Co-ed College Prep for students in Grades 6-12: Florida Prep offers a wide range of college preparatory academic offerings including Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment courses. The school can boast of 100% College acceptance since 1978
We offer small classes, a caring and state-certified faculty, mandatory evening study halls, and after-school teacher help.
Middle School Program: 6th Grade Curriculum - English - Language Arts - Mathematics - Science - Social Studies - Spanish - Computers - Physical Education
7th and 8th Grade Curriculum - English - Language Arts - Mathematics - Science - History - Character Education - Creative Wheel: Art, Music, and Computers
High School Program:
9th Grade - English 1 - Algebra 1* - Biology - Spanish - Level 1 - Physical Education - Health
10th Grade - English 2 - Geometry *(Algebra 1 Prerequisite) - Chemistry *(Algebra 2 Prerequisite) - World History - Spanish - Level 2 - Computer Science or Elective
11th Grade - English 3 - Algebra 2 *(Algebra 1 & Geometry Prerequisites) - Science Elective - American History - Health - Art - (2) Electives
12th Grade - English 4
- Pre-Calculus (Algebra 2 Prerequisite) - Calculus (Pre-calculus Honors Prerequisite) - Physics (Algebra 2 & Chemistry Prerequisite) - College Algebra/Trigonometry (Pre-calculus Prerequisite) - American Government and Economics - (2) Electives
High School Electives (Grades 9 to 12) - 3-D Art I & II - Aerospace Science (AFJROTC): - Aerospace Science II:Space Exploration - Aerospace Science III: Science of Flight - Aerospace Science IV: Leadership Development - Aerospace Science IV: Special Teams - Leadership Education I: Global and Cultural Studies - Civic Law - Current Events - College Algebra and Trigonometry - Computer Business Applications (Office 2003) - Computer Graphics - Computer Programming (Java & Visual Basic) - Computer Repair (CompTIA A+ Certification Prep) - English as a Second Language (ESOL) - Film Study - Geography - Geology - Instrumentals - Life Management - Music Appreciation - Physical Education - Psychology (1 semester) - Public Speaking - Sociology (1 semester) - Spanish Levels 3-4 - Web Design - Yearbook
The Guidance Department reserves the right to schedule students according to aptitude indicated by standardized test scores and previous academic record. The Academy also reserves the right to add or drop courses based upon class enrollment.
Honors and Advanced Placement Program: These courses are designed to challenge academically talented and motivated students. The opportunity to earn college credits through the AP exams can save students a great deal of time and money when they enter college as a freshmen.
Honors Courses: - English I - English II - English III - Spanish I - Spanish II - Spanish III - Spanish IV - Algebra I - Algebra II - Geometry - Pre-Calculus - Biology - Chemistry - World History - Government/Economics
Advanced Placement Courses - 11th Grade: English Language and Composition and United States History - 12th Grade: English Literature, Spanish Language, Physics-C, Calculus AB
Dual Enrollment Program Features - Dual enrollment opportunities for Seniors who are authorized to have a car on campus and can travel to local colleges and universities.
Optional Academic Programs - SAT Preparation (non-credit) - TOEFL Preparation - English as a Second Language (ESL) - Tutoring (may be required for students performing below grade level)
The Donahue Academy of Ave Maria near Naples on the west coast of Florida, is a classical day and boarding school in the Catholic tradition.
We offer a freshman through Senior high school (9th-12th grade) boarding option, in addition to our K-12 day program. Freshman and sophomore boarding students are considered for placement with a Host Family in the Town of Ave Maria. Juniors and seniors live in the Ave Maria University dormitories.
Our housing program is for college prep students with strong academic credentials and who will be completely "on Mission" with us academically and spiritually. This program is not for students struggling academically. This program is for mature and on-mission students.
The Bolles School is a private, college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville in Duval County FL, the school enrolls more than 1,700 boarding and day students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 on four campuses, Ponte Vedra, Whitehurst, Bartram and San Jose.
