Istituto Marangoni, Paris: At the Istituto Marangoni in Paris we pride on our innovative multidisciplinary approach to teaching young students the finetechniques and love for fashion and design. You will enjoy your time with us. We will teach you we will teach you everything you need to know to create a winning product. The possibilities that are then open to you are endless: from womenswear to menswear, eyewear to swimwear, publishing to image, fashion trends to styling, teaching to graphics. Our Basic Programme is the creative heart of the fashion design school. Every year it prepares a new generation of fashion designers who present themselves to the fashion world with a great fashion event. This first professional experience of the industry also serves as an excellent entry into the job world.
Fashion Design Course: From the techniques of design and pattern making to the history of fashion and art, from marketing and sociology to understanding new technologies, we will teach you everything you need to know to create a winning product. The possibilities that are then open to you are endless: from womenswear to menswear, eyewear to swimwear, publishing to image, fashion trends to styling, teaching to graphics.
The Basic Programme is the creative heart of the fashion design school. Every year it prepares a new generation of fashion designers who present themselves to the fashion world with a great fashion event. This first professional experience of the industry also serves as an excellent entry into the job world. Fashion Styling Course: To best express the designer's spirit, you will choose the perfect location for an advertising campaign. You will be responsible for organising the fashion show, creating an image expressing the clothings moods and turning it into something unforgettable. You will evoke a garment's true "soul" through the creation of a store's display window. Fashion magazines will trust your taste and vision to help choose the right look for the next season.
Fashion Business Course: In this course you will study the market and its segmentation: you will acquire the techniques of selling and commerce. You will learn how to control costs and refine communication and promotional techniques. Upon acquiring all these skills, you will finally be able to implement your own projects, manage collaborators and consultants effectively and jumpstart your career in any fashion company, including your own.
Interior Design Course: This course pushes the frontiers of interior design. To create models of life, to interpret dreams and to answer people's expectations - these are the skills we instill in you, because you will be able to create lifestyles - and not just beautiful homes. This interior design course draws extensively on the Made in Italy philosophy, with a close link between style and technology.
Master Programmes in Fashion: For all Marangoni Master programmes, the achievement of the students will be evaluated throughout the year through a series of exercises, tests and projects. Attendance is also evaluated. In order to take the diploma, students must have attended at least 80% of their classes. These will go towards the final score needed to obtain the diploma. We offer Master Programmes in: Master Programme in Fashion Design Master Programme in Fashion Promotion Master Programme in Brand Management Master Programme in Fashion Buying
PMC Studio offer all-inclusive learning holidays in South-West France. We specialize in metal clay and jewelry holidays combined with the French food and wine experience.
Our courses feature an exciting and versatile new material called 'metal clay', which enables people with no prior experience to produce amazing jewellery in silver, gold, bronze, copper and more.
Our courses are taught in both French and English. We also run masterclasses in various creative skills where known artists/trainers visit PMC Studio.
Our certification courses are recognised by the PMC Guild and the Art Clay Society. This ensures that your certification is recognised worldwide. The modules have been planned and developed carefully to ensure a quality programme.
If you prefer to take more time to complete the certification courses we offer a rolling certification course in metal clay.
We also offer a distance learning programme for students who wish to study from home.
• Discover the world of culinary arts with renowned chefs! Situated in Argenteuil near Paris, Ducasse Education is a leading culinary and pastry school, established by the world-famous chef Alain Ducasse.
• Ducasse Education provides intensive year-round and summer programs for French students, international students, beginner chefs, practicing cooks and continuing education for professional chefs.
• Taught in English or French, the intensive programs combine theory with a high rate of hands-on practice. In our professional culinary programs, students have the opportunity to take part in an internship in a French restaurant selected by Ducasse Education.
• Our programs cover all of the essential functional culinary skills. In addition, they provide in-depth knowledge of products, seasonal availability, nutritional value, preparation methods, health & safety aspects, and applicable technologies.
• Ducasse Education was founded by Alain Ducasse - the legendary award-winning chef, whose restaurants had a combined total of 21 Michelin stars in 2014.
• Culinary students and chefs have benefited from the highest level of instruction at Ducasse Education.
• We also have a training center in Yssingeaux, in the Haute-Loire department in south-central France.
Student Testimonial: "The small class size allowed for close interaction with chef instructors. We used the best products, and made interesting recipes. I found each day to be a unique and rewarding challenge." - Christian, USA
• Culinary Arts Diploma: 5-month skills-building + 3-month internship (taught in English & French)
• Superior Culinary Arts Diploma: 3-month skills-building + 3-month internship (taught in English)
• Bachelor Degree in Culinary Arts: 3-year program (in English & French, with two 5-month internships)
Pastry Arts Programs: • Bachelor Degree in French Pastry Arts (3 years)
• Pastry Arts / Superior Pastry Arts Program
• French Chocolate & Confectionery Arts
• French Bakery Arts
• French Pastry Campus (Summer & Spring)
International Fashion Academy (IFA) Paris is a leading fashion school located in the historical garment district in the 10th arrondissement in the center of Paris, France. Established in 1982, we offer 3-year Bachelor Degrees in Fashion Design & Technology and Fashion Marketing, and a 1-year intensive postgraduate certificate course in Contemporary Fashion Design.
