North Broward Preparatory Upper School, Broward County:
The North Broward Preparatory Upper School is a co-educational pre-K-12 boarding and day college-preparatory, arts, and technology school in Coconut Creek, Broward County, Florida. There are two programs at NBPS, one offering students the best of traditional school education, and the second offering a similar education to students with mild learning differences in a more personalized program. We provide a rigorous preparation for college through academics, honor classes, AP classes, International Baccalaureate course options, enrichment programs and a technology center.
The mission of The North Broward Preparatory Schools is to provide all students with a rigorous and challenging college preparatory education.
The North Broward School and Lighthouse Point Academy offer a nurturing and personalized environment in which each student will find encouragement to excel and achieve the fullest measure of personal and intellectual self-discovery with a heightened sense of self-esteem.
We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Floida Council of Independent Schools.
The North Broward Preparatory Schools believes that its mission is to provide students with a challenging and dynamic college preparatory program enriched by expansive opportunities in the arts, athletics, community service, environmental studies, travel study programs, and technology.
The North Broward Preparatory Schools offer a nurturing and supportive environment, in which students are motivated to excel and maximize their potential.
Within a climate of mutual trust and respect, The North Broward Preparatory Schools encourage students to develop their individual abilities and talents as well as to achieve the fullest measure of personal growth and intellectual self-discovery. Shared responsibility and respect for others are integral to a learning partnership among parents, students, the community, and faculty.
- Boarding Programs for boys and girls in grades 7-12
- Day Programs for boys and girls from pre-kindergarten through grade 12
- Traditional College Preparatory Program with Math, English, natural science, social science, world languages and culture, physical education
- Lighthouse Point Academy Program for students with mild learning differences
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Technology Center
- Enrichment Programs
- College Guidance and Counseling
Beginning with the ninth grade year, community service is introduced as an experience essential to all students' understanding of the importance and personal gratification in assisting their community, their school, or their fellow man.
As part of the NBS and Lighthouse Point Academy graduation requirements, students will be required to spend a minimum of 100 hours during their four High School years doing community service.
- Our residential students in grades 7-12 live on either of our two campuses in converted family homes or purpose-built accommodations which help foster peer support and a strong sense of family.
- Fellowship among students makes our campus a relaxed and supportive place to live and learn. Students share comfortable bedrooms, with one to three roommates, depending on the room size.
- The Residential facilities also provide a family room, recreation room, meeting/study room, and a snack/light meal kitchen and breakfast nook for the residents to share.
- Each facility is warmly furnished and is equipped with a local area network hookup for individual computer access for every resident. Televisions as well as state-of-the-art entertainment systems and telephones in community rooms as well as a residential environment created with adolescents in mind - complete and attractive, comfortable, and a fun living experience for residential students.
- Residential students also have the entire campus at their disposal. Residents can enjoy swimming pools, gym, weight and exercise rooms, track, library, computer labs, art studios, music and dance studios, tennis courts, basketball courts, and much, much more. It's like living in a country club with the very best educational resources available. Residential students live an enviable lifestyle.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Coconut Creek, 7600 Lyons Road, Broward County, Florida , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.