The Bolles School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Our students learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion.
The School preserves the tradition of excellence in preparing students for college and life, while providing a comprehensive breadth of learning opportunities and experiences.
For our boarding students, Bolles is a second home. With boarders in Grades 7-12 from more than 25 countries, the program offers diversity and a sense of family that enhances the Bolles experience. Shuttle buses transport boarding students to their respective campuses for school and other activities.
For students in Grades 7-9, the boarding program includes structured study time, room inspection and daily academic counseling. This prepares them for more independent living in Grades 10-12.
- Day Programs from Kindergarten through 12th Grade
- Boarding Programs for in 7th to 12th Grade
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School
- Advanced Placement Courses
- English as a Second Language
- College Preparatory Curriculum with subjects including math, science, English, Spanish, French, German, Latin and other languages, social studies, history, fine and performing arts, physical education
The Sagemont School in Weston, South Florida, is a private upper school offering programs to students from Grades 6 through 12.
The Sagemont school is not a traditional boarding school, and does not offer on-campus residential facilities. Instead, through our homestay program, international students stay with a local American family for the school year.
Students of our international program come from a wide range of countries, including China, South Korea, Japan, Bahamas, South America, Croatia, Germany, Scandinavia and more.
The Sagemont School has well established contacts with quality Colleges and Universities in Florida and the south east region.
The Sagemont School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) which validates our curriculum as college preparatory. Additionally, we are accredited by the Association of Independent Schools of South Florida (AISF) which identifies us as one of the premier private schools.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Florida, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy in Jacksonville, Florida, is a Christian residential education program for struggling teenage boys, aged 14-1/2 to 17.
Safe Harbor admits boys who are fatherless, have lost one or more parents to death, and those who are experiencing behavior problems in home and at school and need an alternative home setting. Safe Harbor is open to all teenage boys, who qualify for the program, regardless of religion, race, color, creed or national origin.
Safe Harbor provides a therapeutic boarding school environment using the waterfront as an educational facility for teenage boys who are struggling.
Providing a safe, stable, structured, alternative living environment, boys live aboard their own vessel (quarters are not shared), learning seamanship and maritime skills as well as studying for a high school diploma.
Paris Saint-Germain Academy USA, Pro Residency (10-Month Program), Florida
Courses / Programs
• At the Paris Saint-Germain Academy Pro in the unmatchable location of South Florida, we offer youth soccer players (boys and girls) from the U.S. and around the world the excellence of European Soccer in the United States, paired with an outstanding academic curriculum.
• The Paris Saint-Germain Academy Pro combines the best of both worlds: High-level pro soccer preparation and internationally recognized academic programs (with a leading college prep curriculum at North Broward Preparatory school)
• Enabling our student-athletes to excel and meet their goals in both academics and soccer, Paris Saint-Germain Academy Pro has a set balance in the daily schedule; with defined time for soccer, classes, activities, entertainment, and rest. Students also have time allotted for quiet study and homework for the week ahead.
• The first official residency program of Paris Saint-Germain in the U.S. offers players the opportunity to train and prepare like professionals with a multi-disciplinary dedicated staff present at each stage of their development, on and off the field.
• Join us in Coconut Creek, a city located in Broward County, South Florida, close to Pompano Beach, Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale, and just 40 miles north of Miami.
• With an average of 250 days of sunshine, this is an ideal year-round training location in close proximity to Miami & Fort Lauderdale with two convenient international airports (Miami International Airport & Fort Lauderdale International Airport).
10-month residency soccer school in Florida (ages U13-U19 Boys and Girls)
• Full immersion in a professional soccer environment.
• World-renowned Paris Saint-Germain training methodology and programs.
• Outstanding professional facilities.
• Official PSG certified coaches.
• Outstanding academic programs (grades 7-12) in one of the highest-rated private high schools in Florida.
• Individual college advising and college planning with 100% acceptance rate to some of the nation’s most renowned colleges and universities.
• An international trip to Paris, France.