We also offer graduate programs in the fields of Fashion Business and Luxury Brand Management. All of our fashion programs are taught entirely in the English language.
IFA Paris opened our school in Shanghai, China in 2002, and students on our Bachelor in Fashion Design & Technology degree program are strongly encouraged to study abroad in Shanghai for part of their course. Students on our Bachelor in Fashion Marketing degree spend 10 academic weeks in Shanghai during their second year.
In addition, students can attend POLIMODA which is the top fashion design and marketing school in Italy, as part of the MBA / Masters Program in Luxury Brand Management and as part of the MBA / Masters Program in Fashion Business.
In 2014, IFA Paris will offer 9 scholarships at postgraduate level and 5 scholarships at undergraduate level for programs in our Paris and Shanghai schools. Contact us today for further information on how to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
Gastro Academy at the French House Party, Carcassonne
Courses / Programs
• The Gastro Academy at The French House Party is a high-calibre residential French cookery school near the beautiful and historic city of Carcassonne, in the Languedoc-Roussillon area of South West France.
• Carcassonne is only 50 miles from Toulouse which has an international airport. Ryanair also fly directly to Carcassonne from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, and Paris Beauvais international airport.
• Gastro Academy provides all-inclusive cooking holidays for individuals and groups from around the world.
• Cookery classes, taught in English and French, are suitable for anyone passionate about food (from beginners to experienced cooks).
• Our culinary vacations combine superb accommodation, top-quality food, and award-winning Michelin-star French chefs as course tutors.
• We offer scheduled French cooking vacations through Spring, Summer and Autumn, and also tailor-make cookery holidays for groups of 6 or more food & wine enthusiasts, culinary students, hospitality professionals and seniors.
• Recommended in the book “The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life”, French House Party offers superior residential learning courses at an 8-bedroomed house with swimming pool, tennis court and boules pitch.
Testimonial: "Twenty-one hours of French cooking lessons over the course of six days, given by two famous French chefs and voila: I am confident in having mastered the art of French cooking."
- Charlene Peters, examiner.com
• Pauline Fraisse Art & Culture offers year-round and summer drawing and painting classes & workshops in central Paris for adults, tourists, artists, art students, children and families at beginner to advanced levels.
• Classes are taught in English or French to students from around the world.
• Mediums include drawing with colored pens & pencil/ ink, sketching with pencil, watercolor painting, acrylic painting, mixed media & oil painting.
• Subjects and themes include traditional French architecture, modern architecture, modern life, real life, still life, motion, imagination.
• My comfortable studio is located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, a chic & refined neighborhood on the Left Bank (South Side) of the River Seine (near the Eiffel Tower, the Invalides, and the famous pedestrian street Rue Cler, and the Pont Alexandre III bridge).
• It is also conveniently close to the metro stations Ecole Militaire and La Tour-Maubourg (Metro Line 8).
• In suitable weather, we continue sketching outdoors (I lend folding stools to the students), either on Rue Cler, or at the Champ de Mars (Eiffel Tower), or at the Invalides.
• It is a good way to explore Paris, discovering places that one wouldn't necessarily have gone to using a guidebook or following regular tours.
Student Testimonial: "Pauline is lovely and fresh and efficient. I learnt so much from her, in such a short time, and in such a fun and interesting way. I felt inspired for weeks in a row by what I learnt from her."
Art Classes / Workshops in Paris for adults & children: For beginner to advanced students • 3-hour customized courses for 1 to 4 adults, at the studio & outdoors (if suitable), twice a week (Tuesdays & Fridays).
• Classes for children & teens at the studio on Wednesdays, 1 to 4 participants/class:
- 90 minute class for children (ages 5 - 17)
- 1 hour course for small children (ages 3-4)
• Private art classes available on request
• Corporate / Team Building Workshops
• Painting day-trip for friends / family to Giverny in northern France at the famous gardens & home of impressionist painter Claude Monet
Studio Escalier is an independent, private, studio art school and international arts colony, founded in 2001 by Timothy Stotz, Anthony Ryder and Nicole Michelle Tully. We offer intensive art courses to both French and international students in Argenton-Chateau (now Argenton-les-Vallées), a commune in the Deux-Sèvres department in the Poitou-Charentes region of Western France, and drawing programs in Montmartre (18th Arrondissement), Paris. Occasionally, we invite select visiting faculty to offer courses. All course lectures are delivered in English.
Our studio facilities and lectures in Paris, as well as our campus in Argenton-Chateau are not open to the general public. Personal interviews and telephone interviews are not a part of the admissions process. All enrollment and administration is done via the internet.
Our student body has represented 30 different countries, more than 25 major cities worldwide, as well as 35 US states. We enroll anywhere from 25 to 55 students annually, across all programs. The average student age in our intensive courses is 30 years (Approximately 3/4 are age 18-29 & 1/4 are age 30-65), and for our shorter drawing programs & special programs is 44 years.
* Paris Drawing Programs:
- December in Paris - Drawing Program 2011: 20 hours life-drawing and 9 daylight hours at the Louvre per week (3-week program)
- Winter at the Lourve 2012 (9-week Drawing Intensive)