programs
• At the Paris Saint-Germain Academy Pro in the unmatchable location of South Florida, we offer youth soccer players (boys and girls) from the U.S. and around the world the excellence of European Soccer in the United States, paired with an outstanding academic curriculum.
• The Paris Saint-Germain Academy Pro combines the best of both worlds: High-level pro soccer preparation and internationally recognized academic programs (with a leading college prep curriculum at North Broward Preparatory school)
• Enabling our student-athletes to excel and meet their goals in both academics and soccer, Paris Saint-Germain Academy Pro has a set balance in the daily schedule; with defined time for soccer, classes, activities, entertainment, and rest. Students also have time allotted for quiet study and homework for the week ahead.
• The first official residency program of Paris Saint-Germain in the U.S. offers players the opportunity to train and prepare like professionals with a multi-disciplinary dedicated staff present at each stage of their development, on and off the field.
• Join us in Coconut Creek, a city located in Broward County, South Florida, close to Pompano Beach, Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale, and just 40 miles north of Miami.
• With an average of 250 days of sunshine, this is an ideal year-round training location in close proximity to Miami & Fort Lauderdale with two convenient international airports (Miami International Airport & Fort Lauderdale International Airport).
10-month residency soccer school in Florida (ages U13-U19 Boys and Girls)
• Full immersion in a professional soccer environment.
• World-renowned Paris Saint-Germain training methodology and programs.
• Outstanding professional facilities.
• Official PSG certified coaches.
• Outstanding academic programs (grades 7-12) in one of the highest-rated private high schools in Florida.
• Individual college advising and college planning with 100% acceptance rate to some of the nation’s most renowned colleges and universities.
• An international trip to Paris, France.
Located in Port St. Lucie FL, Southeastern Military Academy is a specialized boarding school dedicated to helping troubled and needy boys from ages 11-17.
Southeastern Military Academy is a 12 month boarding school that utilizes military style components for the establishment of a "Doctrine of Discipline" in the lives of the struggling teens who come to the school.
The Academy provides a viable alternative to school dropouts for struggling teens needing behavioral re-direction in a military style environment.
Our Behavioral Re-Education Program is based on the concept of Physical Readiness Test, divided into three phases, red, white and blue.
In the first phase goals and treatment plan are established, the second phase is aimed at recognizing issues that brought the boys to the school while the third phase involves actively working on issues and beginning to own responsibilty for past behaviour.
Specialized boarding school for troubled and needy boys (ages 11-17)
- 12 month alternative to boot camp and military school
- Individual Treatment Plan
- Behavioral Re-Education Program, based on Physical Readiness Training Test
- Therapy and Life Skills Training
- Award winning behavioral modification and re-education program
- Visitation permitted after preliminary period of approx. 4 weeks
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Florida, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Situated in Melbourne FL, Florida Prep offers a premier college prep education to boys and girls in 6th - 12th grade. The school accepts day and 5/7 day boarders.
Our academic programs are based upon 21st Century Skills & Values, enhanced by exciting electives, clubs, sports and activities. Our classes are small in size and enjoy a low student-teacher ratio.
Florida Prep is just one hour from Orlando, two miles from Space Coast beaches and about 40 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center. Your child will have access to world-class entertainment and educational opportunities that students in other private boarding schools can only dream of.
Campus life at Florida Prep includes a student body comprised of approximately 200 students from 25 states and 20 foreign countries, including Europe, South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Russia, China and Korea.
An active Parent Association and faculty living on campus ensure your child will be surrounded by "a family away from home" at all times.
Co-ed College Prep:
- For students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Program (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Honors and Advanced Placement Program
- AP exams
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Optional Academic Programs: (SAT Preparation; Tutorial Math; TOEFL Preparation, ESL Tutoring)
- Optional Air Force JROTC Program
- Optional Flight Program
The Donahue Academy of Ave Maria near Naples on the west coast of Florida, is a classical day and boarding school in the Catholic tradition.
We offer a freshman through Senior high school (9th-12th grade) boarding option, in addition to our K-12 day program. Freshman and sophomore boarding students are considered for placement with a Host Family in the Town of Ave Maria. Juniors and seniors live in the Ave Maria University dormitories.
Our housing program is for college prep students with strong academic credentials and who will be completely "on Mission" with us academically and spiritually. This program is not for students struggling academically. This program is for mature and on-mission students.
Located in Camp Hill, Tallapoosa County AL (part of the Alexander City Micropolitan Statistical Area), Lyman Ward Military Academy (LWMA) is a private boarding military school for boys that offers a college-preparatory diploma consisting of credits gained from our Junior Cadets (Grades 6-8) and Senior Cadets (Grades 9-12) programs.
Cadets take the ACT, SAT, PSAT, PLAN, ASVAB, and Stanford Achievement Tests as appropriate to their grade level, and LWMA offers Advanced Placement (AP) classes in several academic disciplines.
In keeping with the requirements of the State of Alabama and our own high standards, students are required to have four years of English, Math, History and Science. Further courses are offered as electives.
Using the college-style Block/Quarter System, the normal student load for Senior School (Grades 9-12) consists of eight courses per year. Junior School (Grades 6-8) courses are taken for the full school year, with a usual class load of seven classes.