Safe Harbor Maritime Academy:
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy, located in Jacksonville, Florida, is a Christian residential education program for teenage boys, aged 14-1/2 to 17. Safe Harbor admits boys who are fatherless, have lost one or more parents to death, and those who are experiencing behavior problems in home and at school and need an alternative home setting. Safe Harbor is open to all teenage boys, who qualify for the program, regardless of religion, race, color, creed or national origin. Providing a safe, stable, structured, alternative living environment, boys live aboard their own vessel (quarters are not shared), learning seamanship and maritime skills as well as studying for a high school diploma.
Residential Maritime Education Program for struggling teen boys ages 14-17:
Academics are a core component of the overall Safe Harbor Maritime Academy program. Due to behavioral challenges students have previously faced many are academically delayed.
The academic and overall program helps students recover from these delays and regain lost ground. The curriculum combined with the unique and creative learning approach supports students who previously have not experienced success in the academic setting.
Academics at Safe Harbor:
- Academic core courses three days per week
- Study hall required & supervised four nights per week
- Experiential learning is an important component of the overall program & reinforces academic learning concepts
- Flexible block scheduling to ensure academics are enhanced and reinforced with the maritime, vocational, and elective courses – also prevents student burnout
- Spiritual Integration of Biblical principles into daily life
- Personal Values, Character, Integrity and Wisdom taught & reinforced daily in the classroom and throughout the program
- Year Round Classes | Multi-Age/Level Classes
- Group and individual instruction
- Goal Setting review and reinforcement
- Individual Education Plan | Blended Traditional and Active Learning | Mastery-Based Curriculum
- Fun & unique remedial assistance & placement based on Diagnostic Testing
- Full completion of program required for elective credits to be awarded
- FL General Diploma or FL College Prep Diploma
- CLEP - allows students to earn college credit in specific areas by exam
- Graduating students are accepted into two year, four year and major colleges, and all branches of the Armed Services
- Personal Finance
- American Government
- Fine Arts
- American History
- World History
- Maritime Classes
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Safe Harbor Way, Jacksonville, Florida , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.